PDA

View Full Version : Crashes with B3

Azure
29th April 2006, 00:12
Since installing H:S Beta 3 ive been getting an impressive occurance of "Hidden source has experianced an unexpected error and has closed down" messages, which range between 15-30 minutes of play before the error. During B2 not once did I get one of these. I dont really have any clue what this is, not sure what could have changed from B2 to B3 that would have caused this. If anybody has any ideas on how to fix it I'd be really grateful.

Atelophobia
29th April 2006, 11:33
B2 performed perfect here too.
With B3 I have a similar problem. It crashes after a some minutes of gameplay.
I dont get a error message.

I have a PIV 3,4GHZ Notebook with GF6800 and 2GB Ram.
Resolution is 1680x1050 (16:10)

Just want to report that.
I hope this will pass by soon.

Thanks for the great game ans the nice new version guys!

StabbyVanKillerson
29th April 2006, 16:06
ya, I have the same problem only that its usually when I or some1 else kills the hidden, I have no clue why it does that, but other than this, its the best game ever

antiowned
29th April 2006, 20:26
I've had this problem twice now. I'm getting no error though. Reminds of B1 when I crashed every 10 minutes. My computer is pretty good, so I don't believe it's a hardware problem.

Azure
29th April 2006, 20:46
From what Ive gathered its more of a server side problem than a client one. Guess theres nothing we can do but sit tight.

MiasmicAnomie
29th April 2006, 20:54
Do you get it consistently when you go to one server, but not another?

palehorse864
29th April 2006, 21:32
I played for a good 1 or 2 hours with no problems last night. I went on a different server today, played two rounds and then crashed at the beginning fo the third round. It does seem like a server problem.

-<<SyycK>>-
29th April 2006, 23:05
Had that problem consistently in beta 1b, changed machines and game versions to beta 2, no problem.

M_C
29th April 2006, 23:39
The "timeouts" and the datacache.dll crashes are related. It just happened again to me and instead of just rejoining I was watching HLSW and most of the server "timed out" too. So what's happening is that people are crashing and it causes the time outs, according to the people that didn't crash.

jetpig
30th April 2006, 00:33
i get it real bad on my server on hdn_sewers. i'd have 5-7 people drop out all at once and it will happen 3 or 4 times per time on sewers. i've just taken it out of hte map rotation.other maps are fine right now.

btw. the server is running slack 10.2

M_C
30th April 2006, 01:12
i get it real bad on my server on hdn_sewers. i'd have 5-7 people drop out all at once and it will happen 3 or 4 times per time on sewers. i've just taken it out of hte map rotation.other maps are fine right now.

btw. the server is running slack 10.2
Mine did it on docks and it's win32. *shrug*

Mogomra
30th April 2006, 01:15
I have no idea how I missed this thread.

But yeah, the server I frequent has been having the exact same problem.

Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00008a37.

That's the error we've all been getting. I have no idea what it means though.

ViciousFlamingo
30th April 2006, 02:21
I've been crashing every time I kill the Hidden in close proximity or see him killed in front of me, which is really annoying since I therefore NEVER get a chance to play the Hidden, and the game never runs for more than 15 minutes in a row. It's happened on a number of servers, on hdn_sewers, hdn_discovery, and hdn_origin, although it may just not have popped up on other maps. Hope this helps you fix the issue (and btw, thanks for all the hard work! Definitely appreciate B3, even though I can't play anymore from all the crashing :D).

jetpig
30th April 2006, 04:45
so it's servers causing client crashes... most annoying.

devs... any way we can help fix this? i remember valve had me send them bug reports in the form of binary files when i had issues before. server logs, etc. i'm willing to help.

M_C
30th April 2006, 05:11
so it's servers causing client crashes... most annoying.

devs... any way we can help fix this? i remember valve had me send them bug reports in the form of binary files when i had issues before. server logs, etc. i'm willing to help.
We don;t know that the server's cause it, we know teh clients do crash and then timeout. Since they do it at the same time it COULD be the server but not always.

K. GoBlin
30th April 2006, 05:50
Anyone who's having constant crashing issues, can you try playing on my server to see if you have those same issues there?
66.208.106.153:27016

I've looked through my server logs since I've removed Mani there and it doesn't seem to be having any mass time outs like everyone here seems to be experiencing. If people notice a significant difference in stability I was going to try and .zip my SRCDS files and host them so people could download them and see if it makes a difference.

M_C
30th April 2006, 07:02
Anyone who's having constant crashing issues, can you try playing on my server to see if you have those same issues there?
66.208.106.153:27016

I've looked through my server logs since I've removed Mani there and it doesn't seem to be having any mass time outs like everyone here seems to be experiencing. If people notice a significant difference in stability I was going to try and .zip my SRCDS files and host them so people could download them and see if it makes a difference.
I didn't get a crash but not every server, that's seeing the timeouts, runs mani.

PureD
30th April 2006, 14:12
I've been crashing every time I kill the Hidden in close proximity or see him killed in front of me, which is really annoying since I therefore NEVER get a chance to play the Hidden, and the game never runs for more than 15 minutes in a row. It's happened on a number of servers, on hdn_sewers, hdn_discovery, and hdn_origin, although it may just not have popped up on other maps. Hope this helps you fix the issue (and btw, thanks for all the hard work! Definitely appreciate B3, even though I can't play anymore from all the crashing :D).
Im crashing on Dx 7 because of the same problem ( since I can't see hidden on dx 8 :D)