PDA

View Full Version : No Hidden

MiasmicAnomie
28th April 2006, 21:32
With random select on, you sometimes get no hidden on a map change or if someone is AFK in spec.

Posting this so people know it's a known bug. It should not affect any servers that have random select off.

M_C
29th April 2006, 00:11
With random select on, you sometimes get no hidden on a map change or if someone is AFK in spec.

Posting this so people know it's a known bug. It should not affect any servers that have random select off.
I had RHS but I think I'll change it soon. Thanks for the update.

MiasmicAnomie
29th April 2006, 03:32
Honestly, I'd basically recommend turning it off until it's fixed, simply because since it forces a select every round, there's a much, much higher chance of hitting it than hitting the old no hidden bug. And, you can't guarantee you'd actually get a hidden by waiting the round out.

My apologies to everyone.

starstriker1
29th April 2006, 03:44
Aw, random selection was fun!

MiasmicAnomie
29th April 2006, 04:29
I like it as well, right now, though, it just leads to no hidden every time someone goes spec, or a round restarts as someone is picking their loadout. :/

(I've fixed it already, so it's not as though it's unfixable - I just wish I'd caught it before release).

The 'random select because everyone decides to forfeit' works correctly in this release, although it's probably going to be a pain to get anyone to do it.

Payback
29th April 2006, 05:23
Is there a way for the game to simply run a check at 10 seconds into a round and if there is no hidden, randomly select one and respawn?

MiasmicAnomie
29th April 2006, 05:50
Sure there's a way to do that.

The better fix, though, is to make sure that the Hidden is never a player that isn't ready to play. That's how the original fix was done - you should not see a 'no hidden' bug on a server with regular 'you kill him, you get him' selection in B3. You'll either get a Hidden immediately, or you'll sit in spec with a message that says "Waiting for N more ready player(s) to join".

That's also how I've fixed this, when it happens with random select on. It's already fixed in the code base, and basically took about one minute + compile time to find and fix, once I knew it was happening.

CheZDa
29th April 2006, 15:44
You obviosly need better/more play testers! :rolleyes: Or is there a viable excuse for all these little bugs in the release version?

Night Raider
29th April 2006, 15:51
Don't shoot! I'm innocent!

MiasmicAnomie
29th April 2006, 16:00
We tested with random hidden a fair amount.

There wasn't a lot of spectating, during test games. We just didn't hit this bug.

As far as it being a 'release version' - it's still a beta. You all are the "more testers" ;)

edit°
29th April 2006, 16:00
These bugs weren't in the tester version :p

Demented
29th April 2006, 20:46
You obviosly need better/more play testers! :rolleyes: Or is there a viable excuse for all these little bugs in the release version?

Yes, there is.
Bugs were fixed by the bureacratic method. :D Which is to say many of these were pointed out. <_<

HiDDeN oF HeaVeN
1st May 2006, 01:02
HI! i'm new :p
it is just to say that see this bug everytime! It's only on ranmdom hidden server, and sometimes it is very annoying, and we have to wait 5 minutes because sometimes, the guys who are in game don"t know there is no hidden, or dont know they have to suicide!