PDA

View Full Version : Massive player timeouts on B3



K. GoBlin
28th April 2006, 21:18
Anyone having issues with clients timing out in large groups? My server's been up for about 30 minutes now and I've already had two groups of about 4-5 people time out from the server at once. It's very odd, it doesn't seem to be happening at the beginning or end of the round, it's happening in the middle.
Server's running Mani MM, 1.2 RC6 and using the rolled back SRCDS files (for VAC2) located in the Tech Help section. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or can verify that you have a similar config and are running without any issues?

K. GoBlin
28th April 2006, 21:44
NM, I found the problem. Apparently B3 doesn't like that version of Mani. Removed Mani and haven't had a mass disconnect in over 20 minutes.
Be advised, B3 may have issues with Mani Mod SourceMM 1.2 RC6 (or any other RC of this version).

ThunderDan
28th April 2006, 22:46
I'm Running 1.2 RC7 - I didn't notice anything while I was on playing, but if anyone does please let me know.


Edit - Actually just happened while I was on - going to have to roll back to an older version of mani :mad:

M_C
29th April 2006, 00:30
I'm running the release mani (also in teh stickies) and it seems ok as far as timeouts go but I did have one crash.

EmeralDragon
29th April 2006, 02:54
I'm running the release mani (also in teh stickies) and it seems ok as far as timeouts go but I did have one crash.


I'm having mass disconnects as well, running that version.

Pulling the mani out for now (doing VAC2 update right now too).

K. GoBlin
29th April 2006, 05:50
Removing Mani fixed it for me, it ran smoothly for at least 2-3 hours, but I came home tonight to a crashed server. I'm not sure what's going on but this is the same problem I had with B2, it'll run for a few hours, sometimes a day, but it will eventually crash and the logs don't reveal anything. I'm running 4 other servers without any issues so I'm pretty sure it's not a bad install.

Edit: Here's the last bit of the log before the server went down. Hope this helps someone:

L 04/28/2006 - 17:12:59: "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" hurt "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" for "<37>" with ""
L 04/28/2006 - 17:12:59: "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" killed "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" with "knife"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:12:59: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:00: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:00: "Kovacks<27><STEAM_0:0:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<13>" with ""
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:01: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:02: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:02: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:03: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:04: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:04: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidden>" for "<0>" with "world"
L 04/28/2006 - 17:13:05: "Puzzlemaker<29><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><IRIS>" hurt "DŁnsten<26><STEAM_0:1:XXXX><Hidde

Dead Inside
29th April 2006, 11:37
Hmm i'm using RC7 and i didn't notice any real problems at all until a short while ago when one server did exactly as you described and now won't stop doing it :(

Last night there was certainly a few people timing out but never in mass groups from what i saw, the other two public servers seem ok for now as well...


Edit: i'm using the source meta mod version of mani, Linux server.

K. GoBlin
29th April 2006, 16:24
I'm Win2k3, so that might make a difference. It was pretty apparent that Mani was the culprit of those timeouts, but I wasn't able to verify if rolling back to a previous version fixed the issue.