PDA

View Full Version : Beta3 release tomorrow, server files released tonight, question:

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 16:56
Will I be able to simply overwrite the B3 server install over B2? Or will it require a clean install?

The server is currently running the Mani Mod if that makes a difference.

And is it known if this build will correct the VAC2 issue on windows box's?

Ging
27th April 2006, 17:12
Your best bet is to make a clean install, so you don't get any bits of B2 floating around. It's not the mod causing issues with VAC - that's a steam update, there's a thread about it in the Server Admins section.

M_C
27th April 2006, 17:32
Will I be able to simply overwrite the B3 server install over B2? Or will it require a clean install?

The server is currently running the Mani Mod if that makes a difference.

And is it known if this build will correct the VAC2 issue on windows box's?

Just backup your hidden cfgs and mani dirs and delete the b2a hidden dir. Install b3 and restore your configs/mani stuff.

I solved the VAC deal with Gings help last week. Some nazi admins like to keep out cheaters too. ;)

EDIT: The sticky is in tech support not the admin section. ;)

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 17:40
I solved the VAC deal with Gings help last week. Some nazi admins like to keep out cheaters too. ;)

Heil M_C!

I used the post you made about Mani mod as well. I guess even arrogant bastards can be helpful every now and then. :p

M_C
27th April 2006, 17:54
Heil M_C!

I used the post you made about Mani mod as well. I guess even arrogant bastards can be helpful every now and then. :p
Yeah, retarded kids get it wrong sometimes. Guess you don't know me as well as you thought. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hey, Ging! Will we admins still get the server files 12-ish hours before the clients to prepare?

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 18:10
Yeah, retarded kids get it wrong sometimes. Guess you don't know me as well as you thought. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hey, Ging! Will we admins still get the server files 12-ish hours before the clients to prepare?

According to the update on the homepage, we'll be getting the files sometime tonight.

M_C
27th April 2006, 18:15
Reading the announcement FTW...

ThunderDan
27th April 2006, 20:26
Refreshing Download page on Moddb - waiting for the file to finish propogating!!!!

I am so impacient sometimes!!!!

BTW - anyone in the mod team - does b3 echo the weapon used for the kill into the console logs with the players names?

This file is presently being uploaded to our mirrors, and cannot be downloaded until this process is complete.

Note. This can take up to 6hours depending on the number of queued files so please be patient and continue checking back.

Ging
27th April 2006, 20:43
Yup - logs kills with weapons correctly now.

ThunderDan
27th April 2006, 20:47
It wouldn't happen to be in the format

Player1 killed player2 with weaponname

would it?

Ging
27th April 2006, 22:07
yeah, it's just standard log format.

ThunderDan
27th April 2006, 22:14
psychostats will finally give meaning to the unknown weapon - this is a glorious day!!!!

M_C
27th April 2006, 23:57
When are we going to be able to get the b3 server files without paying for it? :rolleyes:

ThunderDan
28th April 2006, 00:17
I downloaded mine with out paying for it, but Ging hasn't posted that link yet. Luckily for me I'm a l337 h4x0r - hahahahaha....

no seriously I am....

M_C
28th April 2006, 00:25
That fastpass crap is just ****ing insulting.

EDIT: Yeah I "bypassed" that crap too now... ;)

Cyborg
28th April 2006, 00:28
dont you know disneyland is actually a front by the jews for brainwashing the masses using the fastpass system?

ThunderDan
28th April 2006, 00:35
ThunderInnovations: Hidden B3 #1 (PS=Off) (http://hidden1.thunderinnovations.com/server.php)
ThunderInnovations: Hidden B3 #2 (PS=ON, Random Hidden) (http://hidden2.thunderinnovations.com/server.php)

Yeah - servers all setup and ready for players

edit: second server is up

Then when the client is ready for download I'll take down my B2a server and convert my Map Test Server.

M_C
28th April 2006, 01:00
I was going to convert mine right away but after the drama trying to get the server it might be a week before anyone gets the client. I won't convert, now, until I have the client, in hand, to test it. :(

Dead Inside
28th April 2006, 01:10
2 of Smokeys are on B3, one public, one private, theres also one still running B2a and it will do so until shortly after the client is released (or slightly later if theres any problems with the B3 servers/mani) There will be another public B3 server up just as soon as i can get steam reinstalled for it, its been horribly slow today and keeps crapping out :(

For now the plan is

#1 - pigstick off, random hidden off
#2 - pigstick off, random hidden on
#3 - pigstick on, random hidden on
#4 - private/testing, possibly public if theres enough demand though

The Laughing Man
28th April 2006, 15:28
still not here.. will i beable to enjoy this when i get off of work here soon...

DeCoy
28th April 2006, 16:00
University of Lincoln server has been up and running B3 since last night.

The server files are downloadable from the uni as well.

http://taligari.lincoln.ac.uk/fun/HSB3-server.zip
http://dc.lincoln.ac.uk/HSB3-server.zip

client will appear there as well.