PDA

View Full Version : Boom hidden appears

The Laughing Man
26th April 2006, 19:32
I dont know if the late nights or what, but every so often i suddenly get a full view of a shadowy figure. (the hidden)

Its not like BHS, but it does happen every so often.

Like they throw a gernade at me, it misses, they run out and suddenly i can compleatly see them.

Its for like a brief second, then they are back to normal hidden status or vanished status.

(i also notice its easier to see the hidden from a distance away. to a point, then it is to see them right up in my face.)

Another time they lit up was when they jumped off the warehouse level down at me. There was a light behind them though.

I'm not sure whats going on here, but i noticed it happening a couple of times. (also when hidden trys to get someone and they stand infront of them i can see the hidden's arms and legs quite clearly.)

<on a side note, i also notice i can see the hidden alot easier when im sleepy instead of being awake.>

Payback
26th April 2006, 19:36
Do you mean that it's like he got de-cloaked and you see the Hidden's textures or that it's just incredibly easy to make out his outline? There are some backgrounds that make his outline show up really easy.

Night Raider
26th April 2006, 19:37
Do you actually SEE the Hidden? As in you see the model, with a texture, and a knife? Or do you see the outline?

And it's almost a fact that the Hidden is easier to see from far away than up close. And less dangerous at that ;)

EDIT- Payback beat me to the reply button.

Ging
26th April 2006, 19:39
The refraction texture doesn't refract sprites - so env_glows, explosion sprites or dust impacts can sometimes show him up if you get the right angle.

Sonic
26th April 2006, 20:44
i also notice its easier to see the hidden from a distance away. to a point, then it is to see them right up in my face.

That's because when the hidden is farther away, he takes up less of your screen, so there's a small section that's being refracted. When he's point-blank though, it almost looks normal because you don't have a comparison.

And there's also some places where his texture evaporates, but don't be a cheap ass and camp the spots when you find them.

Pan the Goat God
26th April 2006, 21:46
Certain textures and stuff just seem to crap the hiddens refract (The green train is my worst enemy)

Or maybe you're just hax.

The Laughing Man
27th April 2006, 03:36
i dont see him as he is when he dies, but it looks kinda like a scooby doo monster. As in i can see an outline, but it happens only for a split second... and now that i think of it, the only time i noticed this was in the ware house..

I also see the hidden everytime he throw the a nade.. or rather see what looks like to be a pouncing hidden, but its really a nade.

Course this stuff also only happens when im half asleep.

M_C
27th April 2006, 04:26
i dont see him as he is when he dies, but it looks kinda like a scooby doo monster. As in i can see an outline, but it happens only for a split second... and now that i think of it, the only time i noticed this was in the ware house..

I also see the hidden everytime he throw the a nade.. or rather see what looks like to be a pouncing hidden, but its really a nade.

Course this stuff also only happens when im half asleep.
Certain textures are VERY unforgiving for the hidden. ;)

Demented
27th April 2006, 05:17
Consider it a bonus whenever a sprite makes the hidden more visible. If refractions could be labeled transparent, maybe this wouldn't be a problem. Though I suppose the nature of refractions makes it impossible.

The Laughing Man
27th April 2006, 05:19
well.. i make note of where it happens and tend to stay away from that location...

Felf
28th April 2006, 19:47
mmm, i also noticed this happening on sewers - i was camping like a noob, and when the hidden ran up to me, and got between me and the end of the tunnel (the almost pitch black bits) he lost all his shading and became a textured model. If it IS the sprites thing, it cuda been water splashes as he moved i 'spose :/