PDA

View Full Version : 3 Disrespectful Kids

MadMan6680
24th April 2006, 01:32
"sLaY3D <O RLY>" STEAM_0:1:1984772 3:07:25 114 0 active
"Waylander" STEAM_0:0:1718403 12:20 96 0 active
"re" STEAM_0:1:10974830 03:02 112 4 active

These 3 kids joined Deadclan #2 and were playing ok for a couple of minutes. then they started to play a little game of "lets find Jimmeh" I had no problem with this for a couple rounds, but then i got annoyed and told them that an empty server would be best for this. They didnt respond well to this. When I asked a second time for them to play how they were supposed to (this is where the demo begins), the started using fowl language. Over the course of the next few maps this escalated to more cursing, some tking and a little racism sprinkled in.
It's up to the admins on what to do with these kids. (sorry if the demos are too long :) )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07W7N5W8

MiasmicAnomie
24th April 2006, 01:38
Thanks for grabbing a demo. Pulling it down now.

Edit: all three banned.

M_C
24th April 2006, 02:31
Confirmed, all 3 gone.

B.Diamonds
24th April 2006, 05:06
Thanks for the information. Got the ID's for our server as well.

Isolation
24th April 2006, 07:25
Hey Miasmic, that first one was the one saying his script was "just a joke". Heh. Silly kids.

MiasmicAnomie
24th April 2006, 07:27
Hey Miasmic, that first one was the one saying his script was "just a joke". Heh. Silly kids.

Aye, I noticed that.

Can't See
24th April 2006, 17:25
I was on for that as well, got annoyed with them and left, played along with them for 1 round to make them happy but they kept on and they were votekicking people who did not go along with them.

M_C
24th April 2006, 19:27
You all DO know that you can mute their in-game mic's right?

Faron
24th April 2006, 20:01
I always disable mic...maybe 1% of the players has something to say that involves tactics or teamplay the rest just laughs way too much, start an own conversation with a friend or just annoys everyone with stupid sounds.

EmeralDragon
24th April 2006, 20:14
I always disable mic...maybe 1% of the players has something to say that involves tactics or teamplay the rest just laughs way too much, start an own conversation with a friend or just annoys everyone with stupid sounds.

So you won't be able to hear my demented laugh as I'm stalking you? :(

Oh well, B3's awesome taunts will correct that. :D

M_C
24th April 2006, 20:30
I mean you can mute individual idiots while listening to normal people. ;)

Faron
24th April 2006, 20:38
Aah, how do you do that? :confused:

Dead Inside
24th April 2006, 20:44
I think if you click on their name on the scorelist it will mute them, theres an icon that comes up to indicate it. Its been a very long time since i did so however so i may be wrong.

This means you have to do it on the fly each time someone is being annoying, thats why i chose to disable voice on our servers, everyone who i've ever experience using it annoyed me :p

M_C
24th April 2006, 20:52
Aah, how do you do that? :confused:
Hit ESC then click "player list" at the top left, select the mic spammer and click "Mute in-game voice" then exit back to the game. ;)

sLaY3D
27th April 2006, 08:00
Well, I see I'm rightfully banned. Sorry about that little mishap, we needed to save jimm3h. MiasmicAnomie, is there anyway we could be unbanned?

ALSO:the script was guessed. It's called a sensitive mousewheel. :cool:

M_C
27th April 2006, 08:33
Well, I see I'm rightfully banned. Sorry about that little mishap, we needed to save jimm3h. MiasmicAnomie, is there anyway we could be unbanned?

You were more than trying to save jimmeh, you were tk'ing, mic spamming, ruining other people's games, abusing votekick and generally being an ass.

edit
27th April 2006, 11:48
If you see you're rightfully banned why do you need to ask if you can be unbanned? :confused:

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 16:48

Looks like you've dug yourself a hole slayed. You're not banned from our server, but thats ONLY because I've played with you several times before and you were well behaved and seemed like a good player. However, please realise you can't act like an asshat on a public server, especially with such a small community like it is now. If you did that on my server then you'd be gone as well.

I'm sure if you PM them and ask really nicely, they *might* give you a second chance. Just don't take it for granted. :)

M_C
27th April 2006, 18:39
I'm sure if you PM them and ask really nicely, they *might* give you a second chance. Just don't take it for granted. :)
He shouldn't bother. I saw him try to join my server but the ban stopped him, why would I want a player like that on my server, ruining the fun for the normal players who visit?

MiasmicAnomie
27th April 2006, 18:57
Anyone can make an appeal of a DEADCLAN ban in the banned? forum at http://www.deadclan.com

Although, I'll tell you up front, slayed - in your case I'm not, at the moment, particularly inclined to be lenient. We'll have to see what your ban appeal looks like, should you decide to make one.

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 19:27
He shouldn't bother. I saw him try to join my server but the ban stopped him, why would I want a player like that on my server, ruining the fun for the normal players who visit?

When it comes to TK'ing/generally stupid acts, then I usually give a temp ban. I was a kid once too, and I remember shooting up my team once or twice while playing CS, just for the hell of it. In fact, I'd call liar if someone said they've been playing games for a few years and have NEVER intentionally killed a teammate "just because".

It's when its repeated that it becomes a perm ban on the ZPG servers. I can give someone a second chance, but if you act like a moron again than I obviously don't want you on my server.

I only employ this with minor offenses. Things like cheating/exploiting = instant perm ban, no exceptions. I have zero tolerance for people who wish to gain an unfair advantage over others by "breaking" the game. Otherwise, I like to handle it on a case by case basis.

And just to make things clear, I'm just saying how I run MY server, and not in any way shape or form telling you how to run YOUR server, almighty Fhrer. :D

M_C
27th April 2006, 19:29
YOUR server, almighty Fhrer. :D
I'm done with your retarded ass, you and slayed are two peas in a pod. Good bye.

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 19:38
I'm done with your retarded ass, you and slayed are two peas in a pod. Good bye.

You take things way too serious M_C. You're allowed to make sly remarks, but when someone teases you you become incredibly defensive.

I'll lay off the joking M_C, no hard feelings. *must restraint.....from...using...German phrases....*

MiasmicAnomie
27th April 2006, 19:42
When it comes to TK'ing/generally stupid acts, then I usually give a temp ban. I was a kid once too, and I remember shooting up my team once or twice while playing CS, just for the hell of it. In fact, I'd call liar if someone said they've been playing games for a few years and have NEVER intentionally killed a teammate "just because".

This is basic DEADCLAN policy for first-time acts, generally - kick or temp ban, let them cool off. (First time egregious acts of TK violence / griefing / etc. are a different story - so no one should think that this means they can come in to the Graveyards and pull something once with no fear of a ban - I have in fact permbanned for first time offenses). Along with watching the demos, however, comes the fact that slayed has behaved in a manner requiring that he be warned at least twice (once, in fact, by an admin other than I - that one was a kick - and once by myself in-game), and logs showed other incidents of on-purpose TK's.

I've TK'd on purpose exactly once. It was on an ovr_ map when we had no Hidden (this was long before I was admining the Graveyards). Looking back on it, I should've just console killed, I wasn't real happy with myself afterwards. Other than that, I've never purposely TK'd anyone - in any game. Call me a liar if you like.

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 20:11
I've TK'd on purpose exactly once. It was on an ovr_ map when we had no Hidden (this was long before I was admining the Graveyards). Looking back on it, I should've just console killed, I wasn't real happy with myself afterwards. Other than that, I've never purposely TK'd anyone - in any game. Call me a liar if you like.

LIAR

:p

Well like I said, it's on a case by case basis for our servers. Now if someone just joined and started spraying down teammates, then I'm probably going to hand out a ban.

Good to know I can't join and blast you in the face with a shotty Mia. Can I wing you with a pistol? ;)

On a completely different note, is there a cvar command to pull up a list of banned ID's? I'm still learning HLSW, and I'm not sure where the ban's are stored. Probably just in a obvious text file, but alas I'm stuck at work and can't look right now.

sLaY3D
27th April 2006, 20:20
Wait a moment, who did I TK?

It didnt seem like nobody didnt like finding jimmeh. Before MadMan came, we were doing it for more than 15 minutes. We were all having a wonderful time. Nobody was tking, or anything. There was about 9 people in the server, and we were all working together. It was a half an hour mistake on my part I guess, but when you play as hidden for so many rounds, or IRIS, it gets boring.

I truly am sorry. If you've played with me before, I am not an asshole. I was just bored, and I guess being bored can screw up your reputation on a server. Im not asking for another chance, I would like it if you could decide on that. But if you did give me another, I can promise I will be extremely obedient. :confused:

Dead Inside
27th April 2006, 20:29
Clicking on the ban list tab of the HLSW rcon section (View > rcon section) will open up the area to add bans/remove, clicking the update button gives you the most up to date display of the servers ban list.

If you want to make your own its under File > Player ID Database editor to add/modify entries, doing this easily lets you see who's banned and why in the ban list when you retrieve it from the server as well. It makes it much easier to pick out new bans that way, especially if you have multiple admins or an autoban feature in place. You can export the database you create to give to others/backup as well, which is nice.

Adding/removing entries to/from the database doesn't modify the servers ban list though.

MiasmicAnomie
27th April 2006, 20:36
I truly am sorry. If you've played with me before, I am not an asshole. I was just bored, and I guess being bored can screw up your reputation on a server. Im not asking for another chance, I would like it if you could decide on that. But if you did give me another, I can promise I will be extremely obedient. :confused:

Make your appeal on the DEADCLAN forums. I'm not the only person you'd have to convince.

EmeralDragon
27th April 2006, 20:55
Clicking on the ban list tab of the HLSW rcon section (View > rcon section) will open up the area to add bans/remove, clicking the update button gives you the most up to date display of the servers ban list.

If you want to make your own its under File > Player ID Database editor to add/modify entries, doing this easily lets you see who's banned and why in the ban list when you retrieve it from the server as well. It makes it much easier to pick out new bans that way, especially if you have multiple admins or an autoban feature in place. You can export the database you create to give to others/backup as well, which is nice.

Adding/removing entries to/from the database doesn't modify the servers ban list though.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Fox
28th April 2006, 02:06
It is my opinion on this matter that if someone can be mature and intellectual as an individual, this does not excuse their actions if they submit to mob mentality and become complete asshats around other 'friends'.

I've seen this behavior first hand and have never tolerated it. Acting out through anonymity is a type of bull**** over which I've stopped talking to people in real life. Ruining the fun of several others just to appear to be "cool" to one or two friends is the kind of teenage bull**** that's ****ing up the the Internet as a whole.

I have honestly stopped, thought back and cannot recall a single time I've acted like this, but I was raised well and, in my opinion, am old fashioned. Call this a "Hank Hill" mentality (you Brits probably won't get this). I've had some real life...associates who behave like this at times online, and I'm typically the one to stop it before it starts. Their response determines whether I punch them in the gut the next time I see them or not. The anonymity of the Internet magnifies the personality of an individual to such a scale that certain inhibitions can be shed and the true demeanor of the individual can shine through. Unfortunately, more often than not, this is a bad thing. Few take it upon themselves to hold a demeanor online that is an epitome of professionalism. I take pride this. Most seem to prefer to attempt to ruin the gameplay of others simply because they can. Power corrupts. The reasoning behind such actions is another debate in and of itself.

Some would say this type of behavior cannot be changed and therefore the first offense should be enough. Others would argue that the behavior is a result of the times of society and the upbringing by parents and is not the fault of the defendant.

People know right from wrong. The only difference among people is their self-control to choose between them.

I'm a hangin' judge. You know what I'd do. I have not reviewed the evidence and will not make a judgement for this reason. It's not my call anyway...

--Fox

TheMorris
28th April 2006, 05:12

It didnt seem like nobody didnt like finding jimmeh. Before MadMan came, we were doing it for more than 15 minutes. We were all having a wonderful time. Nobody was tking, or anything. There was about 9 people in the server, and we were all working together. It was a half an hour mistake on my part I guess, but when you play as hidden for so many rounds, or IRIS, it gets boring.

I disagree with you saying you are not an ass, I have not once played with you where I have found you tolerable. You have personnally insulted me and questioned my sexuality numerous times when I have played with you. And mic spamming "Morris loves cock" over and over after I had said that I have muted you does not make you seem any better in my eyes.

M_C
28th April 2006, 05:27

After another review, it's true, you didn't actually tk anyone, but you did call players "faggot" and you spewed the n-word repeatedly. Among the other things I listed before like abusing votekick, ruining other people's game and mic spamming. Maybe next time you get bored you'll quit and go outside and ride your bike. Being bored does not excuse you for being a complete ass.

EmeralDragon
28th April 2006, 21:05
slayed: For the record, in light of the new evidence, you are on *incredibly* thin ice on the ZPG servers. If you do join and play on them, I would highly suggest not even saying a word, and being very very careful with your aiming around teammates.