PDA

View Full Version : An ass named Sonic... 4/22/06

M_C
23rd April 2006, 04:26
Tell me this isn't our Sonic, I know there must be a few...

# 41 "Sonic" STEAM_0:0:2629182 00:09 181 76 active 68.219.110.222:50305

20:26:23 "Console<0><Console>" say "This is a NO camping server!"
20:26:38 "Sonic<41><Spectator>" say "Who's the Console?"
20:26:47 "Cossak Raider<40><Spectator>" say "its automatic"
20:27:02 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><Spectator>" say "I don't think so"
20:27:07 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>"
20:27:09 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "aw"
20:27:17 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" say "why do retards camp?"
20:27:18 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:18 "Master_Cylinder<5><IRIS>" joined team "Hidden"
20:27:18 "[FV] acTiVE*<37><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:18 "Cossak Raider<40><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:18 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:18 "Aft3rmath<32><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:18 "§hà ttÄ blà §ta<25><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:27:22 "Cossak Raider<40><IRIS>" say "idk"
20:27:26 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>" say "If it was, it wouldn't have the "Console:""
20:27:30 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "they think their safe"
20:28:17 HLSW NOTE: Disconnected
20:28:41 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "wer?"
20:28:44 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "omg"
20:28:48 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "Cossak Raider<40><IRIS>"
20:28:49 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "who keeps putting this dam thing"
20:28:53 "Cossak Raider<40><IRIS>" say "idk"
20:29:01 "Cossak Raider<40><IRIS>" say "he must be ***"
20:29:24 "Cossak Raider<40><IRIS>" disconnected (reason "Disconnect by user.")
20:29:51 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "[FV] acTiVE*<37><IRIS>"
20:30:04 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "Aft3rmath<32><IRIS>"
20:30:04 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>"
20:30:14 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "woah dam i saw that before it happened"
20:30:16 "Death<39><Spectator>" say "what the hell is he doing to u guys"
20:30:24 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "I C HIM"
20:30:29 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "HES IN THE ELEVATER AREAR"
20:30:32 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "*AREA"
20:30:43 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "ON THE BOXES"
20:30:58 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "ok now i lost him"
20:31:02 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>"
20:31:03 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "WAIT THERE HE IS"
20:31:07 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>" say "lol"
20:31:08 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" say "camper"
20:31:10 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" say ":D"
20:31:16 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "ok lost him ahain"
20:31:19 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "*again"
20:32:08 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" killed "§hà ttÄ blà §ta<25><IRIS>"
20:32:10 "Master_Cylinder<5><Hidden>" joined team "IRIS"
20:32:10 "Death<39><Spectator>" joined team "IRIS"
20:32:10 "Aft3rmath<32><IRIS>" joined team "Hidden"
20:32:20 "Aft3rmath<32><Hidden>" joined team "IRIS"
20:32:20 "Aft3rmath<32><IRIS>" joined team "Hidden"
20:33:07 "Console<0><Console>" say "This is a NO camping server!"
20:33:17 "The Japan Man<28><IRIS>" say "lol"
20:33:36 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>" killed "Master_Cylinder<5><IRIS>"
20:33:36 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>" committed suicide with "player"
20:33:39 "Sonic<41><STEAM_0:0:2629182><IRIS>" disconnected (reason "Disconnect by user.")
20:33:45 "Master_Cylinder<5><IRIS>" say "retard"

Basically, I caught a bunch of players, including Sonic, camping and warned them. Sonic (can't be ours) must have thought it was automated or just didn't care about an admin being around and when I warned him about camping, over the mic, he TK'd me, suicided and then quit. It was just one TK but I reported him for being an ass, the TK/quit is just proof of that. I do have SS's to back up the log, of course. :D

These kids today...

edit°
23rd April 2006, 11:49
Why do you moan about campers when you killed them? :rolleyes: :p

Sonic Valley
23rd April 2006, 15:11
Ok, well that def wasn't me. I played B3 last night for about 30 minutes with a couple of Mod Nation dudes and that was the first time I've played The Hidden in a few weeks. I do always go by my nick Sonic but as part of the dev team...I try not to be an ass.

I used to camp when I first started playing till I learned the ways of the Iris Jedi.

M_C
23rd April 2006, 17:35
Whomever it is, they're on these forums, I've matched the ADSL, asm.bellsouth.net, IP address to the forums via webserver logs.

Oddly enough, forum "Sonic" posted in my Easter thread 2 minutes after the in-game Sonic viewed the Easter picture, according to the logs.
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=56202&postcount=15

I believe it IS Sonic, the logs back it up and the silence is deafening. I know porchy can look in the DC logs and verify the STEAMID but I'm pretty sure it's him. BUSTED! ;)

This brings up an interesting debate. We (some admins) ban for assholes acting up in-game, do forum members get special treatment? Maybe I should track "Sonic" down on various servers and TK him a few times for camping like the bitch he is since it doesn't appear that members get punished for being a dickhead, in game. :eek:

edit°
23rd April 2006, 17:45
When has a forum member ever been given special treatment with regards to being banned? :confused:

M_C
23rd April 2006, 18:09
I guess I might as well post one of my screenshots, as backup.

http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/sonic-the-ass_03.jpg

As you can see, I was just going to blind him but since he wanted to be an ass, he's banned. ;)

EmeralDragon
23rd April 2006, 19:00
Whomever it is, they're on these forums, I've matched the ADSL, asm.bellsouth.net, IP address to the forums via webserver logs.

Oddly enough, forum "Sonic" posted in my Easter thread 2 minutes after the in-game Sonic viewed the Easter picture, according to the logs.
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=56202&postcount=15

I believe it IS Sonic, the logs back it up and the silence is deafening. I know porchy can look in the DC logs and verify the STEAMID but I'm pretty sure it's him. BUSTED! ;)

This brings up an interesting debate. We (some admins) ban for assholes acting up in-game, do forum members get special treatment? Maybe I should track "Sonic" down on various servers and TK him a few times for camping like the bitch he is since it doesn't appear that members get punished for being a dickhead, in game. :eek:

Whoa...pwnt.

j/k

Sorry, had to nudge ya abit Sonic. :D

Faron
23rd April 2006, 19:04
This is funny...just ban the ID, then you'll see if it was "the" Sonic or just "a" Sonic.

M_C
23rd April 2006, 19:12
This is funny...just ban the ID, then you'll see if it was "the" Sonic or just "a" Sonic.
The STEAMID *is* banned but that's not going to tell us anything. ;)

Night Raider
23rd April 2006, 19:17
So wait, he camped, TKed once, and suicided. Is that enough to ban someone? It give him a warning, possibly boot him off. But a ban does seem too harsh.

edit°
23rd April 2006, 19:26
A single deliberate tk will get you banned from ours as well. Why give someone a chance in that situation?

Payback
23rd April 2006, 19:31
Ok, well that def wasn't me. I played B3 last night for about 30 minutes with a couple of Mod Nation dudes and that was the first time I've played The Hidden in a few weeks. I do always go by my nick Sonic but as part of the dev team...I try not to be an ass.

I used to camp when I first started playing till I learned the ways of the Iris Jedi.

The problem is there's a forum member who has the exact name of Sonic. Nothing against Sonic, the name just should have been blocked.

Masterpod
23rd April 2006, 19:35
So wait, he camped, TKed once, and suicided. Is that enough to ban someone? It give him a warning, possibly boot him off. But a ban does seem too harsh.

The fact that he disconnected after teamkilling that guy means he knew that what he was doing was wrong. Enough for a ban in -my- book. But hey, I'm not a server admin :D

M_C
23rd April 2006, 19:41
The problem is there's a forum member who has the exact name of Sonic. Nothing against Sonic, the name just should have been blocked.
Not ONLY that, but "Sonic" is one of the worthless sacks of crap in my ignore list...and he knows it.

The fact of the matter is, he was being an ass. He was warned by Console and he ignored it like an ass, he was killed by me and I taunted his corpse for camping, he was warned AGAIN by Console which he again ignored like an ass, I warned him AGAIN via mic, he intentionally tk's me, he suicides, and quits to prevent getting bitch slapped like the worthless pile of crap that he is. I was JUST going to mani-blind him for the one TK but he had to be an ass and ignore the admins repeated warnings, and the quit too. BTW, AFAIK, he's the first ignored POS that I've had to ban. ;)

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 19:44
One tk is not enough to get banned, and if you do ban them, that's sad.

But, i'm not you, and if you want to be an angry admin, go ahead. Even when I was admin-ing in the Imperium servers, i'd kill or blind people for camping and what not, but i would never ban them. But, it IS M_C, so I shouldn't be surprised.

M_C
23rd April 2006, 19:48
I guess it's time for the ignored troll parade since Sonic is one of them... :rolleyes:

edit°
23rd April 2006, 19:50
Clearly ignored since you read everything thats said :p

I think you're wrong though kitty. If someone TKs deliberately, it doesn't matter that they've only done it once. They know its wrong and they've done it, that makes them an ejit. If anyone TKs deliberately on smokeys they're gone instantly, unless they're with their friends messing around - in which case the autoban tends to get to them before my warning about it lands, haha. :p

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 19:51
I still don't see where you get off insulting the person in the thread title either. I'm guessing you thought he hurt your ego too much and had to insult him right off the bat.

You need to be more professional about things instead of acting like a 3rd grader calling everyone that has a slightly different view about things some random childish name. You're older than me, I know that, yet you still act like you're fifteen.

Hurry up and ignore me, or keep me ignored, or re-ignore me, i could care less. :p

Either way, you could have just temp banned him instead of out-right banning him. Not to mention you were whining about camping, which just means you have a challenge.

I don't blame sonic for tking master cylinder, he's as annoying as having a 2 year old kid high on sugar and running around with toys that are loud as ****. Either way, i just think it's M_C's ego getting in the way

Sonic Valley
23rd April 2006, 19:52
Damn this is gay, This is one of the only forums where's there's more than one sonic and this is the only place I can't be...and prolly now don't mind it. I'm gonna go as sonicvalley on here from now on...lol. Too confusing.

M_C
23rd April 2006, 19:56
This is one of the only forums where's there's more than one sonic and this is the only place I can't be...and prolly now don't mind it. I'm gonna go as sonicvalley on here from now on...lol. Too confusing.
It is a pretty comon name, I'd guess. You might want to play hidden as sonicvalley too, you wouldn't want to be confused for an ass. Oh wait, I remember your vote, not that long ago too. nm. ;)

Isolation
23rd April 2006, 19:58
Don't care who it was. One less TK'er, the better.

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 20:00
I should see how fast i can get banned from all the servers by just tking once in each server. ^_~

Sonic Valley
23rd April 2006, 20:00
It is a pretty comon name, I'd guess. You might want to play hidden as sonicvalley too, you wouldn't want to be confused for an ass. Oh wait, I remember your vote, not that long ago too. nm. ;)

Don't worry, you won't find me playing your server :rolleyes:

edit°
23rd April 2006, 20:01
I should see how fast i can get banned from all the servers by just tking once in each server. ^_~

Pretty fast. I'd ban you in a second for it.

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 20:01
M_C just reminds me of the Barbarians whirlwind attack in Diablo 2... just swinging at everything that gets near him...

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 20:03
Pretty fast. I'd ban you in a second for it.

Well, i already know you get peeved off from me, or atleast hostile. And you can't really ban me in a second unless you have it bound specifically for me. Plus isn't your server over-seas and with a ping limiter... or is that another server...

M_C
23rd April 2006, 20:04
Don't care who it was. One less TK'er, the better.
To me it's not a matter of JUST the *intentional* TK, it's that he was intentionally being a dickhead. I knew I was right to ignore him and if a few ignored trolls want to bitch and moan about "one of their kind" getting banned, oh well. ;)

edit°
23rd April 2006, 20:06
Yeah those would be the ones I'm helping with. I don't have any hostility towarsd you either, just like I said in the game where you came in. All in your head ;)

I do however think you're making a tit out of yourself by openly advocating TKing just because M_C says hes against it.

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 20:06
I should just leave the forums if M_C is going to stay around here, never leaving, popping up just to ruin your day, kind of like herpes.

Kitty_Loaf
23rd April 2006, 20:07
I do however think you're making a tit out of yourself by openly advocating TKing just because M_C says hes against it.

Oh no no, it's the fact that it was just one, Sonic could have been an ass and just opened up on everyone.

A temp ban is good for what sonic did, not a full blown perm ban. I don't like Tkers, i don't go crazy if one Tk's me on purpose though

If they keep on doing it, that's different.

Demented
23rd April 2006, 20:35

M_C is all for the TKing of Campers, though.

Mef, I'd only ban him if he did it to the admin, which Sonic did. Player vs. player rivalries aren't a big deal from a server's point of view, or at least any server I'd admin, so long as their actions don't disrupt the entire game. However, if someone doesn't like the principles on the server, or the admin, he shouldn't play there anyway. A ban's just encouragement to do the right thing. That's my approach to playing on servers, anyway.

It's not the quantity, it's the principle.

As for Kitty_Loaf, I wouldn't ban you.
I would just kick you every time I saw you, if there was a hypothetical server I adminned, until you apologized profusely on the forums. Rawr!

M_C
23rd April 2006, 20:42
M_C is all for the TKing of Campers, though.

Mef, I'd only ban him if he did it to the admin, which Sonic did.

As for Kitty_Loaf, I wouldn't ban you.
I would just kick you every time I saw you, if there was a hypothetical server I adminned, until you apologized profusely on the forums. Rawr!
I am all for it, in principle. However, as you can see by the SS, I repeatedly warned campers instead of TK'ing them or even kicking them.

Again, the SS shows that I was prepared to jut use mani to punish him but then he quit to avoid it, like the ass he is. Further review of the whole incident does warrant a ban, IMHO, which is what he got.

I have no idea wtf kitty had to say, nor do I care, but if kitty can't follow the rules, he'll get the same thing. End of story.

edit°
23rd April 2006, 20:44
More of the *lalalallalalalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU lalalalalalaa* there, gg :p

Its astonishing.

MiasmicAnomie
23rd April 2006, 21:06
This thread is going nowhere. Ban him if you think it's bannable, don't if not.