PDA

View Full Version : Hidden problem: I can't find any solutions.

Podge
19th April 2006, 17:37
Hey,

I'm posting because I get problems whilst holding things as the hidden.
As soon as I pick an object up, two seconds after I listed it my screen freezes. I can hear myself moving about but I can't un-freeze my screen until I drop the object i'm holding (Irritating when i'm trying to attach a body to a ceiling :D ) If anybody's got any solutions, help me out please.
P.S I'm using an ati radeon X1600 with 1mb RAM, Although I don't see how this could be a problem :confused:

edit°
19th April 2006, 17:38
You get the wierdest bug ever award :/ I've not heard of that one.

Night Raider
19th April 2006, 17:39
1mb RAM? That might be the problem ;)

M_C
19th April 2006, 17:54
I assume that you're using up to date drivers, if not, upgrade them. You'll also want to "verify integrity of game cashe" for HL2 in STEAM. The other thing that I would try is re-downloading the full b2a client and re-installing the hidden.

Be sure to back up your configs and screenshots, if you want to save them. ;)

Good luck...

Demented
19th April 2006, 18:29
Your CPU is clearly so traumatized by what you're doing in game that it forgets to tell your vid card to continue rendering the scene.

Podge
19th April 2006, 19:28
Hah. I'll try reinstalling the hidden.
Hm I wish I could edit that post :P I meant 1gb* of RAM :) I'll let you know how it turns out. If it doesn't work i'll come back.

Podge
19th April 2006, 20:20
Ok, I reinstalled and all seems to be working, apart from the red pain flash at the beginning of the hidden tutorial :P But that's a more common error isn't it? Anyway, thanks for the help

edit°
19th April 2006, 21:03
Glad you got it sorted and welcome aboard :)

M_C
19th April 2006, 21:06
No problem, kill you later!

;)