PDA

View Full Version : Admitted Exploiter

EmeralDragon
18th April 2006, 03:56
This guy seemed REALLY keen on picking me out no matter where I was in a room. If I was in anyway within his FOV, he'd light me up like a christmas tree.

I was suspicious, but he was also a pretty decent hidden, so I wasn't completely sure.

I made a demo, but I'm not sure what it confirms, as I have yet to view it (I'm completely new to using demo's, I'm still unsure how to view it now, lol).

I did take a screenshot after I got him to admit that he could see the hidden better than most due to "graphic card settings that make him more visible".

I asked him if he had a white or black hidden, he said no, just "bright" and easy to see.

Judge for yourselves:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/EmeralDragon/RavagersTC-cheater.jpg

EDIT: I tried editing the file, but all I have is MS paint. I can't seem to edit it to be smaller (currently alittle over 2mb) so photobucket is resizing it to a tiny image.

I can .rar it and send it to admins that request it, or send it to someone that can properly resize it to be small enough to host. Sorry.

Marv
18th April 2006, 03:59
Congratulations, we cant see the screenshot because its so small.
And hell, I've got a 7900 and I can spot the Hidden easily enough, then again, I've been doing it since the beginning.
Unless the guy admits to having a white/black hidden cheat, or whatever, you cant just go in guns blazing shouting "hax". Besides, unless he was a complete moron, I doubt he'd inadvertantly say he was cheating.

More likely he has a decent graphics card and can see the hidden pretty well, and/or has good eyesight.

EmeralDragon
18th April 2006, 04:03
Congratulations, we cant see the screenshot because its so small.
And hell, I've got a 7900 and I can spot the Hidden easily enough, then again, I've been doing it since the beginning.
Unless the guy admits to having a white/black hidden cheat, or whatever, you cant just go in guns blazing shouting "hax". Besides, unless he was a complete moron, I doubt he'd inadvertantly say he was cheating.

More likely he has a decent graphics card and can see the hidden pretty well, and/or has good eyesight.

Sorry, my edit happened just a few seconds after your post.

And yes, he did admit that he can see the hidden and the hidden "can't hide" from him because of his graphics card settings.

That coupled with the amazing ability of him being able to shoot me out of the air with a pistol time and time again, and seeing me the moment he entered a room regardless of what spot I might be in (surely you must agree that some areas in certain maps make it all but impossible to see the hidden standing still without firing to see if you notice blood) convinced me.

Like I said, judge for yourself. I will try to get the demo avaliable after I view it to see if it's worthwhile.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not new to this mod. I've been playing since d*mn near the first day of the first release. I consider myself a pretty decent player, and I'm able to pick the hidden out very well since I have every graphics option cranked up full, and I sit about 3 inches away from a 21" monitor, lol. And I'm pretty good at being exceptionally sneaky, hiding in places most don't think to look, and I'm certain it's incredibly hard to spot me with someone playing legit.

Again, he *may* just have the best reflexes and eyesight ever known to man, and some form of ESP in knowing what spot I'm hiding in.

Then again, he admits to being able to see the hidden better than normal players, and his playing supports that.

Pan the Goat God
18th April 2006, 04:30
Theres that one bug I remember being mentioned, where the hidden would be shiny and lit up in the dark, it could probably be something around the lines of that.

Either that, or what marv said. I just doubt that a person who would say they can see the Hidden better because of their settings would be seeing a regular ol hidden.

Demented
18th April 2006, 05:36
You can host the image on imageshack, though screenshots make poor proof without additional stuff.
The demo is preferred.

You can play a demo by typing "playdemo (demo's name)" in the console. There's also a "demoui" command that'll bring up a handy little... uh... thingamajig... if you need to rewind or fast forward through the demo.

EmeralDragon
18th April 2006, 15:40
Ok, until I get this demo thing to work correctly so I have more appropriate proof, I'm going to request Ging to delete this post.

Sorry for the hassle.

MiasmicAnomie
18th April 2006, 15:52
You haven't actually revealed a steam ID, or a name. I'll just close it, since this thread effectively boils down to 'This anonymous guy I saw'. If Ging wants to delete then he'll delete.

(this is me, being all shy about exercising power)