PDA

View Full Version : Various abusive users, etc... 4/17/06

M_C
18th April 2006, 01:47
First there's the 14 yr old with white hidden.
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/STEAM_0_0-8700538.jpg
# 7 "L337BlueThunder" STEAM_0:0:8700538

Then there was the racists fighting.
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/racist_bastards_02.jpg
# 16 "1337 Dr. Giggles" STEAM_0:1:2370367
# 17 "Ice<superbeast>" STEAM_0:1:5125521
# 17 "Yes masa my name is kunta kinta" STEAM_0:1:5125521 (same guy new name, just before he got banned)

Finally we had the homophobe that expects more from a free server than he got.
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/homophobecola.jpg
# 27 "Mr.Cola" STEAM_0:1:4139283

:(

Rascal999
18th April 2006, 01:56
I thought you needed solid evidence (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3796&page=1&pp=10) or your accusations would be 'inconclusive'.

EDIT: Forgot dotty '.'

M_C
18th April 2006, 02:05
I thought you needed solid evidence (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3796&page=1&pp=10) or your accusations would be 'inconclusive'.

Are you suggesting the SS's are forged? This isn't tk'ing, this is an admission of WHS and some assholes. SS's are plenty solid when text is involved. :D

starstriker1
18th April 2006, 02:09
Technically, it could be faked, whereas a demo would be nigh impossible to fake.

Still, yeah, the evidence looks legit to me.

M_C
18th April 2006, 02:13
Technically, it could be faked, whereas a demo would be nigh impossible to fake.

Still, yeah, the evidence looks legit to me.
I try to include part of the console side or bottom when I crop these for size. That makes it much harder to fake, imo. I guess somebody really good with PS could do it but I'm lucky to crop/resize and brighten/contrast them. I can make sprays OK, sometimes. ;)

Rascal999
18th April 2006, 02:18
Are you suggesting the SS's are forged?
Naaa never, just worth pointing out that since screenshots are easier to fake than demos this thread and its contents will remain 'inconclusive'.

M_C
18th April 2006, 02:22
That they might be easier to fake than demos doesn't make them less conclusive in cases where it's what they *say* not what they *do*. ;)

Nice try though... :D

Demented
18th April 2006, 02:29
Finally we had the homophobe that expects more from a free server than he got.
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/homophobecola.jpg
# 27 "Mr.Cola" STEAM_0:1:4139283

:(

I chuckled.

Question is, was it really laggy? XD

M_C
18th April 2006, 02:36
I chuckled.

Question is, was it really laggy? XD
You bet! Server and BW upgrades this week but, still, if you don't like free servers you quit and find another, not bitch and moan because the upgrade isn't here yet. ;)

ThunderDan
19th April 2006, 03:39
The only problem with the way you posted this is the steam ID's aren't in the second to SSs, they could be anyone's steam id's.

Please get the the Steam id's in the screen shots next time.

M_C
19th April 2006, 04:11
If your only doubt is if the steamID matches the name, I can live with that, the proof of what they did is solid. I think other admins can check their logs and they'll see the same names with the same ID's but I do get your point. However, when idiots spew crap and then quit you can't always get the status *before* they quit. YMMV. :D

edit°
19th April 2006, 10:19
HLSW gets the steamID without status, use that.

Merciless
20th April 2006, 14:54
yeah, heres you inconclusive evidence. you cut the screenshots up, blanked parts out.

the white hidden see'er shouldnt be banned... its not like he was showing off about it. what if hes gonna upgrade his card for the game and now he cant play because hes banned from all the servers?

as for the racists, ban them straight out.

and mr cola.... sorry about this, but he doesnt deserve a server ban for that. not imo anyway.

Gusdor
20th April 2006, 15:41
the white hidden see'er shouldnt be banned... its not like he was showing off about it. what if hes gonna upgrade his card for the game and now he cant play because hes banned from all the servers?

Then he comes on here and says "please unban me, i had no idea why i was banned". If he makes an effort, unban him, simple.

M_C
20th April 2006, 16:44
If he thinks many admins are going to let him get away with WHS/BHS because he has an old card and claims he cant afford another, he's going to be surprised. That's no excuse for exploiting. If he hadn't known it was supposed to be black/white, I might have suggested drivers and tweaks but he knew it was his card and he thought that means he gets to cheat. It doesn't. *shrug*

RaideR
20th April 2006, 19:13
Ging / Boxy personaly i think you should ban posting about TKers, Cheaters and Hackers on here, it spamms up the board as well as start arguements between people for very little reason.

Admins wishing to club together should do it on there own, not useing and offical board to post your rantings about all your hackers and the like.

As boring as hackers, and abusive players are, they are getting the a mention here so they are probably a little proud of them selfs now, just ignor them ffs ban them on your own server (the one you have admin too) and thats it!

Christ! You would think it was not this big a deal!

M_C
20th April 2006, 19:24
Ging / Boxy personaly i think you should ban posting about TKers, Cheaters and Hackers on here, it spamms up the board as well as start arguements between people for very little reason.

Admins wishing to club together should do it on there own, not useing and offical board to post your rantings about all your hackers and the like.

As boring as hackers, and abusive players are, they are getting the a mention here so they are probably a little proud of them selfs now, just ignor them ffs ban them on your own server (the one you have admin too) and thats it!

Christ! You would think it was not this big a deal!
There's nothing wrong with using the official forums to report cheaters, etc as long as accusations come with proof. The problems only arise when idiots think they're above the rules and make accusations without proof, as required.

There's nothing stopping people from using PM to make claims WITHOUT proof now so as long as the big ego's refrain from making public accusations, without proof, there'll be less problems. The only problem left, is people posting inconclusive proof, which we deal with by replying.

Can't we all get along? No, we can't, that's life. ;)

Rascal999
20th April 2006, 19:28
There should be a section dedicated (or at least one thread) to just this topic as 30 odd threads have been made based around the subject.

M_C
20th April 2006, 19:33
There was a thread but the abusers got it locked by pissing all over Ging's rule. That's my point. ;)

Rascal999
20th April 2006, 19:40
Appreciation to appropiate naming of the thread, but it must be said, somethings got to be done to 'dilute' the number of threads and the content.

M_C
20th April 2006, 19:48
The number is only going to go up. B3 will cause a growth-spurt and with that will be a ban-spurt. It's inevitable. :(

Demented
20th April 2006, 21:00
I'm sure this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3597) has nothing to do with the sudden surge of cheaters in mods.

M_C
21st April 2006, 00:26
I'm sure this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3597) has nothing to do with the sudden surge of cheaters in mods.
Ooooooooooo k, then why mention it? ;)

Demented
21st April 2006, 00:51
Give me one good reason why you don't deserve to be seriously mocked right now.

M_C
21st April 2006, 01:02
Give me one good reason why you don't deserve to be seriously mocked right now.
Because *YOU* brought up my VAC thread, saying that it was *not* why? I mean, seriously, ice cream isn't why there's a surge in cheater reports either but we don't need a list. :D

Demented
21st April 2006, 01:21
My post can be explained by something really simple. Irony (http://www.answers.com/irony&r=67).

The reasoning behind it is even more simple.

A. VAC has been disabled for mods in servers that have updated. Or at least that's how it appears.
B. Hackers try to avoid VAC.
C. More hackers in mods.
A + B = C

That's why there's more hacking as of late.
It's not just Hidden:Source.

Payback
21st April 2006, 01:45
My post can be explained by something really simple. Irony (http://www.answers.com/irony&r=67).

The reasoning behind it is even more simple.

A. VAC has been disabled for mods in servers that have updated. Or at least that's how it appears.
B. Hackers try to avoid VAC.
C. More hackers in mods.
A + B = C

It's not just Hidden:Source.

NON-VAC servers are also the only place "caught" hackers can play anymore.

M_C
21st April 2006, 03:04
My post can be explained by something really simple. Irony.

I think the word you were looking for was "sarcasm" not irony because as you admit below it IS a reason we've seen more. Your first post said it was not. Pick one, Mr. Sarcasm. [/MOCK] :D

NON-VAC servers are also the only place "caught" hackers can play anymore.
You'd think the ones that don't secure would be flocking to the fixes. *shrug*

Demented
21st April 2006, 05:54
I was referring to my first reply. My first reply being the one that mentioned your thread--about VAC no longer being viable on updated mod servers--in the midst of comments about an upsurge of cheating. My first reply being the one that didn't seem to follow plain jane ordinary logic. My first reply being the one that was ironic.

Is there anything else that needs to be spelled out?

@Payback
True. Yet I doubt we already had an existing community of hackers who were playing the games on VAC-disabled servers until late, when they've started spilling over onto servers used to be, but no longer are, VAC-enabled. Though I suppose there could be hackers who, having heard about it, started migrating to mods. That's a rather interesting way of getting new players.

M_C
21st April 2006, 17:13
I was referring to my first reply.
Is there anything else that needs to be spelled out?
So was I so now I'm completely confused...

Either way it's fixable now so once the admins get a clue and secure their servers that's less servers for some cheaters to play on. Wether or not VAC actually catches many or not, I don't know nor do I care. Every one it *does* catch, is one less on my server now. ;)