PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Global Ban List

Ang3lu5
15th April 2006, 11:42
I think creating a new thread is better than continue posting in this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3725) one to maintain the overview.

You can view the latest version at www.ultima-net.org

- Design 0% done (if someone has some banner or other graphics i could use i would be happy :) )
- News System 0% done
- Member List 0% done
- Server List 0% done
- Config Generator / Banned ID's list 70% done
- Login 10% done
- Proof System 20% done
- Adding / Editing / Deleting ID's 0% done

If you find bugs at the current version at www.ultima-net.org please post it in this thread. If you have suggestions please post it here too.

M_C
15th April 2006, 18:48
You are adding much more sorting options, right? Maybe radio buttons or check boxes might be better too.

Ang3lu5
15th April 2006, 20:24
You are adding much more sorting options, right? Maybe radio buttons or check boxes might be better too.

what other sorting options are you thinking about?
and about radio button / check boxes i/we have to test which method is the best to handle the filtering

M_C
15th April 2006, 20:35
We need different options to sort "language" for example. Some admins might want the racist, homophobic stuff but not care about swearing. With Cheats you need options because some of us consider bunnyhopping a cheat and others don't. Also scripts could then be rolled into a sub of cheats.
With check boxes or radio buttons you can just pick and choose a miriad of otions, like camping. Other options we've discussed is the ability to customize output based on vote ratio and limiting output to a minum standard. I suggest 51% minimum.
For example I might want all options except swearing witha vote ratio of 100% and others might only want tk's with 51% votes.

Ang3lu5
15th April 2006, 23:31
the ability to filter by vote ratio is a feature that will be implemented later because i see it as a kind of update to the basic system but it is on my todo-list.
i think i should chat (via irc?) to all interested admins an we should complie a list of violation types all together. i hope other admins will post here soon

M_C
15th April 2006, 23:33
Too much effort getting admins together at one time...this will do. I started the list above, add what makes sense. ;)

edit°
16th April 2006, 00:26
This isn't meant to offend you mate but the whole thing sounds like a really long winded way of doing it.

Ban morons/don't ban normal folk

Ang3lu5
16th April 2006, 08:22
we just have to start somewhere. maybe with 2-3 server/admins to get this system to a working level after that we could overthink some functions and test it with more admins/server

Merciless
16th April 2006, 10:31
i think its a good/efficient idea. i was about to create a list the other day, cheaters with proof/without proof, scripters, abusers, tk'ers all in a post and keep updating it. i do think a whole website based on hidden is a bit too much however, seeing as the number of players/servers is small at the moment, altho, if thats what you wish to spend your time on, its cool with me and im sure its cool with the rest of the community ^_^

Ang3lu5
16th April 2006, 13:36
if thats what you wish to spend your time on
i see it as some kind of challenge and because i have to rewrite my own page as well it is nothing big to script from time to time for another project