PDA

View Full Version : Speed Hack Demo included.

B.Diamonds
11th April 2006, 06:06
Tonight at 1230 am cst I was playing on the Blind monk server and there were two guys that I strongly feel were using some sort of speed hack. TPI was the tag.

The demo: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=74698

I did not get the status report till after one of them left. My buddy also said that they could see the hidden extremely well. Please view the demo before any questions.

hutch
11th April 2006, 06:25
i have seen the tpi prefix on alot of hackers/tkers
what is it?

MiasmicAnomie
11th April 2006, 06:54
Hi.

I looked at the demo. Are there particular frames you want me to look at?

I see him moving faster than you at the end there. However, he's hopping - he might be bunnyhopping, which isn't actually a speedhack (although people get annoyed with it enough that some counter-strike, half-life, etc. servers state not to do it).

Did Valve did something to make bunnyhopping completely impossible and I missed it?

M_C
11th April 2006, 07:06
He is indeed bunnyhopping/gliding which may or may not be treated as a speedhack depending on the admin. I'm one that calls it a cheat. The IRIS should not be able to bunnyhop faster than a hidden can pounce, it's just wrong. Additionally, frenquenZ uses at least 2 steamID's because I've caught him doing the same trick on other servers.

I wont post his other ID, here, because I lost the demo that had it but it's the same guy doing the same bunnyhop/glide moves. If any other admins want it they can PM me.

EDIT: Valve nerfed bunnyhop but they couldn't remove it because it would have broken the engine...from what I heard anyway. :(

Faron
11th April 2006, 09:46
If gliding means running against the wall wich makes you go 1.5X faster...whats wrong with that..I do it all the time.

Ging
11th April 2006, 10:19
If gliding means running against the wall wich makes you go 1.5X faster...whats wrong with that..I do it all the time.

It's an exploit - which is why you can no longer do it in b3...

edit°
11th April 2006, 11:06
If you mash left and right really quickly it does the same thing, is that gliding?

Chas0r
11th April 2006, 16:57
Well, I just wonder why gliding is still possible. I remember it from good old CS times, more than 5 years ago. Source was completly rewritten (wasn't it ?) and VAVLE still implements the same bug in their code? When I realisied it worked on HL2 as well I first thought it was done by purpose.
Anyway, VALVE didn't fixed it for years and you guys just found a way to disable it.. Nice one :)

Faron
11th April 2006, 17:56
Its disabled in CSS since the first time I tried. (but that would only be a bit more than a year ago)

Ging
11th April 2006, 18:41
Source was completly rewritten (wasn't it ?)

*giggles* If they re-wrote it, they did so with a magical copy / paste pen - there are comments from the HL1 SDK littered throughout the Source SDK.

Isolation
11th April 2006, 18:49
*giggles* If they re-wrote it, they did so with a magical copy / paste pen - there are comments from the HL1 SDK littered throughout the Source SDK.

*Does the LOL, Lazy VALVe dance*

As long as HL2 took, they re-used ancient code? Funny. I thought the whole point of Source was to be this amazing new engine to run games for centuries (or at least a few years).

MiasmicAnomie
11th April 2006, 18:55
I thought the whole point of Source was to be this amazing new engine to run games for centuries (or at least a few years).

Well, it's not really bad, per se, to build the new engine by adding capabilities to the old engine. If the old engine is clean and well designed, it's actually a good idea. I'm not sure how clean I'd expect the HL engine to be, though, given certain things I've found in the HL2 SDK. On the other hand, I downloaded the GPL quake II source the other day, and that code is pretty clean, from the bits I looked at.

(although, i think, technically the hl engine was a quake engine with a couple of fixes backported from quake II)

There's probably a parallel to the second law of thermodynamics that applies to source code here somewhere.

B.Diamonds
11th April 2006, 19:08
Just wanted to see if I was correct in the post, The reason I said watch the demo first is because I wanted you to see it before you jumped to any conclusions. I agree with M_C that if it is an exploit it is warrented as a cheat therefor if you see fit ban them, if not it is your server.

M_C
11th April 2006, 19:32
Gliding is like bunnyhopping but with a different combination of moves to produce the same effect. What you describe is called "wallstrafing" and that I wouldn't consider a cheat nor do I know anyone that does.