PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dedicated server

TheMorris
11th April 2006, 00:23
I can make the server just fine and dandy, its actually made right now. The problem is that it seems only I can join the server, and the only way I can find it is by adding the IP to my favorite servers, not on the server list, anyone else have had this problem and was able to fix it, cause I want my own server!

Just stopped the server cause no one could connect, but I still would like help with the problem I have.

Isolation
11th April 2006, 00:28
Tried. Failed after 4 retries.

TheMorris
11th April 2006, 00:29
Well now we know there is definately a problem.

Cyborg
11th April 2006, 00:34
does it have a "heartbeat" on the steam network?

TheMorris
11th April 2006, 00:36
I am completely new at this, I read the dedicated server sticky, and did what it said, and I have a server up that I can play, but no one else can.

And I don't have any idea what you mean Cyborg.

RaideR
11th April 2006, 01:45
you playing and running the serve ron the same box? cause that tends to lock up some ports :P

TheMorris
11th April 2006, 01:52
Ok, I will try running it off another comp. this weekend, just gotta get the time, considering the weekday isn't the best time for me, thanks Raider.

RaideR
11th April 2006, 01:58
yeah there is a little loop hool that screws with your ports, if YOU allways connect to 127.0.0.1:27015 your external clients should be fine :) its to do with windows getting confused or something, all i know is i have same prob when i started out