PDA

View Full Version : Gettin started problems

ready2die
10th April 2006, 16:48
I have CS:S and DOD:S(ya know that package) and I was wondering if I can run hidden off of that, Ive tried and it doesnt seem to work, I installed into into steamapps/myusername along with cstrike n dod but it aint working.

Help?

Night Raider
10th April 2006, 16:53
Do you have HL2:DM? If so, there is a way to make it work with that.

Payback
10th April 2006, 16:55
Do you have HL2:DM? If so, there is a way to make it work with that.

^^ What he said. Install it into your

steam/yourusername/HL2 deathmatch/

directory. it'll make a subdirectory called hidden inside of it.

then, load up steam and right-click HL2 DM > Create Desktop Shortcut

Do a properties of the shortcut. Under 'Target' add

-game hidden

Run that shortcut and it should load Hidden.

ready2die
10th April 2006, 19:18
So do you mean add the -game hidden to the end or take out whats already in that box? im installing HL2 DM but do I have to have it fully updated before I can play Hidden?

Payback
10th April 2006, 19:43
So do you mean add the -game hidden to the end or take out whats already in that box? im installing HL2 DM but do I have to have it fully updated before I can play Hidden?

To the end. If it doesn't work, then wait for it to be fully updated.

ready2die
10th April 2006, 19:44
What should the directory before -game hidden say? Cause mine goes to the Steam.exe and I;unno if thats right. Its all done updating n ****, Im just trying to figure out how to get it running.

ready2die
10th April 2006, 19:48
Well, got ti working, thanks alot.

Payback
10th April 2006, 19:49
If you never play HL2 DM, there's an even easier way. Just right-click it in Steam itself and goto Advanced. Add the
-game hidden

and it'll work whenever you click LAUNCH on the Steam thing.

Otherwise, the Shortcut is supposed to point at hl2.exe in the HL2 DM directory IIRC.

shen10
1st August 2006, 05:16
I dont know what the "advanced thing is all about, i dont have that as an option. I tried the first way, as well as another way involving creating a shortcut to steam with a bunch of tags that i dont really understand. anyway both ways gave me the error message: hl2.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program ... An error log is being created.... *ok box*.

I tried "restarting the program", obviously, and it didnt do a damn thing except, again obviously, give me the same ****ing error message. OMGWTFBBQ what does it take to get this game running ><