PDA

View Full Version : Possible BHSer

starstriker1
4th April 2006, 22:12
I've got two demos of someone I strongly suspect has BHS on Deadclan servers. They both show some uncannily accurate bursts in midair and an ability to track the hidden that strongly suggests foul play.

I don't remember the name that well, but it started with p. Pekebar or something like that...

I was playing around 4:00 MST on hdn_traindepot. I'm sending the demos to MiasmicAnomie. I hope that the steamid can be grabbed from the logs or the demos, since HL2 crashed before I could grab them from my console.

M_C
4th April 2006, 22:23
Are you only concerned with deadclan servers? If not, clicky me too. ;)

starstriker1
4th April 2006, 22:28
Got an email address I can send it to?

What server do you run, by the way?

M_C
4th April 2006, 22:57
Check your inbox... ;)

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 01:13
The steam ID is in your demo, Starstriker.

"Pokemar", other aliases include "Ham" and "Stealth".

This is a guy I've been watching for a while, I'd been unable to get a good demo of his unnatural ability to get midair kills.

Dark Soul
5th April 2006, 01:32
I told you Stealth was a BHSer.......

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 02:17
I told you Stealth was a BHSer.......

Aye, and what I said then was 'get demos'. :)

starstriker1
5th April 2006, 03:19
The steam ID is in your demo, Starstriker.

"Pokemar", other aliases include "Ham" and "Stealth".

This is a guy I've been watching for a while, I'd been unable to get a good demo of his unnatural ability to get midair kills.

Sweet, did I catch him for you? Or were my demo's not enough?

M_C
5th April 2006, 04:11
Or were my demo's not enough?
I don't know yet, I haven't seen them. Did you check your PM inbox? ;)

Ayrehead
5th April 2006, 05:55
I've played Stealth before, I wasn't sure if he had BHS, but he would hit me spot on with the shotgun, but other times he'd make extremely stupid mistakes....

So I couldn't figure him out

starstriker1
5th April 2006, 15:07
I'm of the opinion that he was just really good at hiding what he was doing. He apparently stopped coming on when Miasmic was in the server, for example.

In my first demo, he walks past me without any glaring signs of BHS... I was thinking for a moment that maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Then, of course, I jumped over his head, and just as I passed over him, he turned around to look RIGHT where I used to be. Then he spun around and filled my butt full of lead.

GIGAR
5th April 2006, 15:27
You can call me n00b, but what the heck does BHS means??? :o

Ayrehead
5th April 2006, 17:49
Black Hidden Syndrome

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 18:29
In my first demo, he walks past me without any glaring signs of BHS... I was thinking for a moment that maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Then, of course, I jumped over his head, and just as I passed over him, he turned around to look RIGHT where I used to be. Then he spun around and filled my butt full of lead.

Actually, if you watch the demo really close, he looks right at you and then goes into 'I'm pretending I didn't see him' mode.

starstriker1
5th April 2006, 19:07
Didn't catch that... I was more worried about pouncing the hell out of the way if he started his gun up!

M_C
5th April 2006, 19:26
Actually, if you watch the demo really close, he looks right at you and then goes into 'I'm pretending I didn't see him' mode.
I watched it in slow-mo and I didn't see that. What time was that?

QReaper
5th April 2006, 20:15
Black Hidden Syndrome

I said that on the Goblin army server once and a guy thought I was being racist. Apparently the guy who was doing these things was african-american. He attempted to votekick me but after I explained it to him he apologized and calmed down...never figured out whether he was BHS'ing or not but I don't think you can shoot someone all the way across the map on train yard when the hidden in question was clinging to a wall and not moving.

No proof of course which is why I'm giving no names.

Demented
5th April 2006, 20:37
If you saw him move there, you could, given how easy the hidden is to see moving at range. Of course, if the guy immediately walks up the stairs in trainyard, scans the horizon, and then starts shooting, that's cause for alarm.

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 20:41
I watched it in slow-mo and I didn't see that. What time was that?

sent you a PM

M_C
5th April 2006, 21:17
Yeah I watched at 2.4% speed (1 sec game = ~22 sec real time), I don't think he's looking up, I think he sweeps the train checking the car then the other side of the train as he prepares to check the dumpster. *shrug*

starstriker1
5th April 2006, 21:23
Technically, he wouldn't have to look up. I'd have been in his FOV the moment I spotted him, whether he shifted his view or not.

M_C
5th April 2006, 21:31
Technically, he wouldn't have to look up. I'd have been in his FOV the moment I spotted him, whether he shifted his view or not.
Tecnically, that's true, if you can see him he can see you but porchy suggested he looked directly up at you and that I don't see. He DID sweep your direction but that doesn't mean he saw you. He didn't fire a single shot until after you slashed him and, even then, it was after a delay for reaction time. I tend to shoot and check my six when slashed too. ;)

starstriker1
5th April 2006, 21:47
Certainly, the only thing that sequence shows is that he swings around to aim right where I had been. More important are the midair shots.

The second demo is better for that...

M_C
5th April 2006, 21:55
Certainly, the only thing that sequence shows is that he swings around to aim right where I had been. More important are the midair shots.

The second demo is better for that...
Once again he doesn't fire until after the guy with the shotgun spots you and you missed a slash and a pigstick. He only hits you, mid-air, with 5 out of 20-ish rounds, leaving you at 21. At the end you pounce right in front of him getting the last 2 hits needed to kill you. Sorry. :p