PDA

View Full Version : Speed Hacker

Ayrehead
4th April 2006, 21:21
Just encountered a speed hacker, he was probably using some sort of hack to see the hidden as well, on the Custom Killers server

I have a picture of his STEAM ID, and a demo of him hacking, as well as admitting to hacking, and having other accounts ( dumbass )

STEAM_0:0:10824677 03:20 43 0 active

PM me for the demo and/or screenshot

M_C
4th April 2006, 21:25
PM'ing...

EDIT: OK, I've seen the demo, I'm convinced, he's gone.

Thank you for your support...

B.Diamonds
4th April 2006, 23:20
Same here, I sent you A PM a little while ago.

Is there any way I could get a copy of that demo/SS. All the information you need is in the PM.

Thanks

B. Diamonds

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 00:38
This is the same guy -SM-SUCKER reported in the 'keep servers clean' thread.

Banned from the Graveyards as well.

Ayrehead
5th April 2006, 05:59
Heres a stupid question....

Since this jackass stated that he has other accounts, why wouldn't a server admin just ban his IP address ? Instead of just the steam account he is hackin with?

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 06:10
Heres a stupid question....

Since this jackass stated that he has other accounts, why wouldn't a server admin just ban his IP address ? Instead of just the steam account he is hackin with?

There's no guarantee that the guy has a static IP address. There's also no guarantee that where he's playing from isn't some 10-net network with NAT (e.g., maybe he's playing from some coffee-house wi-fi net).

So an IP ban might mean that someone who -isn't- cheating, but happens to show up as the same IP as the cheater, couldn't play.

Payback
5th April 2006, 06:18
There's no guarantee that the guy has a static IP address. There's also no guarantee that where he's playing from isn't some 10-net network with NAT (e.g., maybe he's playing from some coffee-house wi-fi net).

So an IP ban might mean that someone who -isn't- cheating, but happens to show up as the same IP as the cheater, couldn't play.

He could be on a dynamic IP, in which case it wouldn't hurt to ban the IP. The odds of someone else being randomly assigned that IP and then actually being a Hidden player are extremely remote I'm sure. Also, except for the gaming center possibility, the chances that someone else on the shared network wants to play Hidden is also not likely.

But I'm not the admin, so :D