PDA

View Full Version : Dear smokey...

Merciless
2nd April 2006, 21:58
hi there smokey,

idk if you read these forums but im just writing to you to ask if you could un-ban me from your great server, and put tk protection on.

here is my explanation.

i was playing very well as the hidden, and i managed to kill the hidden twice and reach the round limit without dying both times. people were calling me cheater/hacker bla bla bla the usual crap. I just ignored them, until of course the decided it was a good idea for all of them to tk me every round so that i didnt stand a chance of being the hidden. it was 3 rounds of them killing me before i started to get pissed off. i would have just left the server and joined another, but there was no other british servers running at the time. so the next time i spawned, i shot the people who were shooting at me, and all of a sudden, i got disconnected from the server and i can no longer get on it. i think its stupid how i got banned from the server because of this, and i hope you will find it in your heart to un-ban me from your wonderful server.

yours sincerly

bob the conducter. [/pissedoff]

Gusdor
2nd April 2006, 22:37
twice in 1 day we have had examples of mindless TKing becasue they were upset they were getting spanked

Faron
3rd April 2006, 09:21
Now that you got smokey's attention I have a problem on the Smokey's servers, I can't use my secondary weapon (pistol nor nade), not even when I press 2. This only happens on smokey's everytime and sometimes there are other people with the same problem but not all.

edit°
3rd April 2006, 12:55
thats never happened to me :confused:

I'll try and get a hold of smokey tonight for you steve, if I can't I'll just email him. If you get me some steamIDs (Demos/SSs if you want but its not essential) then there'll be a few less of these kinds of players on the servers.

Merciless
3rd April 2006, 14:50
cheers mate, i didnt get any of their steam ID's or a demo, it only occured to me that i should have done it after i got banned, which was too late O.o

but ofc, i didnt expect to get banned for defending myself. ill just join a server and get my steam ID and post it here.

EDIT: he can feel free to check the server logs if he likes, i was using a fake nick tho (i do that everynow and then)

it would have been something wussy like mary or rebecca. i like to have my name like that to see the look on the players faces :P

"Disconnect: STEAM UserID STEAM_0:0:6801853 is banned."

is the message i get when i try and join. ty.

- merc

Humor
3rd April 2006, 15:03
Now that you got smokey's attention I have a problem on the Smokey's servers, I can't use my secondary weapon (pistol nor nade), not even when I press 2. This only happens on smokey's everytime and sometimes there are other people with the same problem but not all.

Hi all.

Indeed that just happened to me as well yesterday evening.
Not every round, but on some rounds. I thought it was the mouse wheel not working properly... No bombs as Hidden as well, sniff :)

Sonic
3rd April 2006, 15:16
EDIT: he can feel free to check the server logs if he likes, i was using a fake nick tho (i do that everynow and then)

Isolation was doing that one time, so I thought he might be hacking until he told me it was him...

MiasmicAnomie
3rd April 2006, 15:35
it would have been something wussy like mary or rebecca. i like to have my name like that to see the look on the players faces :P

Hmm. Have you been playing on the DC servers at all?

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 17:05
Its an autoban by a mod thats installed, the mod can't tell the difference between tk's deliberately carried out to annoy or carried out in "defence". I don't agree with the need to defend yourself in such a way either, which is partly why i installed it in the first place, since i felt it would really only be banning people who were going out their way to disrupt or ruin the game for others.

You were playing under the name Pyro at the start and switched to your usual part way through. The ban limit is set at 5, with a reasonable team damage accumulater which increments your tk count by one after the limit is reached.

From what i can remember of the log you managed about 4 tk's and possibly one accumulated damage count. I don't know how much longer it would have gone on for without the mod there and i don't much care to think about it. I feel FF adds to the game, when it is not hopelessly abused that is, which is why it is on. To try and reduce the number of blatant idiots and lamers on the servers though mods were installed to help catch persistant offenders.
Granted you have admited that you lost your temper, which is fair enough, but the server setup will not be changing because you can't control your temper.

A final decision about your ban has not yet been made, i've no intention of opening a flood gate by making people think if they get banned all they need to do is have a whine on here and all will be well. However, you are a good player, who is active in the community and usually an alright chap and there certainly was one or more antagonistic idiot on the server at the time so i've no wish to be overly harsh.

Anyway, if you are unbanned i'd highly advise you and anyone else with an equally short temper to be very careful about how they react. I've no intention of wasting my time dealing with situations like this. Abide by the server rules, which cleary state no tk'ing, that means of ANY sort.

If you are being tk'ed let the mod, which should be printing out messages letting you know that its monitoring tk activity, do its job or try another server. Even better if you get evidence to make sure people tking get banned. Do not retaliate, theres no need for it especially when you get banned first and the idiot who started it disconnects and recieves no punishment. Which, unless an admin happens to be watching or checks the logs closely or someone else reports it, is exactly what will happen.

Faron; all the servers were reinstalled on the 31/03/06 were you getting this problem before then or just since then? They have also been running new config files since then and possibly a few days before it. Although the configs have pretty much the same settings just more things explicitly defined rather than left to assume default values. I've no idea what could be causing it, especially if not everyone is having the problem. I'll assume that me fiddling with the servers alot lately will have broken something though, so i'll try and see if theres anything obvious, maybe load up a backup of the old config on one server to see if it happens then as well. Then get Smokey to fix everything ¬_¬

Incidentaly everything in this post is purely my opinion, Smokey may disagree, i wouldn't advise him to, but he might ;)

Faron
3rd April 2006, 18:00
Faron; all the servers were reinstalled on the 31/03/06 were you getting this problem before then or just since then? They have also been running new config files since then and possibly a few days before it. Although the configs have pretty much the same settings just more things explicitly defined rather than left to assume default values. I've no idea what could be causing it, especially if not everyone is having the problem. I'll assume that me fiddling with the servers alot lately will have broken something though, so i'll try and see if theres anything obvious, maybe load up a backup of the old config on one server to see if it happens then as well. Then get Smokey to fix everything ¬_¬

Never had it before 31/03/06

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 18:29
Do you use any custom skins or models or anything? I've put the old config back up on server #2 for now, #1 is still running the new config, uploading was disabled on it to start with, it should be enabled now, so if you get a chance can you have a look on both and see if you get joy?

I've no idea what else could be causing it, especially if its happening on both servers, the installs were done seperately and as far as i can see theres nothing unusual in the server.cfg its all either default or was set in the old config anyway, aside from the upload bit and some additional log details.

I messed around briefly with some bots on the test server and couldn't recreate it, as hidden i always got my pipebombs as IRIS i always had my pistol.

I perhaps upgraded the install of the other admin mod on the server around then as well actually, i'll go and look into that now.

EDIT: While theres nothing i can see to do with the mods that could be causing this, i've temporarily opened up server #3 which has no mods installed and is using the new config, if you can test that at any point as well and let me know that would be great.

Humor
3rd April 2006, 19:23
I only played Hidden for 1,5 week, some 50 + hrs and I have been several times on your servers. Like posted it only occured yesterday.
Gonna test some now.... :D

Let ya know how it is....

Faron
3rd April 2006, 19:37
Do you use any custom skins or models or anything? I've put the old config back up on server #2 for now, #1 is still running the new config, uploading was disabled on it to start with, it should be enabled now, so if you get a chance can you have a look on both and see if you get joy?

I've no idea what else could be causing it, especially if its happening on both servers, the installs were done seperately and as far as i can see theres nothing unusual in the server.cfg its all either default or was set in the old config anyway, aside from the upload bit and some additional log details.

I messed around briefly with some bots on the test server and couldn't recreate it, as hidden i always got my pipebombs as IRIS i always had my pistol.

I perhaps upgraded the install of the other admin mod on the server around then as well actually, i'll go and look into that now.

EDIT: While theres nothing i can see to do with the mods that could be causing this, i've temporarily opened up server #3 which has no mods installed and is using the new config, if you can test that at any point as well and let me know that would be great.

I'll test all 3 but it doesn't happen always.

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 19:44
Server #1 is definately still a problem going by some of the complaints i saw from HLSW, it certainly affected more than one person in the same round as well. I've got absolutely no idea what the hell is causing it right now though :confused:

Faron
3rd April 2006, 19:53
Just went on server 1 and 2...I didn't have any problems on 1 nor 2 but when I asked on server 2 if anyone had problems with his pistol/nade one guy replied.

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 20:03
On server 1 someone said just as/after you left that using the keyboard instead of mousewheel bind worked and someone else agreed. You didn't seem to have any luck with that though :/ Also that was both the old and new config tested and both seemed to be giving problems, so either something to do with the mods or perhaps the entire installs themselves, or something else thats wonderfully random :confused:

Faron
3rd April 2006, 20:31
I already tried pressing the "2" button the first time I had the bug...it doesn't work and yes, it is binded correctly in options.

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 20:49
Strange, edit and a few others on server #1 just got the problem and again using the number keys helped in their case. I can't see anything that would be trying to overwrite any binds at all though anyway :/

edit°
3rd April 2006, 21:20
Its a bloody wierd one this.

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGG :p

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 21:38
I'll have broken something somehow, i'm just struggling to figure out exactly what, the best bet right now seems to be something to do with the updated admin mod thats running on it, if any of you can get on server #3 and let me know if the problem still occurs or not it would be helpful. I might try redoing server #2 tomorrow though since it seems more well known.

Humor
3rd April 2006, 21:45
Nr.2 happened again several times, pressing no2 several times helped after several presses.
I use only standard config, no bindings etc...

So standard install and after starting up I went only in da Smokey directly.
GL :cool:

Merciless
3rd April 2006, 21:59
answering to your post, im glad you investigated the log. i feel that if this is the case, why was the people who were not constantly tk'ing me at the beginning of the rounds also? because there were so many of them, this autoban feature ceased to have an effect on the at all, thus making me the only one who got banned for killing the people who were wasting their lead into me. if you do not decide to unban me from your server, then i misjudged the server from being good to the community, to being bad to the community. something should be done about mindless tk'ers who dont like good players. but instead it is i who got banned for defending myself.

nethertheless, i hope you find it in the right to unban me from your servers as i enjoy playing in there often. and im sure if you check the rest of the logs, you will find i have no reason to mindlessly tk people, and a lot of people in the hidden community know me well, and also know that i would not mindlessly tk people.

- Merc

Dead Inside
3rd April 2006, 22:58
The mod was installed because admins can't be there 24/7, in general you'll get one idiot who wants to tk and ruin the game and an autoban means they certainly won't be coming back.

If several people are taking offence to skilled players and being idiots then clearly the mod is going to be less effective as they can't all rack up the amount needed to get banned by just killing you, however when there is no admin around there isn't much you can do...

No FF would stop it yes, but like i said i think it adds to the game, so i want it turned on. Now given that, i'm left with few options for keeping a reasonable amount of control over the server. I already know i can't have admins 24/7 but people do play on the server at odd hours so i want FF on all the time really.

Mirror damage was ok, certainly it takes the offender out or leaves them pretty poorly, but if a group of people have a grudge against you like you said then they could still have racked up plenty of team kills over time, leading to you being equally annoyed. But perhaps you wouldn't have bothered to fight back in that situation because you knew you would get punished with the mirror damage? Anyway, eventually due to the entire situation being somewhat crap the entire server would likely have emptied...then what?
Theres no punishment for any of you, you could all come back later/the next day and the same thing could happen all over again. The way the server is set up people who go out of their way to persistantly act like idiots will hopefully be properly punished. As far as i'm concerned you could have left at any point and been the bigger man, instead you chose to stay, apparently because you thought you could get away without punishment. You were wrong.

I certainly did not setout to punish good players, however i have never felt that the tk or be tk'ed method was appropriate. Clearly some people do but it is not acceptable on our servers.

Sadly you found out the hard way, hopefully others will take note and can steer clear of the same thing. I've already suggested a course of action if you do run into problems, please use it instead.

Dead Inside
4th April 2006, 10:11
Server #1 temporarily has no mods running and server #2 temporarily has just the tkrelated mod, if you can test both servers and let me know if you still get problems on either i'd appreciate it. I've passworded server #3 again now as well anyway.

Faron
4th April 2006, 16:03
I played on both servers and asked if anyone had problems but nobody replied and I had no problems.

Dead Inside
4th April 2006, 16:23
Probably needs much more testing but to try and speed things up i've put the admin mod back on server #2, its it that i'm hoping is the problem, however we shall have to wait and see...

Faron
4th April 2006, 17:50
I just played on server 2 for two maps...it happened twice that I couldn't use my pistol/nade. This happened exactly everytime we could vote wich the next map should be (but the window where we can vote is invisible and nobody knows wich numbers to press for the right map). You where right about pressing 2 more than once would help. After I pressed 2 about 3 times rapidly it worked again.

EDIT: There was also a guy named "Smokey" playing on the server but it seemed as it was his first time...

edit°
4th April 2006, 17:52
Its got to be something to do with the votemenu that auto appears without appearing. It might explain why mashing numbers works occasionally. Next time it happens I'm going to try and hit 1 a few times or 3 and see if it fixes it.

Dead Inside
4th April 2006, 18:25
Ah that could certainly make sense, hopefully it won't happen on server #1 at all anyway without the mods running. I'm going to have another look at getting mani working, i suppose i could always use the metamod version of it in conjunction with the tkforgive mod i use now if i really can't get mani working right. Although the tkforgive mod is by the same guy so i suppose there could be problems with it as well. I might open up the test server again once i've got mani on so i can find out for sure if the tk ban is working or not.

Yes that wasn't Smokey on the server, i grabbed his steam ID incase he was up for some nicklaming though, but apparently he wasn't. :( :D

Dead Inside
5th April 2006, 00:40
Plenty of new stuff to test now, Server #1 is running a manimod/tkforgive combo, server #2 is running just tkforgive and server #3 is running just manimod.

I think the server #1 setup will be the most likely way forward barring any further horrible problems, although if manimod does actually work by itself i'd be happy to use just it. I'm not convinced it actually does kick/ban at all for tk's though i've yet to see it do so in actual play, against bots it refuses still. The other mod most certainly does kick/ban though so its there if manimod definately isn't going to play nicely.

Hopefully the lack of the BAT admin mod will fix up this odd weapon problem anyway.

MiasmicAnomie
5th April 2006, 00:53
I'm not convinced it actually does kick/ban at all for tk's though i've yet to see it do so in actual play, against bots it refuses still.

I've seen manimod k/b for tk, in the DEADCLAN hidden servers.

Dead Inside
6th April 2006, 15:29
It seems to have done a couple of autobans now, it just didn't want to play when i was testing it with bots. I'll probably sort out a manimod only setup for all the servers soon unless anything else crops up.

EDIT: All the servers are now running just manimod, any continued/new problems then let me know

Mart Ini
21st May 2006, 19:20
Hi, i got banned from the smokey server too. The thing is, i did not tk. You may not believe me, but this is the truth.
I was just on the server and indeed people were tk'ing. I got hit a few times, than i said 'he!' over my mic, next thing i was banned....why?

edit°
21st May 2006, 19:22
If you're duffman then you're unbanned as of this morning. You were banned by accident.

If you're not duffman then you were definately TKing if I banned you.

Mart Ini
21st May 2006, 20:02
im not duffman, but 5ive. If you have proof i would like to see if i tk'ed.

Again, i just said he! and than i got banned.

edit°
21st May 2006, 21:25
You were teamwounding, I remember. Sorry for not being able to give you an answer at first, I thought your in game name was the same as your forum name. Duffman was the guy I banned by accident whilst trying to ban you.

Dead Inside
21st May 2006, 21:34
From what i can see the ban is for a deliberate team wound offence at the start of a round rather than a team kill. Duffman was accidentally banned instead of you at that time, you weren't banned until a little while afterwards. The guy who went in the huff and started teamkilling was also banned at this time.

The logs don't show much else so i can't comment further, edit was on the server at the time though so saw exactly what went on.

Also voice isn't enabled on our servers so no one heard anything from you!

Edit: hmm nevermind he's already posted, that will teach me not to get distracted whilst writing a post :<

M_C
21st May 2006, 22:17
"The thing is, i did not tk. You may not believe me, but this is the truth.
I was just on the server and indeed people were tk'ing. I got hit a few times, than i said 'he!' over my mic, next thing i was banned....why?"

Hmmm, funny how he left out the part about team-wounding, isnt it? ;)

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 11:21
I cant remember i tk'ed at the beginning of a round... I do tk sometimes in the game, but thats because im shooting at the hidden, i get tk'ed by accident frequently, no biggy.
I do remember i tk'ed a guy on purpose (dont remember if it was on your server) but that was because he was shooting everyone up at the start of the game and i wanted to end the chaos:)
So...can i be 'unbanned' ?

edit°
22nd May 2006, 15:11
Its a no from me since I remember exactly what happened. About 5 seconds into the round on mobscene whilst everyone was running away from the spawn you just popped a bullet in the back of a guy and ran off. I gave you time to apologise and if I remember right I even gave some kind of threat/warning out to 'whoever just teamwounded'.

The time delay from spawning meant that you couldn't have just been tapping through spec cams the previous round and accidentally blown a hole in the IRIS as I've seen happen before. You ran along with the crowd for a few seconds then did something that we don't allow on our servers. Others might, I'd suggest you play there.

8Mikey
22nd May 2006, 15:34
Team wound'ers seems to be the new 'tk'ers'.
Guys running around doing 80-90 damage to every IRIS they see - but not killing anyone. Very annoying...

Of course, most of us (me inculded) get pissed and we end up tk'ing the as*hat. Which, I realize is a big mistake and really should never be done....but damn it feels good! Anyway, VOTEKICK ftw!

Is there anyway to for the server to monitor team damage and offer a slap/kick/whatever option after a specified amount of damage?

edit°
22nd May 2006, 15:41
Don't do revenge TKing. Theres no reason to do it, especially now the console shows damage done at the end of the round. Just get a demo, with SteamIDs and they'll be gone forever. Unfortunately if you deliberately TK - you may well end up being gone too.

We must be running out of arseholes by now in hiddenland :/ Since B3 was released I think we've had about 130 bans. I think its just the stragglers we're getting that can't do the game and vent it by tking/twing.

The Laughing Man
22nd May 2006, 15:53
Don't do revenge TKing. Theres no reason to do it, especially now the console shows damage done at the end of the round. Just get a demo, with SteamIDs and they'll be gone forever. Unfortunately if you deliberately TK - you may well end up being gone too.

We must be running out of arseholes by now in hiddenland :/ Since B3 was released I think we've had about 130 bans. I think its just the stragglers we're getting that can't do the game and vent it by tking/twing.

Yep this one guy was on, when he was hidden anything went.

1vs1 he would use nades ect.

While that is perfectly leagal to do...

When ever someone used a nade on him he starts calling them a hidden whore what not.. Then Rascal999 came on. kick this guys ass all over the place, netting rascal several perfect rounds in a row. Sure enough the guy starts complaining then, after that didnt work he the who team, and scuicided.

(course i held my slap just till the next round started. cause im a little more evil.)

(there was some other things about this guy that pissed me off. Like how the hidden attacked me, so i back away to a place he couldnt be as springy, and the guy starts complaining on how i left him to die. So the next round i stuck.. with him. He complained about that as well.)

Dead Inside
22nd May 2006, 15:55
Still seems plenty right now, i've had 5 since i got in this afternoon and i'm watching 3 more as well right now. To be fair the servers are busier than they have been for a few days though but still... :mad:

Also really just don't do deliberate/revenge wounding or killing, we are sick of it and if you are caught doing it on our server you will be gone, no second chances, we don't have time to sit around watching to see if you can calm down and behave, you'll just be gone so we can be certain you won't cause any problems again.

MiasmicAnomie
22nd May 2006, 16:00
Yep this one guy was on, when he was hidden anything went.

I got called a bomb spammer once, for using my bombs on nicely clumped groups of IRIS, while doing slash only in a stick-enabled server. :rolleyes:

I got called a bomb spammer a different time for hitting starstriker1 with bombs - that time it was justified, but in his case I consider it a fair handicap, softening him up before attempting to slash him to death. He's five IRIS all by himself, so he's equivalent to a nicely clumped group of IRIS ... :D

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 16:08
Its a no from me since I remember exactly what happened. About 5 seconds into the round on mobscene whilst everyone was running away from the spawn you just popped a bullet in the back of a guy and ran off. I gave you time to apologise and if I remember right I even gave some kind of threat/warning out to 'whoever just teamwounded'.

The time delay from spawning meant that you couldn't have just been tapping through spec cams the previous round and accidentally blown a hole in the IRIS as I've seen happen before. You ran along with the crowd for a few seconds then did something that we don't allow on our servers. Others might, I'd suggest you play there.

You got the wrong guy....

8Mikey
22nd May 2006, 16:19
When recording a demo of a tk'er/tw'er:
Anything in particular you need to record?
Console - Status?
The tk'er in action (how many times)?
Are overall stats recorded (if it's a tw'er, will it show everybody he hits in a round, or does the demo need to catch him in the act)?

Theres no reason to do it,
Instant gratification! (I know, it's still not a valid or good reason...)

I got called a bomb spammer once, for using my bombs on nicely clumped groups of IRIS, while doing slash only in a stick-enabled server
How can you 'spam' bombs with only 3 of them? Oh yeah, that's just like saying the p90 is too weak, and RIIS needs more ammo, and more guns, and melee attacks...I think balance is pretty sweet right now. I even like the ps!

Dead Inside
22nd May 2006, 17:03
When recording a demo of a tk'er/tw'er:
Anything in particular you need to record?
Console - Status?
The tk'er in action (how many times)?
Are overall stats recorded (if it's a tw'er, will it show everybody he hits in a round, or does the demo need to catch him in the act)?

A steam ID is required. Its also helpful if you give the exact server name and the time it happened so logs can be easily checked.

In general footage that shows deliberate wounding/killing when there is clearly no hidden nearby will do for us, if you can get them doing it more than once then even better, when combined with the logs it should give us a good idea of exactly what happened.

Also, although it should be fairly obvious i'll say it just to make sure...

Watch the demo yourself first and make sure it really wasn't just an accident, remember there are alot of new players around right now who might be a bit jumpy! If you are sure it was a deliberate act by someone just plain being a cock and you think your footage proves it then by all means post it. Just bear in mind that we do check them and won't be happy if we are made to watch a demo that proves nothing or contains an excess of pointless footage.

M_C
22nd May 2006, 19:37
Always type "status" in the console, at least once, while recording demos to get steamID's.

edit°
22nd May 2006, 19:40
You got the wrong guy....

You are incorrect, I watched you do it and the logs show it. I don't understand why you would want to make a scene since I didn't post your ID up here or even make remarks against you. Just stated what I know ARE facts.

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 20:30
so pm me the log

edit°
22nd May 2006, 20:46
5ive - teamwounded - duffman.

There

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 20:58
so you ban me cuz of 1 teamWOUND, not even teamKILL? And you said you gave me time to apologize? I did not even see an admin message that said that.

edit°
22nd May 2006, 21:09
Look, I've stated what happened. If you won't believe me - theres no other word you're going to get so its pointless arguing.

We recently began a no-tollerance witch hunt for the teamwounders and tkers who are carefull enough (or think they are carefull enough) to do it without being banned. Basically, the round started, 5 seconds later you popped a guy then changed direction running away so he couldn't see it was you. I said "Whoever teamwounded then is going to be banned" because I couldn't see your name either and then checked the HLSW log I had running at the same time.

At the end of the day mate, you broke the rules and got banned. I don't know why you're making such a fuss when its you thats done wrong and yet its you that is being treat with some morcel of respect. Your steamID isn't up for grabs here and until you posted there was no mention of you.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and go play on a server where you're not banned is what I would do. If you're not a teamwounder and what happened on the server was your little brother playing/an accident/you shop at scope - then the other servers won't ban you. GL and HF.

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 21:15
with your current rules you'll have no one left on your servers.
I do understand the rules NOW, but they were not stated in server messages or something so i did not know i was braking the rules at that time.
So if im allowed back in i know the rules and wont brake m.

edit°
22nd May 2006, 21:22
This wierd post-eating monster just got my latest reply. Heres it again basically:

No.

The rule is in the MOTD that you have to OK when you join and it flashes up as text on screen every so often.

Dead Inside
22nd May 2006, 21:31
Indeed its clearly stated in two different ways. Other than perhaps enabling voice on the server and yelling it every few seconds as well theres not much more we can do.

We only kick and ban for deliberate offences, since there was no reason for you to be shooting at that time it was seen as deliberate.

If it empties the servers so be it, i certainly don't want to be playing with people that go around deliberatly wounding and killing teammates and i will continue to admin the servers in a manner that minimises such pointless and annoying acts.

The mod is becoming increasingly popular now and there are plenty other servers to choose from if you disagree with how ours are run.

Mart Ini
22nd May 2006, 21:36
The rule is in the MOTD that you have to OK when you join and it flashes up as text on screen every so often.

never seen it

and you say i deliberate shot someone? How can you tell its deliberate? I pushed the wrong button and its intstantly deliberately, thats not fair.

and there not many servers around (that are filled and with a good ping)

again, i will respect the rules since i know them now (and did not know them then)

M_C
22nd May 2006, 21:37
If it empties the servers so be it, i certainly don't want to be playing with people that go around deliberatly wounding and killing teammates and i will continue to admin the servers in a manner that minimises such pointless and annoying acts.

The mod is becoming increasingly popular now and there are plenty other servers to choose from if you disagree with how ours are run.
That's what I keep telling retards that whine about my (and other admins) servers. There are other free servers if you don't like the rules in mine and I'd rather it be empty than full of people that break my rules. Simple.

edit°
22nd May 2006, 21:39

never seen it

How can you NOT see it?! You HAVE TO click OK on it just to play the game...

and you say i deliberate shot someone? How can you tell its deliberate? I pushed the wrong button and its intstantly deliberately, thats not fair.

I stated why earlier. Chasing out tails here won't get you unbanned I'm afraid.

Mart Ini
23rd May 2006, 08:47
ok post a screenshot of the socalled warning you stated to have, its not there

and i did not deliberately teamwounded, how can you tell from a log (wich i think is fake) that i did it on purpose?

Dead Inside
23rd May 2006, 11:04
It already been stated that an admin was in the server at the time we aren't just going by the logs...

Anyway if you think we'd go to the trouble of faking a log to keep you out why the hell do you even want back in our server? No one else knows your steam ID, you won't be bothered elsewhere so just drop it.

All i have is server logs, since you think those are "fake" i don't suppose this really matters anyway but..

http://www.deadweb.co.uk/download/log1.jpg

Again, sorry to duffman, you did nothing wrong and were banned completely by mistake.
Also after i searched the wrong server to get the actual log entry in question i've noticed you are responsible for revenge teamkills as well from an earlier incident, another violation of our rules. Bravo.

http://www.deadweb.co.uk/download/log2.jpg

I've really had more than enough of this now so to make it perfectly clear:

You are not going to be unbanned.
You were never going to be unbanned, you broke the rules and no matter how much you disagree with them thats not going to change anything
Whining will not get you unbanned.

And in the end the admins decision is FINAL anyway, if you disagree with it TS.

This discussion is OVER.

lion7123
29th May 2006, 18:25
Dear Smokey
i'd like to ask you to unban me, i got banned at the first day on which the auto ban was enabled. I not realised the warning thats the main reason for the ban :mad:

now i try to declare how that happend and hope that i get a second chance to play on your server because they are quite the best hidden servers from my place ;)

the first 3 teamkills where just "joke's" i and my friend imod where joking around in teamspeak and then started shoting on each other :D perhaps it started with accident. but he slapped me. but he would confirm that this wasn't really a teamkill. we just can't control our self's sometime's ;)

the next teamkill was an accident in combat with the hidden. i said sorry but got slaped.

yes to the last teamkill i just can say i got a bad day and then i got permantly blocked by a teammate and naded by the hidden :mad: i killed him after he blocked me and we both got naded :(

thats all i can say. i hope i get a second chance and i swear that something like that wont happen again.

STEAM_0:0:53156

best greetings lion

Veon
29th May 2006, 18:33
The "joke" teamkills ruined others game experience. They dont like two jackasses taking up place in the team where two players who could actually play properly could be. Second, you dont blast your teammates because they block. I've been overcome with frustration after being blocked and naded. I don't kill them because of that. I'm not sure you deserve a second chance.

imod
29th May 2006, 21:12
Venom normaly would 100% aggre with you.
Sure i'am affectet by the fact that he is a friend of mine.
So from my side i can only say i haven't seen him doing something before nor he has done any teamkill's after that on other servers (on that we had to play :( ) and that happend about 2 oder 3 weeks ago and i think it never will happen again.

imod

chilly
30th May 2006, 05:04
lots of 1 post signups. You wont get unbanned unless there are extreme circumstances.

Veon
30th May 2006, 07:32
Muck up once and you're boned. Shit happends, deal with it.

w00t. 100 Posts