PDA

View Full Version : Player list not updating & double start & ammo stuff

echoSwe
1st April 2006, 19:22
Problem outcome:
1) Player list not updated with your name, on join, which carries through in all games you play on that server, which makes you unable to see your score.
2) (as it seems to me) - if not in the player list, killing the hidden doesn't give you control over the hidden.
3) after a round has begun, it restarts after a few seconds, but still not letting the waiting players play, alternatively it starts too quickly.
4) pistol sounds like it's firing twice, but ammo counter only counts one bullet
5) you can stand on someone's shoulders
6) sometime the game starts without someone being hidden and sometimes it takes a very long time for the game to end after hidden is dead.
7) it's not obvious whether delirict map gametype is free-for-all or regular game.
8) if hidden disconnects, game doesn't end
9) hidden-piggystick-sound played if you teamkill a teammate - the crounching sound
10) sometimes on delerict the cameras show a static image of the fires
11) how do I bring down the console on a Swedish keyboard layout? the usual key is , but that doesn't work. make it possible to set a key for it.
12) say the hidden is trying to kill me, but I spot him coming towards me - then I start firing, almost killing the bastard. but despite being peppered with bullets hidden is able to stab just like normal. Can't you add some momentum to the bullets so that the hidden gets pushed backwards when shot with a rifle repeatedly in the chest? something like the shotgun that is. and also, according to newton's third law of reciprocal forces, a showgun shouldn't be able to shoot me that far back if I'm hidden - without also shooting the shooter a couple of meters backwards.
13) sometimes, when standing behind the corner, waiting for IRIS, they can still kill me, because it seems like the hit-box is too big.
14) on the office map, the one with all the glass-windows - if you spray on one side of a window, the spray is not visible when looking from the other side of the glass for some reason.
15) it seems impossible to jump with hidden, properly, in stairs
16) stairs, when on the subject, aren't stairs, they are slopes...
17) when jumping from a loose box in e.g. stalkyard, the box isn't pushed backwards as it should be when such a large impulse (as the jump of the hidden ought to be) is applied to it - this also according to Newton's third law - same should be for destructable surfaces such as wooden fences.
18) when on delirict and jumping from the balcony at the backyard to the house in which you enter from the stairs in the beginning; jumping from there against the ventilation system will cause you to be thrown/pushed back with your reciprocal velocity. (with hidden)

I've seen many other bugs, too, but they are already reported

it would be great if you could play FFA on other maps as well, and to be able to search for it in the game-list.

suggestions:
(*) sound of rifle kinda ugly - doesn't sound real.
(*) would love more type of guns
(*) when pressing cancel when joining a game, it doesn't cancel the loading, unless you click repeatedly
(*) it's not obvious when there is a connection problem - the text is way too small. (except everything freezing - but if for example you're dead and waiting for spawn)
(*) being able to choose if you would like to have a helmet or not
(*) why not innovate and make the player able to see his own body if you look down?? that would be really innovative and would make it more realistic!

I'm also wondering if you can modify the interface through - what is it - C#?

other than this, I love the game! Keep up the good work!

Ging
1st April 2006, 20:17
Erm, several of those are steam / source specific and we can't do anything about them...

1) Fixed
2) Wrong - scoreboard is purely clientside
3) semi-fixed
4) lag
5) and?
6) sometime the game starts without someone being hidden and sometimes it takes a very long time for the game to end after hidden is dead.
7) yes it is - it displays the same message as the other maps
8) not seen that
9) erm, what? that's just the sound effect we used for all deaths
10) fixed
11) source issue - nothing we've done
12) the p90 does push the hidden back, just not as much as the shotgun - newton can suck my balls.
13) hide further round the corner.
14) source material issue
15) it's fine
16) true, plays better
17) tell valve
18) and?

by FFA you mean overrun and it's unsupported from B3 onwards.

suggestions:
(*) tell valve - it's a CSS sound effect
(*) see B3
(*) tell valve
(*) decrease your screen resolution
(*) tough, it's to do with the models and characters.
(*) hardly innovative - doesn't add anything to the game, not cool enough to be included anyway

Which interface? All code is C++

Night Raider
1st April 2006, 20:39
(*) why not innovate and make the player able to see his own body if you look down?? that would be really innovative and would make it more realistic!

Maybe not the entire body, but I'd like to see your own shadow. Maybe it can be implemented once Valve fixes the shadow system?

Kitty_Loaf
2nd April 2006, 01:51
That's what i call a royal ging smack down

I can see why you get annoyed ging, people like this come on here and list a very LARGE list of stuff without looking at any of the stickies...

QReaper
2nd April 2006, 04:00
Searching ytmnd for a third pwn dance...

*Edit* Found! http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7896/pwndance39nt.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Ging
2nd April 2006, 04:09
It does get a bit tiresome... Sadly, I missed out on 6 for some reason... Oh well

QReaper
2nd April 2006, 04:10
It does get a bit tiresome... Sadly, I missed out on 6 for some reason... Oh well

Hey Ging, that award is yours, you earned it. Please put it into your sig, you will be legendary! :)

Isolation
2nd April 2006, 07:11
The P90 sounds pretty good to me... if by "realistic" you mean "like CSS's" than... no. And it's not a rifle. It barely pushes into SMG territory (some would say it's a machine pistol).

Ging
2nd April 2006, 12:27
Hey Ging, that award is yours, you earned it. Please put it into your sig, you will be legendary! :)

Don't be silly...

echoSwe
2nd April 2006, 17:34
That's what i call a royal ging smack down

I can see why you get annoyed ging, people like this come on here and list a very LARGE list of stuff without looking at any of the stickies...

Yes, people do that. I do it because I want to help, ffs. If you either can't handle having bugs reported, feel a sick urge to complain on people trying to help or simply don't want bugs reported you should definately NOT have this ****ing forum. The disconnection bug was a bug - right? So my stupid list was good for something wasn't it??

Stickies are in 99% stuff like "Please post posts with intelligent titles" - and I did read some of them and I did search the board for the type of bugs I was looking for. So don't blame it on me - what's wrong with what I was writing?

I did also say, that I loved the game - you didn't even comment on that - perhaps you just don't give a crap about the individual players, but rather think of them as "tiresome".

Back to the list!
2) At least fix the scoreboard.
6) what about this?
7) no it's not. Make the text appear in the centre in bold white arial like it is not instead of whereever it appears.
8) well then, that's good.
9) could use other sound.
11) you could mail valve.
12) You can suck your balls yourself; newtonian physics are fun and very practical on macro level - what's up with the sneezy comments about Newton's sexual orientation?
13) A hit-box problem. Bug.
17) is there nothing you could do about that?
18) and... that's a bug.

as for the miscellaneous points - I don't want to decrease my screen resolution. Instead, make the text bigger - a size relative to the screen resolution. Like ems in web design.

please don't remove overrun - that's the most fun type of gametype, I love it!

Ging
2nd April 2006, 17:55
Yes, people do that. I do it because I want to help, ffs. If you either can't handle having bugs reported, feel a sick urge to complain on people trying to help or simply don't want bugs reported you should definately NOT have this ****ing forum. The disconnection bug was a bug - right? So my stupid list was good for something wasn't it??
I appreciate having actual bugs reported, but a lot of people just give their opinion and most don't bother searching or thinking "wait, this is a common issue, it might have been reported before" - especially when it's been so long since we released!

Stickies are in 99% stuff like "Please post posts with intelligent titles" - and I did read some of them and I did search the board for the type of bugs I was looking for. So don't blame it on me - what's wrong with what I was writing?

I did also say, that I loved the game - you didn't even comment on that - perhaps you just don't give a crap about the individual players, but rather think of them as "tiresome".
True, I don't give a crap about individual players - I don't have time to give a crap for the majority... And yes, many players are tiresome...

2) See 1
6) it's being worked on - we've been aware of it for a while
7) you can also tell by looking at the scoreboard or seeing the large ammo crates...
9) we are - but as it stands, the sound is fine
11) not my issue - YOU email valve...
12) newtonian physics are fine for space simulations, but actual realistic physics at that level are crap in first person shooters. So once again, newton can suck my balls.
13) Good lord, hide further round the corner!
17) No, it's how the player interacts with physics items - it's in every single source game
18) no, that's the same as 17.

as for the miscellaneous points - I don't want to decrease my screen resolution. Instead, make the text bigger - a size relative to the screen resolution. Like ems in web design.
It is relative to screen resolution - I don't have a problem reading it, no one else has complained about it...

please don't remove overrun - that's the most fun type of gametype, I love it!
We're not removing it, just not supporting it any further - the majority of the community don't agree with you.

QReaper
4th April 2006, 02:35
Don't be silly...

:(

Sonic
4th April 2006, 02:40
Ging! Put the PWN dance into your signature!

In other news, my cat just but my elbow.

echoSwe
11th April 2007, 20:41
Reading the thread a year after, I can only conclude what a fucking asshat Ging really is. He could have used a good spanking when he was young, behaving like a brat.

Ging
11th April 2007, 21:23
Reading the thread a year after, I can only conclude what a fucking asshat Ging really is. He could have used a good spanking when he was young, behaving like a brat.

I can only conclude you really don't want to be here... So, fuck off...