PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Hitbox on hidden and issues with animation states on hitboxes

Danni
1st April 2006, 17:47
I was mucking around with the hidden source to see how the lag compensation and interpolation system in Source works. In the process I found a few interesting issues with the Hidden.

First the hidden has an enlarged hitbox in waist section which sticks out about two times the width of the model.

The second is the model animation state seams static server side and not animating like it should.

Please remember the video is using sv_showhitboxes which is showing you SERVER side hitboxes. And FYI i am using cl_interp 0.9 which gives me a 900ms delay between client and server player positions. If anyone knows the fakelag and fakeloss cvars for source i would be most appreciative, i cannot find em anywhere.

http://www.antihax.net/movies/hiddensource.wmv

Night Raider
1st April 2006, 19:40
Truth is, bots have horrible hit-boxes. Try creating a server, or asking a server admin to test out the wireframe view with real players.

Danni
1st April 2006, 20:20
From what I can see, the bots are using exactly the same models as players and thus the hitbox is also the same.

sv_showhitboxes will only work on a listen server and if something is different between a listen server and a hlds server, something is wrong considering they use the same code.

Danni
1st April 2006, 20:55
And this is with a _REAL_ player.

http://www.antihax.net/movies/hdn_executive0000.jpg http://www.antihax.net/movies/hdn_executive0004.jpg http://www.antihax.net/movies/hdn_executive0003.jpg

No difference. :rolleyes:

Demented
1st April 2006, 21:48
But were you actually able to shoot the hidden's big behind? =P
Or is it the boxes around the torso and legs that concern you?

Night Raider
1st April 2006, 23:01
I'm sure the Hidden is happy with his elongated crotch hitbox. :p

Danni
1st April 2006, 23:32
But were you actually able to shoot the hidden's big behind? =P
Or is it the boxes around the torso and legs that concern you?

Yes, it hit him. Watch the impacts on the hitbox on the video (small blue and red boxes which stick to the hitbox where the bullet hit)

Kitty_Loaf
2nd April 2006, 00:46
that's not good... that should be fixed o_O

Ging
2nd April 2006, 03:08
I'm not even sure where that's come from, but I'll get it taken out - must be something whacky when we last compiled the model... It has been reported before, not sure why it's not been fixed yet...

Danni
2nd April 2006, 03:25
Sounds great. Keep up the good work. :)

edit°
2nd April 2006, 11:55
I KNEW I was getting killed around corners :p

Merciless
2nd April 2006, 12:00
I KNEW I was getting killed around corners :p

ditto xD

QReaper
4th April 2006, 01:36
ditto xD

Tritto....wait.... ;)

starstriker1
4th April 2006, 02:08
Thats something entirely different and lag related. :P

Kitty_Loaf
4th April 2006, 02:12
*starts Break dancing* I like biiiig... Butts and i can not lie!

ok i'm done... although, that's one huge ass the hidden has...

Sir Wankus Magpie
4th April 2006, 17:31
I believe its a mix of lag and big butts...i have this issue in real life too :confused:

edit°
4th April 2006, 17:50
You frequently find yourself being killed because of lag in real life? :confused:

Demented
4th April 2006, 20:47
Hell yeah. It gets real laggy during storms. You see the lightning go off and it takes several seconds before you can hear the thunder. I need a new sound card.

Isolation
4th April 2006, 21:04
I can't help but wonder how many times I died because of that FREAKING HUGE TARGET the Hidden has...

Kitty_Loaf
4th April 2006, 22:43
Gives new meaning to "I GOT SHOTS IN THE ASS!"[sic]

Sir Wankus Magpie
4th April 2006, 23:21
You frequently find yourself being killed because of lag in real life? :confused:

yes....and what sucks more is there is no respawn...i have to restart the whole damn game over again

QReaper
5th April 2006, 00:01
Gives new meaning to "I GOT SHOTS IN THE ASS!"[sic]

Or "Sumthin jumped up and bit me"..... :)

Kitty_Loaf
5th April 2006, 01:03
Or "Sumthin jumped up and bit me"..... :)

Bahaha... you should say that when your running away with a body and getting shot XD it'll be just like in the movie XD

Rascal999
5th April 2006, 19:59
Either seriously lacking skill here or is it (actually) quite hard to hit the hidden, even when dragging some poor ass IRIS?

:o

QReaper
5th April 2006, 20:05
Either seriously lacking skill here or is it (actually) quite hard to hit the hidden, even when dragging some poor ass IRIS?

:o

As long as you aim for his HUGE ass, then you're fine. :D

Demented
5th April 2006, 20:15
One can only wonder, once it's fixed, how hard the hidden will be to kill. Oh, the fun....

QReaper
5th April 2006, 20:20
One can only wonder, once it's fixed, how hard the hidden will be to kill. Oh, the fun....

I never aim for under his waist unless I can't help it. By the time I DO see him he is usually far enough to pistol snipe or close enough to fill full of p90 bullets.

The Laughing Man
12th April 2006, 20:00
I think it may be more of a valve thing.

I notice it in DoD as well. Infact i have a video of me getting killed like that. Its annoying cause it makes quick reflexes on my side nearly useless, depending on thier ping.

The people i notice that can shoot you when you dash back around a corner real quick have a high ping.

Also another releated topic on hit boxes, It seems if you crouch as iris, you cannot be stabed by hidden, unless he crouches as well. Also you cannot stab through grates and such, but you can shoot through them.

Danni
15th April 2006, 00:34
The people i notice that can shoot you when you dash back around a corner real quick have a high ping.

That is a product of lag compensation and is much better than not being able to hit anything at all because you have a 200 ms ping plus 100 ms interpolation delay. IMHO Deal with it. :)