PDA

View Full Version : H: S with HL2 DM only

Alaska-Steve
29th March 2006, 23:44
I bought Counter-Strike: Source seperate from HL2, and i want to know if i can run Hidden Source with HL2 DM

Alaska-Steve
30th March 2006, 00:31
Also, after downloading and running the installer, H: S doesnt show up in my Sourcemods folder (where i saved it to specifically)

i tried to save it under Steam as well, but it wont show up at all

It also doesnt show up on my steam list

Sonic
30th March 2006, 00:42
[Gus Edit / Mod Power Abuse] - Sonic is.....drunk (??) and would like to ask you to use the search function :D

Gusdor
30th March 2006, 00:59
not sure about this. i believe we use HL2 code and other assets so HL2 is probably a necessity im afraid. Its well worth the cash though

Sonic
30th March 2006, 01:05
There IS a way, Gus... And he could find it by searching. As for how WELL it works, I dunno.

Gusdor
30th March 2006, 01:14
well paint me wrong :D

Payback
30th March 2006, 03:38
I'm almost positive it will work with HL2DM. Doesn't HL2DM download like 3gb if you didn't already d/l HL2 because it needs all the same resources (like textures, sounds, etc.)?

Anyway, the way to do it is to install Hidden into the /Steam/whateveryournameis/Half Life 2 DeathMatch/ folder and then create a desktop shortcut for HL2DM (in steam right-click the game, you'll see the option). Do a properties on the shortcut & under the target line add
-game hidden

Should work. I'm too lazy to make a more thorough or properly formatted explanation.