PDA

View Full Version : Mani Mod

K. GoBlin
29th March 2006, 21:30
Anyone using the latest Mani Mod SourceMM version? I believe it's up to 1.2BetaM RC6. I've noticed my server's gone down a couple of times recently and I'm wondering if the Mani upgrade might be the cause. Any Mani admins please reply. Thanks.

M_C
29th March 2006, 23:40
Anyone using the latest Mani Mod SourceMM version? I believe it's up to 1.2BetaM RC6. I've noticed my server's gone down a couple of times recently and I'm wondering if the Mani upgrade might be the cause. Any Mani admins please reply. Thanks.
I just did a mani install and guide but I've not noticed any problems with the version I installed, which was mani_admin_plugin_v1_1_0zh, but that might not help you.

Dead Inside
30th March 2006, 07:00
When running the newest beta i found the server was going down more often, its certainly not as bad now its running mm + BAT + TKForgive anyway.

I couldn't for the life of me seem to get the tk protect actually working in hidden though it seemed to have no effect in actual play, i watched several people pass the tk limit and just carry on and it certainly doesn't work correctly when i test it with bots, the original 1.2M and the current stable release seem better but RC6/7 was completely useless for it, ignoring not only the fact that tk protect was turned on but most of the other flags which should have disbled accees to most punishments.

Might just be something i'm continually doing wrong though :(

Other than possibly the afk kicker everything else seemed ok with it, some people have found disabling the afk kicker stops crashes i think as well. The database side of things is causing problems too but i don't use it at all.

K. GoBlin
30th March 2006, 13:13
Yeah I noticed all the RC releases due to the AFK kicker, so I didn't even bother enabling it. I'll check to see if my TK protect/kick functions are working. Been so busy with other stuff I haven't had time to go into my servers and check for stuff like that.
Thanks for the input. :)

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 05:21
Do we use the Mani mod for CS:Source of HLDM? I assume CSS?

K. GoBlin
2nd May 2006, 13:45
Hldm

M_C
2nd May 2006, 18:09
The modified release (not beta) version in the sticky is hldm too.

Dead Inside
2nd May 2006, 18:14
I've only ever used the hldm version, i think the.virus maybe mentioned he was going to try the css one at some point no idea if he did or not though.

hldm works for us anyway though :)

jetpig
2nd May 2006, 18:20
I have it up on my srver and the tk punishment causes the serer to crash. i used the version that ging has hosted around these forums somewhere... seems rather stable other than that.

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 18:20
The CSS version will take some editing. At least to the mani.cfg. It lists all the CSS weapons for mani stats.

Anyone mind posting thier maniserver.cfg here?

Dead Inside
2nd May 2006, 18:28
What version are you trying to use, i'm using the latest beta M RC7 release and its the sourcemeta mod version. If you are using the current stable normal release then my config would have some stuff in that you can't use, might make the whole thing a bit unhappy, perhaps another admin can post theirs from the current stable version if thats what you need.

tk punishment works ok for me, i've had various problems, but i think in the end most were caused by silly misakes on my part or the linux version objecting to some windows edited files. Only tk things i've noticed are bots aren't recognised and the damage doesn't seem to be counted properly for monitoring wounders, bans work a treat though :D

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 18:30
I am using windows.

Basically if someone could link to the proper file for me to DL I will try to take it from there. I run a CS:S server and I have a good handle on Mani and event scripts. So it shouldnt really be that bad once I get the correct version..

Dead Inside
2nd May 2006, 18:38
Just follow this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3573) then, i believe MC even included his own config files in a version in that so you should be more than good to go!

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 18:41
Thanks a lot guys!

Just for the hell of it I wish we could make the number of players on the server 15. This way I could get all my clannies in the same server and just have a blast. Is this possible to adjust?

Dead Inside
2nd May 2006, 18:44
You used to be able to get more people BUT they would only be able to spectate, i'm not sure if you can do this anymore, possibly with reserved slots, not really what you were after anyway though i'm afraid.

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 18:46
no its not. :(

I really dont see the harm in allowing more players. I think it would be intense on some of the larger maps to have many more players looking around for ya.

Ging
2nd May 2006, 18:55
No more than 9 players in game at once, ever...

AskedRelic
2nd May 2006, 19:18
When running the newest beta i found the server was going down more often, its certainly not as bad now its running mm + BAT + TKForgive anyway.

Good, atleast I'm not the only having these problems. I've found anytime I run any manimod commands, it will crash the server. The TK protect and slay command also crashes the server, so I've turned off for the time being. I think I will probably switch to your setup though, although reading through this thread, makes it look like manimod has been gotten working again with this release...

Dead Inside
2nd May 2006, 19:30
There were other problems i encountered with that combo of plugins. The BAT one i'm sure gave me problems with some voting thing screwing up players secondary binds everytime it tried to start an automatic map vote. The tk forgive i disliked since it can't permenantly ban, or at least the version i had couldn't. I'm much happier using mani now. As mentioned i'm running the source metamod version now, Beta M RC7 release.

With B3 i've had high ping kick, TK autoban, TK forgive, TK slap punishment, map voting and the normal server advert things working.

The AFK kicker is something to avoid for now i think, there are also sometimes problems with the database features going by the forums. I haven't touched the stats stuff either.

=AWOL=Manoe
2nd May 2006, 20:09
I cannot wait to get home from work to get started on installing this. I have been using HLSW to run the server and kick the bastages. All in all HLSW is nice but I need adverts and the control for when no admins are around that mani offers.

I tell ya what... Once this game is stable I will be playing it pretty much full time. I think its an extremely unique idea. I would even like to see future updates just to keep things fresh. I think the hidden should have some mind control abilites ;)

chilly
3rd May 2006, 01:18
Just finished updating all my servers with mani, it all seemed to go pretty smoothly. Cant really test it properly since its 2am and no one is playing :P

AskedRelic
3rd May 2006, 22:10
Random thing I've just noticed, I've updated and reinstalled mani properly off the guide that M_C posted, but the TK punishment under mani still crashes my server. No clue why, so I've turned it off, I will probably try installing that tk_forgive mod or something.

Dead Inside
3rd May 2006, 22:27
Strange, i do restrict it to slap only though, i despise most of the other options or find people use them as revenge methods, even if it was accidental, rather than forgive.

I'm pretty sure the stable release MC's guide was based around is what the deadclan servers use and i think they at least allow the slay option with no problems :confused:

Tk forgive i'm pretty sure was ok overall, especially if you only want to permenantly ban manually. I wouldn't recommend the BAT one though given the problems i had, i'm sure i couldn't even control whether the vote thing that screwed things up took place, even in the config file, i was stuck with it on :/

I'm sure theres another admin mod around though if you need some similar features but don't want to try the mani beta.

starsky
4th May 2006, 02:30
Random noob question, is there some way that mani works on a listin server?

Dead Inside
4th May 2006, 10:35
It should work fine on a listenserver too as far as i'm aware.

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 11:29
For some reason, mani doesn't load when I try to run it on our Hidden server. I've run it on css, dod and hl2dm servers before without issues, but it doesn't even load on the Hidden one. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Edit: It says unable to load plugin when it starts up. I am using the HL2dm version, should I be using something else? I'm confused.

Dead Inside
4th May 2006, 11:53
Make sure you edited all the correct files and, especially if its a linux server, that permissions are set ok, i don't believe i've ever had to change permissions though.

In the stable version i believe theres a .vdf file to edit

In the source metamod beta version make sure the metaplugins.ini is correctly setup.

Check through MC's guide and make sure you've gone through all the steps.

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 13:46
That did it, thanks!