PDA

View Full Version : Mani Admin Plugin HELP!

F2O
27th March 2006, 02:42
Hello Fellow Hidden Players!
I am setting up a new public server, I noticed both of the DEADCLAN servers run Mani Admin Plugin - When I went to the website it has a D/L for CS SOurce, HL2 DM, and DOD Source, no Hidden :P , So first I tried the CS SOurce, then the HL2 DM, Neither worked. I unzipped all of the files correctly, they just wouldnt run the plugin when the server booted.

I was wondering if anyone with experience installing this could help me out,
Thanks

F2O
27th March 2006, 02:47
LOL, I found the answer on the forum about a minute after I posted this, works now!

Thanks to Virus your post from whenever ago, I had to change the .vdf file in the addons folder :-P

_eternity
26th May 2006, 13:28
hum could someone tell me how install mani plugin for hidden source dedicated server (linux).
I search on board without found any good explication, you were talkin about "Virus post" so i look for it but i can't found anything :/

many thanks

ps: excuse me if my english too bad, im french hidden:source user :p

_eternity
27th May 2006, 21:56
hum :( does anybody can help me? please

SkaveRat
28th May 2006, 00:53
Our serveradmin has managed it to get mani on a linux server. Maybe he can post a tutorial

af7ersh0ck
28th May 2006, 18:04
I've also noticed that the Deadclan's servers have the ability to kill/punish players. For some reason, ma_slay and/or slap does not work on mine...

Could you guys please post what you did to correct this? I'm geussing it's a couple changes within the gametypes.txt file.

Veon
28th May 2006, 18:36
I've also noticed that the Deadclan's servers have the ability to kill/punish players. For some reason, ma_slay and/or slap does not work on mine...

Could you guys please post what you did to correct this? I'm geussing it's a couple changes within the gametypes.txt file.
Type "admin" in the console, if this doesn't work. Then haven't set yourself as an admin.

_eternity
28th May 2006, 20:41
Our serveradmin has managed it to get mani on a linux server. Maybe he can post a tutorial

yes, he should do this :p
before im going crazy ^^

ThunderDan
29th May 2006, 23:08
The setup is exactly the same as any other mani-admin. I recommend starting with the hl2dm version. And the latest beta release (currently up to n)

You just need to modify the mani_admin_plugin.vdf - it's located in /hidden/addons

"Plugin"
{
"file" "../hidden/addons/mani_admin_plugin"
}

Also, make any modifications you'd like to the ../hidden/cfg/mani_server.cfg
Tk punishment, ranks, and voting are good to enable.

Some of the options don't work and should be disabled: any of the bomb punishments, freezing, and possibly others.

The other thing people tend to have difficulty with is adding admins.

You'll need to create a clients.txt file in the ../hidden/cfg/mani_admin_plugin directory. If you decided to use the none beta version there's and adminlist.txt file you just need to add a steamid to.
Put this in your clients.txt

"clients.txt"
{
// This key group lists all your client players
"players"
{
// This must be a unique client name
"Client_1"
{
// Client real name
"name" "Client_1"
// Admins SteamID
"steam" "STEAM_0:0:000000"
// These are personal admin flags for a client
"adminflags"
{
"flags1" "j k r q e m b s o a c p w z x y i l f t d g R B v V Q D C A E"
"flags2" "F G H I J K L M N O P S T U W X Y Z admin client pban spray grav"
}
}
}
}

Duplicate the blue area for each admin you add - making sure to adjust the bold text for each admin.

Hope this is helpful to you guys.

_eternity
30th May 2006, 12:36
ok I ll try this :cool:

:) thanks

_eternity
31st May 2006, 11:05
its working :)

many thanks :p

ThorGoLucky
13th June 2006, 00:13
Does this mean that I need to modify the mani admin .zip file so that it unzips into /hidden/ instead of /hl2mp/ ???

Thanks!

ThunderDan
13th June 2006, 06:12
yes - that will make your life easier.