PDA

View Full Version : How to pin people

captain_insano
26th March 2006, 21:23
hey i was wondering how do u pin people to stuff like walls if u are the 617.... ive seen people in servers and in screenshots...

if u know plz tell me :)

Cyborg
26th March 2006, 21:26
its a bit buggy.

take a corpse (either a pigstuck one or a full one)

press your use key (default= e)

pick it up. (keep trying untill you get it)

pounce and wallgrab onto a wall. (it wont work well if you dont wallgrab)

hit pigstick button while wallgrabbing.

enjoy.

(it is fun to hang full bodies, then pigstick them into tiny pieces later in front of iris members)

captain_insano
26th March 2006, 21:30
thx dude . its pretty funny to see peoples reactions ;)

Boxy
26th March 2006, 22:53
Fear not, picking up corpses is much easier in B3, only a matter of time....

starstriker1
26th March 2006, 23:25
So very much easier... its entirely possible to grab someone before they fall and make off with the body, and do that consistently. As it stands, it can be done, its just a bit reliant on luck.

'Course, it'd be even EASIER if the freaking weapon didn't get picked up first. Corpses have priority, damnit!

Cyborg
26th March 2006, 23:32
So very much easier... its entirely possible to grab someone before they fall and make off with the body, and do that consistently. As it stands, it can be done, its just a bit reliant on luck.

'Course, it'd be even EASIER if the freaking weapon didn't get picked up first. Corpses have priority, damnit!

that would be nice, corpses over guns. it would be funny to be able to pick up a gun, then throw it at an iris member to give them ammo. is that possible?

GIGAR
28th March 2006, 14:03
that would be nice, corpses over guns. it would be funny to be able to pick up a gun, then throw it at an iris member to give them ammo. is that possible?
You actully CAN do that...
But i requires 2 things:
1: A very good aming.
2: That the I.R.I.S. you trow the gun after, have the same weaon, and have reloaded once. :D

Gusdor
28th March 2006, 14:42
boxy is right, you can now catch bodies as they fall after a primary slash, its awesome fun.

Isolation
28th March 2006, 15:36
pounce and wallgrab onto a wall. (it wont work well if you dont wallgrab)

Nope. You can stick while standing. I do it all the time.

GIGAR
29th March 2006, 11:42
Nope. You can stick while standing. I do it all the time.
He didn't said that it didn't worked.
He only said, that it maybe would be easyer, if you where wallgrabbing :)

Payback
29th March 2006, 17:52
He didn't said that it didn't worked.
He only said, that it maybe would be easyer, if you where wallgrabbing :)

Truth. I only ever pin by wallgrabbing because otherwise you "miss" too many times for my liking. Wallgrabbing gives you a 100% success rate.

MiasmicAnomie
29th March 2006, 18:16
I only ever pin by wallgrabbing because otherwise you "miss" too many times for my liking. Wallgrabbing gives you a 100% success rate.

I've found it's pretty easy to pin w/out wallgrabbing if you pounce parallel to what you want to pin to, and turn to face the surface and pin mid-pounce. I do that in discovery a fair amount.

Getting a pin without grabbing when pouncing perpendicular to the pin surface, that is a lot, lot harder, but can still be done. (I think my success rate trying that is like 1 in 5, vs. 4 in 5 doing it with a parallel pounce)