PDA

View Full Version : Black openning screen

vcmnky
25th March 2006, 04:38
Everytime I start the application all I get is a blank screen. I know it works cause I moved my cursor around and I heard the highlight noise that HL2 and CSS make. I know its called HIDDEN but can't I at least see the menu screen.

Payback
25th March 2006, 05:39
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Other than that, I dunno.

One thing that might work as a temporary solution is to pull up the Server list in Steam, put the filter on Hidden, and jump directly into a server. Doing that should kick you right into the game and you won't have to click anything in the menus. Hopefully that can be a temporary fix until someone who knows their stuff can tell you how to fix it for real.

e-freak
22nd April 2006, 15:05
that is an error occuring due to resolution problems.

goto the registry (start->perform->regedit) and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Valve -> Source -> HarddiskHiddenIsInstalledOn -> PathHiddenIsInstalledIn -> Hidden -> Settings -> Screen Height to 800 (dezimal) and ScreenWidth to 600 (dezimal)

The Problem is Hidden is figuring out your system config and may detected a slow graphics card. the theoretical perfect resolution maybe 572*342 for your system but as source is bound to some hardsetted resolutions this will occure the blackscreen graphicbug.

a friend of mine had this yesterday on a lansession there we were not able to start hidden in lan - one of the things i detected was this - he could start and play but it didn't work in lan - someone an idea?