PDA

View Full Version : Easy Targeting the Hidden on a x1600

hutch
22nd March 2006, 23:00
Im not sure if anyone else hase this *prob* but for somereason its fairly easy to spot the hidden on my vid card, while he isnt obviosly visable he is very "see able?" while in the shadows. Ill post a pick to see if this is the way he is supposed to be of if he has problems witha a PS3.0 card.
Wither way i love this mod :)
--
EDIT I am used to playing on a Geforce fx5600, with a much lower PS version. maybe im just used to a morelimited shader?

M_C
22nd March 2006, 23:04
A picture would help. You might try updating vid drivers if they're old.

Sonic
22nd March 2006, 23:31
huh, that's a first.

hutch
23rd March 2006, 05:08
finally pics!
first a cropped version
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1003/cropped4sv.jpg
and the whole one
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4295/whole1bz.jpg
is that normal and ive just been missing out?
or is that more than normal?

Cyborg
23rd March 2006, 05:12
that is the epiphany of hidden viewage.

M_C
23rd March 2006, 05:29
Which means, that's fine. That's one of the easiest bg's to see the hidden. Normal. ;)

Payback
23rd March 2006, 06:13
Did you change any graphics settings? I find it a lot easier to see the Hidden when running texture detail at high and turning AA on. This is because it makes the backgrounds more detailed so you notice the distortion more easily than when textures are more blurred/less detailed.

hutch
23rd March 2006, 06:20
way!
ok i was just wondering because all i got on my oldish card was a lil blur

Viper114
23rd March 2006, 06:34
That's how he's supposed to appear. Like a shimmering heat wave (like the ones you see on a road on a hot day).

Be glad you can see him like that. As I'm stuck on DX Level 7.0, he's nothing more than a very faint gray shape, even with High Shaders and brightness at highest. Can't wait to get a better desktop that can handle at least 8.0 easily.

TeH_Jok3r
11th April 2006, 19:21
I cant see him, i used the CFG and put the DX level line and nothing happens. if someone knows how to fix that please tell me. Im using a Geforce MX 4000 ( i know this card is bad and dont have any pixel shaders but theres must be something i can do)

Gusdor
11th April 2006, 19:34
10 days working mcdonalds will buy me a 7800GT .Assuming you can only work weekends that is 5 weeks. Factor in a bit of expendature and this maybe goes up to six / seven weeks?

If you are running on a card that cries when someone's sneese faintly resembles the words "pixel shaders" then there is only one thing you can do. Get a job :D I worked long and hard to afford my rig and you know what. Playing with it is so much more satisfying this way

Ging
11th April 2006, 19:49
( i know this card is bad and dont have any pixel shaders but theres must be something i can do)

There is, get a new card...

Sonic
11th April 2006, 21:57
There is, get a new card...

Until you get a new card, use some headphones and listen for him. It IS possible to kill him that way. Plus, you have the bragging rights to "I killed the Hidden with my eyes closed."

hutch
11th April 2006, 22:33
Until you get a new card, use some headphones and listen for him. It IS possible to kill him that way. Plus, you have the bragging rights to "I killed the Hidden with my eyes closed."
i was used to play on a radon 7000
so i got used to playing with no visual que and got good with sound. it will help you even after you get a good card

TeH_Jok3r
12th April 2006, 00:52
T_T...i cant afford a new card until next month
until then i'll keep playing blind.

thanks anyway

like dutch says in predator: if it bleeds, we can kill it

majesticmerc
12th April 2006, 01:20
Get out of my Signature lol

Yeah unfortunately for old cards the Hidden is near impossible to see. One of my friends has a Geforce 3, and all he gets is half a hidden outline in a very transparent grey, and he relies pretty much all on his headphones.

Viper wrote this guide (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3560) for those having trouble.

Getting a new video card is definitely the best (although most expensive) option, although saying that, I'm running it on medium settings on a Geforce 6600 (around the 100 mark) and can see the hidden very nicely, in a heatwavey miragey kind of way. So you don't have to push the boat out pricewise, my card can handle most everything that gets thrown at it (This, FEAR, CoD2, strangely not Rollercoaster Tycoon 3).

TeH_Jok3r
12th April 2006, 04:23
I already made all of the guide but nothing happens...
sorry about your signature XD

Million Knives
12th April 2006, 05:27
I'm actually only running an fx5700 nVidia card, and I can see him just fine. I'd put it at equal to or about Teh Joker's screenshot - I just suck at tracking him. If he holds still or paces back and forth in an area, I can usually peg him pretty good, but if he's leaping all around (as pan has habit to do) I'm dead. Mostly I've gotten used to almost a peripheral vision thing; if it moves, and isn't IRIS, I shoot at it.

hutch
12th April 2006, 11:51
I'm actually only running an fx5700 nVidia card, and I can see him just fine. I'd put it at equal to or about Teh Joker's screenshot - I just suck at tracking him. If he holds still or paces back and forth in an area, I can usually peg him pretty good, but if he's leaping all around (as pan has habit to do) I'm dead. Mostly I've gotten used to almost a peripheral vision thing; if it moves, and isn't IRIS, I shoot at it.
what screen shot

majesticmerc
12th April 2006, 19:56
I already made all of the guide but nothing happens...
sorry about your signature XD

Strange, seems a new graphics card would be the next route of action then, just remember that you don't have to pay over the odds :)

p.s. I was kidding about the sig for the record, I just forgot to put a smiley in :p.

Lord Al
13th April 2006, 10:13
I could see him easier on my fx5200 (used it to replace my geforce 4 for a while :P) the steam and the hidden looked so much different on my 7300GS OC. now im always walking in to the hidden :(

Usagi244
16th April 2006, 02:34
ah, i am blessed and cursed with the hidden

when im I.R.I.S. i can plainly see Hidden as a black model
when im Hidden i cant see anything but my swirly crosshair and the HUD stuff, all else is black

Ging
16th April 2006, 02:40
update your video drivers and let us know if that sorts it.