PDA

View Full Version : Spectator View Problem

Viper114
21st March 2006, 23:00
I've noticed that when I view through the Spectator mode, the I.R.I.S members sometimes keep appearing and disappearing from view when they move around to certain parts of the map that are seen through the Spectator cameras. Any reason why?

Sonic
22nd March 2006, 00:02
This has been noticed, but I don't remember what the Devs said about it. I THINK they said it'd be fixed.

Payback
22nd March 2006, 17:59
This has been noticed, but I don't remember what the Devs said about it. I THINK they said it'd be fixed.

& we get first person cams in the beta 3. Joy!

Jah Ith Ber
22nd March 2006, 20:29
Yess I'd love to have first person views. (Although the camera view is still awsome too. :p)

Cyborg
23rd March 2006, 04:21
dissapearing iris members has to do with visleafs. where you died while as a marine stays your current visleaf, so if you get too far away from it on the spec cameras, the engine will not draw marines, props, etc. visleafs are a way of saving system resources, as your computer will not draw textures or materials that are not visible from your visleaf. for further explination, enter this console command while playing

mat_leafvis 1

^ the above draws your current visleaf in game, quite distracting!.

Viper114
23rd March 2006, 04:40
But this also happens when the I.R.I.S members are RIGHT near the camera. I've noticed that this usually happens when the members enter different areas of the map (that correspond to the area name change in the bottom of the HUD when playing).

Cyborg
23rd March 2006, 04:42
the game considers your current visleaf where you died. if you view a camera in the area you died them things will be visible.

Viper114
23rd March 2006, 04:49
Ah, I get it. So, if I use that cvar, then it should allow me to see everything through the spectator cameras?

Cyborg
23rd March 2006, 04:51
no, its just a fun command.

do NOT type in the command

mat_norender 1

trust me.

HeLLsLaYer
23rd March 2006, 06:50
Yess I'd love to have first person views. (Although the camera view is still awsome too. :p)

You played alot of Diablo-2, right?... Jah Ith Ber = Enigma :p

edit°
23rd March 2006, 13:46
I remember ITH hacked swords, they were bloody rediculous :p