PDA

View Full Version : Hlsw

K. GoBlin
21st March 2006, 21:00
Does anyone use HLSW to monitor their servers? I've noticed that I can't Get Log on any of my mod servers. Anyone else have this issue or better yet, have a workaround?

deadscott
21st March 2006, 23:20
We've been using HLSW ver 1.0.0.47. Sometimes the get log [internet] seems not to work, but then the get log [lan] works. Then the next time its vise versa. I know its weird but either one or the other work usually.

Just for your info, its a win colocated box. We use remote desktop and hlsw.

Lost
21st March 2006, 23:24
Sadly i'm also having this issue, along with a VAC problem for the hidden servers, hl2mp seems fine off the same install :mad:

The HLSW problem is discussed here (http://www.hlsw.org/forum/thread.php?threadid=137&sid=65d03e29c9611e5f5192206031830399)

I posted under my normal alias of DeadInside in that thread if your after my specific info. Incase i haven't mentioned in that post we run on Linux, although its a fairly old distro but everythings worked fine before.

At the moment it looks like the last steam update may have broken things a bit. :(

EDIT: in that post theres a link to the steam forums with talk of a rollback to try and fix things, i've not tried it nor am i that keen on trying it, i'll probably wait for a beta release instead.

K. GoBlin
22nd March 2006, 02:52
We've been using HLSW ver 1.0.0.47. Sometimes the get log [internet] seems not to work, but then the get log [lan] works. Then the next time its vise versa. I know its weird but either one or the other work usually.

Just for your info, its a win colocated box. We use remote desktop and hlsw.
Yeah that used to work back with my CS server doing that every now and again, but it has yet to work with any of my mod servers. It's like the server's not sending back the decalfrequency command to HLSW.
Yeah I use Firedaemon so I don't have a console up, everything runs as a service.