PDA

View Full Version : How do i...?

IamwatchingU
18th March 2006, 06:30
Create an autoexec or config file (not sure which one im supposed to) that saves commands like mat_specular 0, fps_max 60, mat_dxlevel 90, mat_bumpmap 0?

Please tell me in detail as i've made autoexec.cfg files and altered my current config files, but neither one seems to work... do i need to make it Read-only, Archive and how do i make sure it is .cfg and not saved as .txt? (im using wordpad to make the files!) Also do i need to copy everything from my config file and paste it into my autoexec... also if i make a new config file (which i havent done have just been altering my current one so far...) do i need to delete my old one?

I AM SUCH ON FOR T3H CONFUSINGZ HELPz0R M3 m4d 1337 4dm1n d3v h4x0r n00bc4k3s!!1!!1!one!1!1!!1!!1!!! 1 h4h4h4!

Edit: edited some mispelled words...

neebo
18th March 2006, 07:10
Well its probably not a good idea to turn those off to begin with. As you would never ever see 617

IamwatchingU
18th March 2006, 10:40
i've figured out how to turn them off and yes, im certain i still see the hidden. Bumptextures and specular do nothing to hinder me from seeing the hidden b/c the shaders and lighting of the area is what helps me to see him.

Edit: I'm pretty sure i was putting waaaaay too many commands in the autoexec files. (i.e. copy all the commands from the config, paste THEN add in the commands i wanted) Not sure why i was doing that, but it's fixed now i only put the necessary commands in the .cfg file now and my choke/fps/ping all seem to be doing slighltly... but only slightly better atm.

Donat
18th March 2006, 16:00
This is a question a dev must answer

Ging
18th March 2006, 16:29
he's solved it, what question is there to answer?

Cyborg
18th March 2006, 16:45
i play with bumpmap turned off. it makes everything shiny, but i get a 20 fps boost. i desperately need that, and i still can see the hidden. if i got a new rig i would probably be a hidden spotting haxor. (except for kitty and all thems.)

IamwatchingU
18th March 2006, 17:38
for some reason everything was only shiny when i would turn it off in-game, but when i turn'd it off in the autoexec file and log into the game (also check to make sure mat_bumpmap is actually off or "0".) nothing is shiny, but you can see a "difference" not sure how to explain it... it just makes stuff look slightly unnoticably less realistic. I think bump-mapping is something that makes the textures look "bumpy" like how stuff looks in RL, i.e. what i mean is rocks for example... would have tiny bumps on them with it turned on, but off they would appear just smooth textured.

Payback
18th March 2006, 21:12
for some reason everything was only shiny when i would turn it off in-game, but when i turn'd it off in the autoexec file and log into the game (also check to make sure mat_bumpmap is actually off or "0".) nothing is shiny, but you can see a "difference" not sure how to explain it... it just makes stuff look slightly unnoticably less realistic. I think bump-mapping is something that makes the textures look "bumpy" like how stuff looks in RL, i.e. what i mean is rocks for example... would have tiny bumps on them with it turned on, but off they would appear just smooth textured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_mapping

IamwatchingU
20th March 2006, 11:44
w00t online encyclopedia ftw! :P ugh... as you can plainly see you can still SEE teh sphere and having bump mapping on doesnt help you see it better... (if the sphere were the hidden!)