PDA

View Full Version : Rcon

gamer-ai001
17th March 2006, 14:16
I have Installt a Hidden B2a server and i become to run the server(incl the Update), i can connect but i can´t recon the server :(, can everyone give me the right server command to turn the rcon on in the config or Start Commands.

/i inser rcon_password xxx but nothing happen.

// i hope everyone understand because i am germany and my Englisch is verry bad :P

Donat
17th March 2006, 15:41
Don't worry too much. Beta 3 is going to be relased this week end.

deadscott
17th March 2006, 16:08
In your hidden/cfg folder is a file called server.cfg. Open this file with notepad or any word editor. Find, add or change the line:

rcon_password yourpassword

where "yourpassword" is whatever you want. Add your password and SAVE the server.cfg.

RESTART THE SERVER
Enter your server and open your console, type:

rcon_password yourpassword

Hit enter. If somethings wrong you will get a "bad rcon password" error. If you do not see an error, you now have rcon of your server. To use it always prefex your commands with rcon. If you want to change the map the command is changelevel. With the prefex rcon. So if you wanted to change the map to traindepot, after you entered your rcon password the command would be:

rcon changelevel hdn_traindepot

You have to enter your rcon password after every map change or server restart. Here is a list to some of the server commands:
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Server_Commands

A very usefull tool that allows rcon from outside the server is hlsw. It also uses the rcon password for access. It comes in an English or German version. It can be found here:
http://www.hlsw.de/

Magyc_mrmcl
12th September 2006, 16:39
hello i cant acces to the console (i don't find the key or ?)

sorry fo my bad english i m french:)

waRp^
12th September 2006, 17:01
hello i cant acces to the console (i don't find the key or ?)

sorry fo my bad english i m french:)

its the ½ button under the escape button. if that dont work put these commands in your cfg.

bind "\" "toggleconsole"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"

Daedalus
12th September 2006, 17:33
You bumped a 6 month old thread posting a question unrelated to the thread! Congrats!

Magyc_mrmcl
13th September 2006, 19:41
its the ½ button under the escape button. if that dont work put these commands in your cfg.

bind "\" "toggleconsole"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"

thats doesn t waork :(

DarkFlemy
11th June 2009, 05:11
Yea I had the same problem because of my french keyboard.

1.change your keyboard language to English
2.In your STEAM menu, in your game list, rightclick on Hidden Source and choose properties. Click Set launch Option and type "-console". Accept
3. It should work,(it did for me)
4. Now bind a key like F9 with -console

------------------------------
Mouais j'avais le même problème à cause de mon clavier français.

1.change la langue de ton clavier pour l'Anglais.
2.Ouvre STEAM, dans ta liste de jeu, clique droit sur "Hidden Source" et clique "propriétés". Clique sur "option de chargement" (ou quelque chose comme ça) et écrit "-console". Accepte.
3.Ça devrait marcher...comme ça l'a fait pour moi
4.Maintenant dans ta console, utilise la commande "Bind" et attache une touche comme F9 à la console

ça devrait fonctionner!

^^

Ging
11th June 2009, 12:13
way to revive a 3 year old thread! :D

Digit*
11th June 2009, 18:35
I can literally smell the fail here...

DarkFlemy
12th June 2009, 01:26
Lol yea sorry :P I'm French too, so my english sux xD