PDA

View Full Version : Hidden CVARS

K. GoBlin
13th March 2006, 04:32
Hello, I'm new to the community. I've tried doing a search through your forums, but I haven't found anything other than hdn_hiddenrounds.
Can someone list all the pertinent Hidden:Source CVARS, including non-hidden specific CVARS like mp_timelimit. I know some mods have their own CVAR for ones already established by Valve. Thanks for your help!

deadscott
13th March 2006, 05:56
Welcome!

Below are the hdn specific cvars I know of, there may be more. I've added friendlyfire as most clients seem to prefer it on.

hdn_hiddenrounds - maximum number of rounds a player can consecutively be the hidden.

hdn_deathnotices - 0 turns off all but tk's and suicides, 1 turns all death messages on.

hdn_deathwait - time between respawns in overrun (tripled for suicides).

hdn_survival - length of time a marine must survive at the end.

mp_friendlyfire 1/0 - standard, but added 2 which enables a "mirror" damage
effect.

Heres a link to all srcds console commands, not all of them are for servers and not all work with HS. Explore.

http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Console_Commands

K. GoBlin
13th March 2006, 15:40
Thanks for the info!
Do you know what the maptime cvar is for HS?
mp_timelimit?

deadscott
13th March 2006, 21:33
Yep, mp_timelimit controls the map time.

edit°
13th March 2006, 21:35
Welcome to the forum, servers and their hosts are always welcome :D

Boxy
13th March 2006, 21:50
Thanks for the info!
Do you know what the maptime cvar is for HS?
mp_timelimit?

I thought that it was mp_roundtime, but I could be wrong, I'm thick me....

K. GoBlin
13th March 2006, 22:48
Thanks, good to be here. I'm trying to expand our community into the mod community, but so few have put up the goods. Looks like 4th quarter of 2006 is gonna be a busy time of year. :p
Just out of curiousity, is there a maxplayers cap? I assumed 10 since I counted 9 IRIS members and of course the Hidden.
Also does mp_allowspectators work? I noticed the fixed cams were turned on, and as much as that adds to the overall creepiness of the Hidden, it ain't much fun for the guy that dies 10 seconds into the new round. ;)
While I'm on a question roll, what are good settings for these CVARS?

hdn_deathwait - time between respawns in overrun (tripled for suicides).

hdn_survival - length of time a marine must survive at the end.

Demented
13th March 2006, 22:52
Actually 8 IRIS. Nine players, one with each IRIS head, one player being the hidden at any one time. It allows players to keep each of the heads to themselves, avoiding confusing and unnecessary shuffling of skins.

starstriker1
14th March 2006, 03:08
Yeah. The max players are 9. Any more in the game will simply be relegated to spectator mode. However, if you have a reserved slot system, feel free to set the server to 10.