PDA

View Full Version : console error i get every time i play???

dav_
12th March 2006, 11:35
Hi im new to this so im not sure if its just me or everyone...

I always get this error in the console (in red) when i run hidden

"
Error: Material "engine/occlusionproxy" uses unknown shader "Occlusion"
"

I have no idea what it means, but i cannot see the hidden at all, even in the tutorial? My gfx card is a Geforce2 mx400 64mb (old i know..), 2.4ghz pentium 512mb ram. can anybody help??? :confused:

Thanks

Dav :eek:

Night Raider
12th March 2006, 13:03
You've got an ancient rig there :eek:

You should really upgrade, since you won't get the best out of the mod. And when you get it to work just remember, the Hidden isn't supposed to be black.

GIGAR
12th March 2006, 13:07
1: Try to update your drivers.
2: Try to set the glamma to maximum, and see if it changes anything.
3: I will recommend you to get a new grapisc card... (I only have 1,8 ghz processer and i'm using a GeForce 6200 TurpoCache, and i don't have, and never had, any problems of seeing the hidden.(In the right way ofcourse, i don't cheat :D))

dav_
12th March 2006, 13:53
thanks for the help, looks like ill need to get a new card :( Have been planning to get one for two years now anyway :o Any recommendations on something midrange that'll last me about two years? Thanks

Masterpod
12th March 2006, 14:03
thanks for the help, looks like ill need to get a new card :( Have been planning to get one for two years now anyway :o Any recommendations on something midrange that'll last me about two years? Thanks

Im assuming you have an AGP Motherboard? If that is the case then it's going to be hard to find something midrange that'll last you two years. But what i'd recommend is to look into a geforce 6600 (agp version... a 256mb one would be good too)

Don't know if the 7600's are good... havent checked into them, but they could possibly be a good purchase too (If they are AGP)

Night Raider
12th March 2006, 14:04
Maybe an X800XL, since they usually spank the 6600.

Masterpod
12th March 2006, 14:05
Maybe an X800XL, since they usually spank the 6600.

Since when is an x800xl Midrange? :p

Night Raider
12th March 2006, 14:21
Finally: You absolutely GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR in the computer market. If something is cheap, there is a damn good reason: it sucks.
Taken from another thread. And the X800XL is midrange since the X1800 came out :D

dav_
12th March 2006, 15:05
so everyone definately thinks this is upto my graphics card???

M_C
12th March 2006, 16:02
Your current vid card is worth about 9.99, upgrade it. How many people need to tell you?

dav_
12th March 2006, 16:28
Your current vid card is worth about 9.99, upgrade it. How many people need to tell you?

sorry if i offended you m_c ??? :confused: thanks for everyones help :) ill be buying a new card asap

edit°
12th March 2006, 16:41
Welcome to the forum btw ;)

dav_
12th March 2006, 16:53
:) thank you edit, (think i saw you in a game earlier.) gonna go play now and cry about not seeing the hidden :D

Night Raider
12th March 2006, 17:02
sorry if i offended you m_c ??? :confused: thanks for everyones help :) ill be buying a new card asap
Don't worry, that's juts his way of saying that yes, you need a new videocard.

M_C
12th March 2006, 17:09
Why would I be offended because you have an old vid card and need approval? Just upgrade it and enjoy the game so we can kill you. :D