PDA

View Full Version : JIMMEH glass bug on executive...

M_C
8th March 2006, 01:51
While messing around, looking for jimmeh, waiting for more players join, I discovered that jimmeh IS magic and can fly through glass and bot's heads without damage to either. This works on either a dedicated or a listening server.

http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/itsnotatumor.jpg
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/jimmeh-bug.dem
http://www.gtonet.net/~mc/jimmeh-bug-test2.dem

Enjoy...

Ging
8th March 2006, 01:54
bots are dodgy with physics objects - they're physics collision hull doesn't update properly so objects often seem to go through them, if the bot "snaps" to a location than you can generally hit it with objects properly.

jimmeh may have gone through the glass due to his collision type, if he's setup as debris, he'll go through it (same way ragdolls do)

M_C
8th March 2006, 02:08
OK, if we cant call it a bug can we call it an easter egg? I'm just trying to have fun here. :D

khu
8th March 2006, 02:49
Fun??? Listen, answering threads in a forum called Bugs / Issues isn't our idea of fun! Now STOP it or I'm going to make a special radio phrase for IRIS that says "I'm a big smeghead' that will play when you (and only you) try to use the radio.

:p

M_C
8th March 2006, 02:57
Look, you can call it a bug if you want, man, the bear does fly through glass and bots. It's not like I demanded that it be fixed for b3 or anything. What if I don't use the radio? :D

Ging
8th March 2006, 03:01
Are you still carrying jimmeh in that picture? Cos we turn off collision on objects that you're carrying so you don't hit them as you move (it was a right nightmare) - you can try that with any object you're carrying and it'll pass right through people.

Kitty_Loaf
8th March 2006, 03:01
JIMMAH IS THE PWNERS!!

Too bad you didn't give him the ability to talk like one of those odd talking dolls... you should do that just to freak people out! throw it and say "I LOVE YOU!" or "I like hugs!" that'd sure stir up the iris members XD

starstriker1
8th March 2006, 03:04
Actually, a crazy, high-pitched, synthesized cackle would be disturbingly appropriate to the theme of the mod.

M_C
8th March 2006, 03:14
Are you still carrying jimmeh in that picture? Cos we turn off collision on objects that you're carrying so you don't hit them as you move (it was a right nightmare) - you can try that with any object you're carrying and it'll pass right through people.
Yeah, I was still holding it, I don't usually carry much as the hidden so I didn't know. That explains the tumor at least. ;)

Kitty_Loaf
8th March 2006, 03:16
Actually, a crazy, high-pitched, synthesized cackle would be disturbingly appropriate to the theme of the mod.

It would allow the hidden to scare the marines with real voice like stuff XD i think that would be scarier than a growl from a hidden XD

khu
8th March 2006, 03:20
How do you synthesize a cackle :(

M_C
8th March 2006, 03:21
With a cackle synthesizer?

Kitty_Loaf
8th March 2006, 03:41
timmah the bear "Why don't you love me, i want to be your freind!" XD that would be so fun i would seek out timmah every map! XD

Isolation
8th March 2006, 04:42
For fans of the Simpsons (or Tickle Me Elmo's... you perverts), I propose Jimmeh say the following in an uber-cute voice:

"Kill Everyone!"

M_C
8th March 2006, 04:52
For fans of the Simpsons (or Tickle Me Elmo's... you perverts), I propose Jimmeh say the following in an uber-cute voice:

"Kill Everyone!"
"Ahh, here's your problem, this thing's set to EVIL!" ;)