PDA

View Full Version : Bans And The Graveyards

deadscott
27th February 2006, 04:05
Hi, I'm Scott, the Server Op. for the DEADCLAN. As such I'm the one who handles bans and general settings for our Graveyard Servers.

I WILL NOT ban someone from our servers without proof of abuse or cheating.

You may provide me with proof with a demo or the server name, date and time of the offence. I can then check the logs.

Bannable offences are:

Racial, Sexual or Religious abuse, "this includes chat!", or cheating in any form.

The #1 best way to reach me is PM me or post at our forums at WWW.DEADCLAN.COM

The #2 way is PM me here.

If YOU have been banned and feel it unjust, contact me. There are two sides to every story and I will listen to your side. If you truly cheated don't bother as I will have a demo you will need to explain first.

Scott

Kitty_Loaf
27th February 2006, 05:04
Maybe ging will sticky this, since your server is the most populated one (or it seems as much)

The Laughing Man
13th April 2006, 12:39
I tend to record my adventures in deadclan alot, so ill see who i can catch.

OneShot
7th June 2006, 22:58
this may be a stupid question but since i an rather new to the hidden community ill ask any way. how do you "record chat or any type of abuse because i have no idea how to please help cause i have had some probs on deadclan and did not know the proper avenues to take for help THANKS

SilverDogg
7th June 2006, 23:01
to record a demo simply go to console and write "record name" (witout the "")
to stop the record simply write "stop" in console (without "")

OneShot
7th June 2006, 23:09
Thanks Alot Silver Dogg I Really Apprieciate It

miteyMite
26th August 2006, 17:36
Is there an unofficial list of abusive players somewhere I could get ahold of or perhaps a popular servers admin could share his ban list with me via PM?

Just in the last 15 minutes I've banned 4 players from my server that couldn't stop TKing. :mad: I was hoping that by applying a list of known abusive players I could stop this from happening so often.

I'm really not too worried about misbanning a few people either to be honest... I couldn't care less.

Scuzzy
26th August 2006, 21:33
Is there an unofficial list of abusive players somewhere I could get ahold of or perhaps a popular servers admin could share his ban list with me via PM?

Just in the last 15 minutes I've banned 4 players from my server that couldn't stop TKing. :mad: I was hoping that by applying a list of known abusive players I could stop this from happening so often.

I'm really not too worried about misbanning a few people either to be honest... I couldn't care less.

http://www.oldtimersclan.com/ot_hiddentkers.php

Ones with "(Hidden Forum)" were ones that had proof in these forums. There is a link for a straight CFG file, the rest have proof posted on the page.

Scuzzy

miteyMite
31st August 2006, 21:38
Thank you very much.

FreePointz
15th July 2007, 16:37
Hey! I tried joining the DEADCLAN Graveyard 1 server today and I got an "illegal allias" folled by a "banned steam account 0:0:2390338". I don't recall playing on your server recently so I tried your website link but the domain has expired. If you can tell me the reason why my ID, 2390338, has been banned please tell me. I have never cheated, abused anyone, or have provided an excuse to be banned from an online server to date, so I don't understand this. :(

The user names I play under:
MeatShield
303 Addict
FreePointz
FreePantz

I am posting this because some of my clan buddies play on your server and your server has a nice ping for me. Redirect me if this is the wrong place to post.

Cheesey
15th July 2007, 16:45
This forum has the ability to SEARCH certain topics... USE IT

Try this... (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7828)

FreePointz
15th July 2007, 16:52
Heh, I already know about that. I am running 215, works on the OT server and FNFC. I can't really search for my ban and www.deadclan.com is down. Is Deadclan a 220 server? My friend is running 215 and he is currently playing on the server, so I didn't think 215 was a problem.

Isolation
15th July 2007, 19:43
Deadclan is indeed a 220 server. The ban was only for one minute, so you just need to make a second shotcut for HS that uses the 220 appid rather than 215 and you can go play.

FreePointz
15th July 2007, 21:07
Thanks iso, should have tried that first. I thought I had actually gotten banned for once. Now I have another server to play on with less than 150 ping. :D

starstriker1
17th July 2007, 02:10
Did Deadclan recently change? I got this error today, but I've regularily played there in the past.

FreePointz
20th July 2007, 16:34
Yah actually same thing happened again even though 220 was working a couple days ago. I get the same error, so far I have tried vanilla, 220, and 215.

OhSnap
17th August 2007, 21:24
Just to let deadclan know, whoever "Yellow" is you need to watch him abusing his admin powers. He was purposely burning the hidden and shooting everyone with the 303, and also slapping or w/e it is to people. This is pretty much the only good server on the hidden and it's sad to see your mods acting in such a way. He also banned me I believe so if you could lift it that would be great.

Isolation
18th August 2007, 04:22
If you're the same OhSnap as this one: STEAM_0:0:9319878, it makes me wonder if said "admin" was indeed abusing any powers...

Zabiela
18th August 2007, 04:36
Is there a thread related to that iso?

And yeah, Deadclan needs to clean up their server :(

OhSnap
18th August 2007, 04:44
If you're the same OhSnap as this one: STEAM_0:0:9319878, it makes me wonder if said "admin" was indeed abusing any powers...

uhh no clue what "STEAM_0:0:9319878" is? And yeah purposely turning everyone who becomes hidden on fire isn't abusing or anything, its part of the game, and then shooting others with the 303 and slapping them if they retaliate back, that must be part of the game too.

IamwatchingU
21st August 2007, 19:32
Please use the *sarcasm on* emote when usin' sarcasm as it is hard as hell to tell for us on the net with text and all, i can't hear the strain in your voice, etc. etc.

Also not sure why, but im perma-banned from both Old Timers and Deadclan now, oh well, there's like 5-6 other american servers and if i get banned from all of those i still have the 50 laggy euro servers even if i won't understand a word they say... i can still own them :p