PDA

View Full Version : exploit

renegade
23rd February 2006, 03:41
i dont know whether to post here since you say only bugs, but i found a exploit that should be brought to your attention, if you dont already have knowledge of it...

I dont want to post it here, because then people might start using it and the game will become not fun for the people in the hidden source community. ill PM it to the support/development team so that you guy can fix it so people cannot use the exploit. just PM me.

starstriker1
23rd February 2006, 04:15
PM it to Ging.

renegade
23rd February 2006, 05:47
thank you. i will do that tomorrow because it is late here. i also took a couple of screenshots of it, because i tested it out to check whether it was an actualy exploit or something some guy made up to screw with people. i hope this gets fixed so that people cannot do it when the next beta comes out or the full release... whichever is first...

Night Raider
23rd February 2006, 12:43
I don't get it. You make a new thread for an exploit but you don't post it here. You're intelligent enough to PM it to a dev, but you still make a new thread with no information whatsoever? Why make the thread in the first place?

edit°
23rd February 2006, 12:49
I don't get it. You make a new thread for an exploit but you don't post it here. You're intelligent enough to PM it to a dev, but you still make a new thread with no information whatsoever? Why make the thread in the first place?

qfe

Prometheus
23rd February 2006, 15:46
He learnt who to send it to with this thread.

renegade
23rd February 2006, 17:06
I wanted to learn who to send it to, and i did not post the exploit just in case people started using it and ruining the game for the rest of us... i am addicted to this game, so i dont want to play it with a bunch of exploiters/hackers... i want it to be fair and fun...

M_C
23rd February 2006, 17:32
I think what Night Raider meant was that you could have given vague info because it might help others spot it or it might be a known problem and you could save time. I was thinking something like that myself.

BTW, if the screenshot doesn't explain HOW to do it, you could post that in public too, I'd imagine.

Ging
23rd February 2006, 19:37
He's let me know - it's a dirty 'sploit that the core engine shouldn't even let happen but we'll see what we can do about it! (in fact, I'm not even sure what the command does, it just breaks stuff)

M_C
23rd February 2006, 19:58
So, if it's a command, then VAC should be able to pick it up once they know about it, right?

Boxy
23rd February 2006, 20:22
It is foul, absolutely foul! I cant believe something like that is so open, its just dirty. Fingers crossed we sort something out to combat it double time. Who found this out in the very first place? What lengths people go to to cheat and hack, it beggers belief sometimes... :confused:

Demented
23rd February 2006, 20:56
o.O

Okay, Boxy's convinced me that whatever it is, it's rediculously silly.
But if it gets rid of the HUD, I want it. Die HUD, DiE!

Isolation
23rd February 2006, 21:16
The "outcry" over this makes me wonder what it is...

If anyone wants to PM me, feel free to.

Demented
23rd February 2006, 21:20
It's probably just yet another thing that lets you see the hidden somehow.

One of these days Valve needs to go over their console commands and carefully check off each and every one to see if it can be abused.

Isolation
23rd February 2006, 23:12
I don't want to know how it's done, I just want to know WHAT it is so I can look for it on servers. It's kinda hard to seperate the players from the cheaters if we don't know what to look for.

Boxy
23rd February 2006, 23:35
If they do this then they will murder 617 everytime, think of it as another black hidden type of cheat. That is all.

Sidenote, if you hate the hud that much ( :( ) you can remove it with cl_showhud 0, or that might be cl_drawhud 0. Try 'em, one will sort you out...

Cyborg
24th February 2006, 02:03
If they do this then they will murder 617 everytime, think of it as another black hidden type of cheat. That is all.

Sidenote, if you hate the hud that much ( :( ) you can remove it with cl_showhud 0, or that might be cl_showhud 0. Try 'em, one will sort you out...

ehh..... you said cl_showhud 0 twice.

i had to read it five times until i understood it was a typo.

Cyborg
24th February 2006, 02:04

grr nightraider, you are a jerk! how does it feel to actually be WRONG about whether or not a thread should be made? ;)

Boxy
24th February 2006, 20:22
ehh..... you said cl_showhud 0 twice.

i had to read it five times until i understood it was a typo.

Fixed... :p

Ging
24th February 2006, 20:24
it's draw, not show :p

Demented
24th February 2006, 20:40
And it's a cheat!! This has been said before.
cl_drawhud doesn't work in multiplayer unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

*sobs*

Cyborg
25th February 2006, 23:10
im really wondering what this console command is....

its a...

mat_
cl_
sv_

ME MUST KNOW!!!!

and if i ever found a server with cheats on 1.... mat_wireframe 1 ftw baby.

(please know its almost impossible to play with that on, cant even tell who is who. just a joke. dont ban.)

The.ViruS
25th February 2006, 23:17
cl_ is Client, sv_ is server, mp_ is multiplayer and im guessing mat_ is something to do with how the game is rendered or shown.(Please correct me if im wrong for the mat_ as im sure I am.

Cyborg
25th February 2006, 23:18
yes,

mat_ has to do with rendering, which is why i assume it is either mat_

or one without any prefix.

try mat_norender 1 and see what happens :p

Demented
26th February 2006, 00:33
mat_
...is for the material system.
r_
...is for rendering.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command#Commands_and_Variables

Majpain
23rd April 2006, 22:56
I'm wondering what kind of exploit it is :confused:

Lord Al
23rd April 2006, 23:22
A bad one that can not be spoken of!

Majpain
24th April 2006, 05:33
A bad one that can not be spoken of!

Is it the white/black hidden sploit?

Blueflame
24th April 2006, 06:11
It's not the Black hidden exploit that has been around for a while already. (that ones a bit different...)

But i dont know what it is....

Ging
24th April 2006, 07:42
And it doesn't matter what it is either - why would you want to know unless you want to use it? In which case I'm going to have to ban you for asking about cheats / exploits...