PDA

View Full Version : Clinging bugs.

starstriker1
31st December 2005, 22:30
There are a few bugs with clinging as it is.

1) pressing the jump button when clinging will have you continue in the direction you were previously pouncing, as though you had never stopped.
2) Throwing grenades while clinging will have them go ANYWHERE but where you want them.

I think the root of all of them is that the velocity of the hidden is being conserved as he clings... from what I can see, it appears as though clinging merely stops the physics updates, and doesn't set the velocity to 0 as might be expected.

Ging
1st January 2006, 04:08
It should set the velocity to 0... there be might be something odd going on with it (which wouldn't surprise me much) - I'll add it to my list of things to look at.

Kitty_Loaf
1st January 2006, 23:20
i'm more or less concerned about the grabbing and pinning, picking up items workes well, but picking up bodies sometimes dosn't work. It'll pick up, then drop, then i have to keep trying. And pinning is odd... People say you use the right click for it, but that dosn't seem to work well and i have to press the use key and the right click at the same time and it makes the bodies look all funny on the wall XD

starstriker1
1st January 2006, 23:39
If THAT isn't off topic, what IS?

Kitty_Loaf
1st January 2006, 23:41
If THAT isn't off topic, what IS?
Would you really want me to make another topic instead of just slipping in my issue with something that has to do with hidden control, which is the topic you're talking about, but more specificially hidden wall grabbing. AND ging has already gave you his insight on it, so.... *shrugs*

starstriker1
2nd January 2006, 02:53
Yes. A new topic would have made MUCH more sense. :P

Kitty_Loaf
2nd January 2006, 03:57
Yes. A new topic would have made MUCH more sense. :P

But that would have been dumb! Anyways, Are you happy that there's a Stamina bar now star? I still remeber when you made a huge deal about crouch sliding XD (by the way, it still works, just have to figure out in advance if you can or not, and when to jump away if you miss)

starstriker1
2nd January 2006, 17:54
I am indeed. And I am aware that crouch sliding works: its just no longer a cheap, unbeatable tactic.

Puzzlemaker
2nd January 2006, 22:43
Pipebombing while clinging is so annoying... its really messed up. Killed myself once by throwing a pipebomb, while clinging, and instead of going forward it drops to the ground and explodes right beneath me, killing me. Pah.

Kitty_Loaf
3rd January 2006, 21:35
I am indeed. And I am aware that crouch sliding works: its just no longer a cheap, unbeatable tactic.

It's beatable XD Garret, Gat and Zyre used to kill me a lot, and i killed em too XD

Oh, and good to know about the pipebomb thing, i don't wanna blow myself up by trying that XD

starstriker1
3rd January 2006, 22:56
It's beatable XD Garret, Gat and Zyre used to kill me a lot, and i killed em too XD

I have the feeling we've had this argument before.

Kitty_Loaf
4th January 2006, 04:22
I have the feeling we've had this argument before.

True, we have, BUT YOU CAN'T WHINE NOW! cause you got what you wanted *laughs*

I feel empty inside...

edit°
4th January 2006, 10:22
The game has been made much better by the stamina bar.

Kitty_Loaf
4th January 2006, 21:17
oh, not saying that the stamina bar is bad, just annoying for me, but i'll get used to it XD i'm more worried about getting all the bugs out, then i'll be a happy camper XD

starstriker1
6th January 2006, 01:35
Neener neener. ;)

echoSwe
1st April 2006, 19:05
There are a few bugs with clinging as it is.

1) pressing the jump button when clinging will have you continue in the direction you were previously pouncing, as though you had never stopped.
2) Throwing grenades while clinging will have them go ANYWHERE but where you want them.

I think the root of all of them is that the velocity of the hidden is being conserved as he clings... from what I can see, it appears as though clinging merely stops the physics updates, and doesn't set the velocity to 0 as might be expected.
that's a problem for me, too.