PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden won't appear in my steam library PLS HELP

User56
8th December 2016, 19:22
I have watched many tutorials on how to download and play this game but it doesn't appear in my steam library.
I have downloaded the beta 4b client installer (174 MB) from ModDB then once it was done clicked I agree then next and finally install.
When it was installing it went through all the files saying skipped in front of the file. I'm not sure if it's meant to say extract like in the videos I watched but It installed fine.
Then I downloaded Source SDK base 2006 from my tools and restarted steam. I'm pretty sure I did everything right but when I opened steam again it didn't show up in my library so I restarted my PC but It still wasn't there.
I even tried downloading and installing it 3 times but I still couldn't see it.

I'm pretty sure I have all the downloads for it that I need but It just won't show. I even have half life 2.
Anyone know how I can get this game to work please because I just can't see what the problem is and get I in my steam library so I can play this awesome game?

Boxy
10th December 2016, 17:34
If I remember correctly, Hidden requires both Source SDK 2006 AND 2007. Last time I installed I'm sure it auto installed both for me when I tried to start playing without them but it has been a while! I'd also be tempted to uninstall/empty out Hidden from your Source Mods folder until these two SDK's are installed, then reinstall Hidden afterwards.

Colonel Mustard
15th December 2016, 03:15
If I remember correctly, Hidden requires both Source SDK 2006 AND 2007. Last time I installed I'm sure it auto installed both for me when I tried to start playing without them but it has been a while! I'd also be tempted to uninstall/empty out Hidden from your Source Mods folder until these two SDK's are installed, then reinstall Hidden afterwards.

What a day it would be if Boxy graced the hidden servers with his presence once again.

User56
20th December 2016, 11:02

I tried that but it didn't work. When I went to empty out my sourcemods folder it was already empty and when I tried installing the hidden it was still empty.
I'm not sure why it hasn't gone to my sourcemods folder or if that's the problem, any help?