PDA

View Full Version : Hidden servers not showing up for anyone on main server list - death of game?

Colonel Mustard
19th November 2016, 07:05
So since November 7th or 8th, no hidden servers have been showing up on the main server list at all for anyone, at least that I know, but they do show up in history. Luckily I and some other people played in servers before this happened so we can still join the servers we frequent a lot but we can't join any of the other servers that we haven't played in. I don't know if this is happening to people who just installed the game but I think that it is. This might be a steam problem because if it were a problem with the game it would have happened years ago and probably multiple times. Another thing that points to it being steam related is that earlier this year the steam overlay stopped working in hidden, which could be seen as a foreshadowing of this. We'd like to know, from the devs or people knowledgeable about the workings of the game if possible (looking at you paegus since you come on here the most) and hopefully we can do something about this. This might actually literally be the end of hidden if we can't fix this because if no one can see the servers, no new players will be able to play and the game will literally die.

Nick12506
22nd November 2016, 18:11
None of my posts are showing up. Post your steam ID and I'll talk you through the issue.

http://fastdl.ghsgaming.com/SF%20FIX/

Is the link to the fixes. Now you don't need to download anything to issue these fixes cause I'll post the gist here.

navigate to, SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base/platform/config

replace masterservers.vdf with provided file. Make sure it is read-only.

Or replace contents with :
navigate to, SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base/platform/config

replace masterservers.vdf with provided file. Make sure it is readonly.

Or replace contents with :

"MasterServers"
{
"hl2"
{
"0"
{
"addr" "208.64.200.109:27011"
}
"1"
{
"addr" "162.254.196.40:27011"
}
"2"
{
"addr" "208.64.200.39:27011"
}
}
}

Then make the file read-only using the right click menu then selecting properties.
Then make the file read-only using the right click menu then selecting properties.

This site ate a great post involving this issue. Thanks Hidden-Source Forums runners. Ya'll are fucking your community and this IRIS took way to long to get logged in.

Nick12506
22nd November 2016, 18:18
God fucking damit admins, fucking forward my great post. I didn't keep a saved copy and I'd like that back so that the gaming community doesn't die.

Nick12506
22nd November 2016, 18:19
Zombie Master

Hidden: Source

Source Forts

All having these same issues.

Every Source SDK Base 2006 have these issues and this site isn't helping at all.

Colonel Mustard
15th December 2016, 03:06
Luckily its been fixed now. Thank the Hidden gods!

Nick12506
3rd February 2017, 18:39
I'm still waiting for 3 of my posts to be validated for almost a month... Don't thank anyone from your community because I personally gmailed Gaben and the email was sent to Alfred which he then fixed the issue.

In the email I told Gaben about the issue and I also included the community fix that the SF community put together. I also asked him about issues involving hosting servers on sdk base 2006 when on Linux but that wasn't discussed..

Nick12506
3rd February 2017, 18:39
I almost fucking lost that reply. This site needs to be fixed.

veradra
5th February 2017, 14:22
That's probably VBulletin's fault, as the forum is running a build that's about 2 years old now.

Also, the project is probably dead. Download page 404's, servers don't show up, Ging was last active on the forums about a year ago...
Sounds dead, especially without any source code or something.

M-X
20th July 2017, 06:36
Up until a few days ago Hidden was working fine.
But I'm getting the "could Not Contact Master Game Server to retrieve server list" now.
I can view a few servers in the history tab and join them no problem.

I've tried replacing the "SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base/platform/config/masterservers.vdf" file contents as Nick12506 suggests but to no avil.
I know this community is basically dead but if I work this out I'll post a fix. Otherwise I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: Ok I can confirm two other people are getting the same message. We all played together on the 17th July so it was working at least up until then

Jack5500
20th July 2017, 07:21
This doesn't work anymore.
Does anybody know how to setup a source masterserver?

Dikkiedik/autist
23rd July 2017, 17:56
I get the same problem as the people above me, I can't acces the server browser, but can join servers in my history perfectly.

smoothmove007
28th July 2017, 10:50
is there any fix to this issue i know this game is really old and dead now but i wanted to play really bad and just recently downloaded the game if anybody still exists on this forum pls tell me if there is a fix

Paegus
22nd August 2017, 09:00
something about disabling heartbeat? idk... it's been a LONG time since I servered any hands.