PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Server - SteamCMD Issues

knupson
2nd September 2014, 21:26
I'm creating a dedicated server with SteamCMD (HLDSUpdateTool dead).

I followed a tutorial and installed APP 205 (SRCDS) and APP 215 (Source SDK Base 2006). And then downloaded from the Webpage this files:

Beta 4b Dedicated Server package
Beta 4b Dedicated Server Update 1

I configured the server.cfg and set the launch option correctly. I also forwarded the ports succesfully.

When i started the server i noticed that every one could join via console but the server was not appearing at the ServerList. To fix this i added the following commands to my server.cfg file:

sv_master_legacy_mode 0
setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
heartbeat

After that modification server now appears at the ServerList but if anyone wants to join it displays a Version Mismatch Error.

I read a lot of online forums and everyone says that since Valve updated the SDK files a lot of servers have the same issues. But when i browse the Hidden Source ServerList i can join a lot of server.

Can anyone help me please

Thanks

phit
3rd September 2014, 01:43
see this thread (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?12192-Old-Vet-trying-to-setup-a-few-hidden-servers-ran-into-a-seemingly-common-problem&p=158668&highlight=#post158668), mainly the last post by me. I'm using that method for a while now and it seems to work.. no idea why *shrug*

knupson
3rd September 2014, 02:29
see this thread (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?12192-Old-Vet-trying-to-setup-a-few-hidden-servers-ran-into-a-seemingly-common-problem&p=158668&highlight=#post158668), mainly the last post by me. I'm using that method for a while now and it seems to work.. no idea why *shrug*

That was one of the posts i read. I tried your settings two times but the error keeps appearing.

I deleted the files to match your install and add you command line to server.cfg - I also tested the server with and without "-verify_all -retry" launch parameters but nothing seems to work.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I did this:

C:\SteamCMD\SteamCMD.exe
Login Anonymous
force_install_dir "C:\SteamCMD\Hidden_SRV\"
app_update 205 validate (SRCDS)
app_update 215 validate (Source SDK Base 2006 - Episode One)
Download and Extract "hsb4b-full.zip" from official download page (Hidden Source Dedicated Server Full Package)
Download and Extract hidden-beta4b1-server.zip (Missing Head Patch)
Delete necessary files to match you setup
Add your MasterServers commands to Server.cfg at "C:\SteamCMD\Hidden_SRV\hidden\cfg\"
Create bat file with this parameters: "-console -game hidden +map hdn_docks -maxplayers 9 -autoupdate -verify_all -retry"

I also tried a setup using "hsb4b-full.zip", "hsb4b-update.zip" and "hidden-beta4b1-server.zip".
I also tried with and without "-verify_all -retry"
I also tried using default install without deleting folders or files

Thanks for your help

knupson
3rd September 2014, 04:54
I make a reply to you. But is awaiting aprooval.

I did what you said in that post. In fact that was one of the post i read and try. No luck for me.

If you can see my reply to your reply there is a detailed guide about what i did and try.

Hope you can see it. If not tell me and i'll make it again.

Thanks

phit
3rd September 2014, 16:00
That was one of the posts i read. I tried your settings two times but the error keeps appearing.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I did this:

Thanks for your help

Yeah, that's exactly how it should work :/
Try letting the server run for a few hours without "-verify_all -retry" and then try to connect over the serverlist, otherwise I really have no idea.

Maybe someone else has more ideas, sorry and good luck!

knupson
3rd September 2014, 18:57
Try letting the server run for a few hours without "-verify_all -retry" and then try to connect over the serverlist, otherwise I really have no idea.

I'll try that today and post the results here. Thanks a lot for your assistance.

knupson
4th September 2014, 00:16

You are a genius. I started the server this morning and joined without problems this afternoon.

Thanks a lot

[UPDATE]

After a server reset it's not working again. 8 Hours passed by now and i'm getting missmatch version again.