PDA

View Full Version : /kill Animation Plugin?

Zoeo
13th May 2014, 20:49
Is there a way to make a plugin that makes it so that when a player uses the /kill command they play a suicide animation? I have created the animation for all of the different weapons/items, but that's as far as I've gotten, the only coding I know is some Gmod Lua, and I wouldn't know the first thing about making a plugin for the hidden.

Animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMq_yayg8mM&feature=youtu.be
Some little things need to be tweaked but that's basiclly it.

Claybro
14th May 2014, 02:14
That looks really cool. Im pretty sure all animations have to be compiled inside the model (CMIIW), so you're going to have to change all 9 player models.

Zoeo
14th May 2014, 15:03
That looks really cool. Im pretty sure all animations have to be compiled inside the model (CMIIW), so you're going to have to change all 9 player models.
Supply and normal IRIS all use the same bones (With the exception of Supply that has 3 extra bones, but they are connected to the skeleton so no problem there),so all animations carry over to each character.

There are not 9 player models, there's 2 bodys (IRIS & Supply IRIS) and 9 heads that change depending which character you choose in the menu (They also use all the same bones and bone weighting).

All I would have to do is export the animation as an MDL that can be place in the hidden>models>player folder and have a code read it to tell it when to play the animation and to make the player invulnerable for the duration of the animation.

Edit:After learning about the HEX Code that is inside the MDL that tell it what animations to use, I must first learn how to change the HEX Code, without screwing up the character, to tell the Iris MDL to also use the "Suicide_anims.mdl" as well. I would love to make this an actual plugin, so if anyone can offer help they'll be put in the credits of it, if it ever get's made.