PDA

View Full Version : change shotgun max damage?

LOLCAT
12th April 2014, 04:16
Hey guys, just wondering if there is anything I can do about the shotgun damage on my server? I don't have a huge problem with it except for the 1 shot kills which are just broken in my opinion.

Is there something simple I can do to maybe just cap the damage at 75 or something like that to at least make it take 2 shots?

Claybro
12th April 2014, 04:54
If you go to the scripts folder, you will find a text file called weapon_shotgun.txt. Everything you need is there.

"Damage" is the amount of damage each pellet does and "Bullets" is the number of pellets in one shot.

So for example if you want the shotgun to do 75 damage, you can either set "Damage" to 17 and "Bullets" to 5 or the other way around. But be aware, setting the shotgun to an extremely low amount of pellets will make it less "accurate".

o_O
12th April 2014, 06:34
WeaponData
{
// Weapon characteristics:
"Damage" "8"
"Bullets" "9"
"CycleTime" "0.5"

LOLCAT
12th April 2014, 20:12
Thanks guys. I set it to 9 so max damage is 81 at the moment I guess.

LOLCAT
17th April 2014, 20:10
So there's actually an issue with this on my end and I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround. I am paying for managed hosting and it appears that the weapon files are among the list of files that are wiped out and replaced occasionally when certain migrations and repair scripts are run on their end. This means that my weapon change was also reverted. Is there a way I can set this value via in a command in my autoexec.cfg or perhaps through an existing plugin or something like that?

Claybro
19th April 2014, 00:16
So there's actually an issue with this on my end and I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround. I am paying for managed hosting and it appears that the weapon files are among the list of files that are wiped out and replaced occasionally when certain migrations and repair scripts are run on their end. This means that my weapon change was also reverted. Is there a way I can set this value via in a command in my autoexec.cfg or perhaps through an existing plugin or something like that?

I don't know why your host would do that. Seems kinda weird. Have you bought a VPS/Dedicated server or just a game server?

As far as I know, there are no plugins or commands that do that. Your best course of action would either have your host to blacklist those files from the repair scripts or switch to unmanaged.

Just out of curiosity, who is your hosting provider?

LOLCAT
19th April 2014, 03:46
I'm using NFOServers, they seemed to be the cheapest host. Is there a better/cheaper one I don't know about? Pretty hard to search for Hidden hosting, haha.

Claybro
20th April 2014, 20:05
Yeah, check your PM.