PDA

View Full Version : Any way to remove "r_screenoverlay vgui/hud/helmetcam" from demos?

perfecthuntr
28th January 2014, 00:30
I think this is simple enough. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

When you are recording demos and using the cameras, the camera overlay is present (r_screenoverlay vgui/hud/helmetcam I believe). Is there any way to remove this overlay from demos that you have already recorded? How about from within the game during the demo recording itself?

Thank you,
PerfectHunter

Paegus
28th January 2014, 14:53
At a guess you'd need to swap out the .vmt with a fully transparent material?

perfecthuntr
28th January 2014, 19:07
At a guess you'd need to swap out the .vmt with a fully transparent material?
Thanks, Paegus. I will take a look at this this evening. What I'm trying to do is watch some demos with mat_fullbright 2 to see if someone is possibly using that to see the hidden. I will be making another post later today in the appropriate section regarding this, but the version of SMAC that we are running on our server did not check for this convar. Since I added it to the list in smac.cfg, we have had to bans from violations of this. We have SMAC 0.8.5.0, I believe, and these two bans happened since 8 PM Eastern last night.

perfecthuntr
29th January 2014, 00:07
Paegus,

I was able to replace the texture file and got what I needed. Thank you for the help!

Regards,
PerfectHunter

Paegus
29th January 2014, 11:04
exploiting mat_fullbright is VERY common (http://bans.ptga.me/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=fullbright&advType=reason)

frankly I'm amazed there are server that dont run smac.

perfecthuntr
30th January 2014, 00:44
Oh, believe me, I know now. I found out about it after trying to prove someone was using something like it. I added it to our SMAC configuration and it is catching multiple people every day. This cvar needs to be checked, and every server must have SMAC installed. Completely game-ruining.

Also, thanks for the help removing that overlay. Now, I can make a fraps recording of mat_fullbright over these demos I recorded.