PDA

View Full Version : Game dont start, steam problem

PaPaRoChi
18th November 2013, 18:08
Hi

i played Hidden about 6 months ago and now i tought it could be fun to play it again BUT - there is a problem now..

I got steam error, heres a link about error:

http://www.upload.ee/image/3713958/hidden.png

ado921
20th November 2013, 10:02
You could try reinstalling, or restarting Steam/your computer. I've never seen that message before. If you find the fix please do post it back.

PaPaRoChi
20th November 2013, 15:24
Just reinstall didn't help me.. I deleted my steam folder with all my games and reinstalled steam and then hidden. After that i can play game now but in many servers i get steam valid rejection - is that my problem or servers? Cause there are servers where i can connect very well.

And about first post, my friend have same error but he dont want to delete his steam (too much games). So, if anyone have solution for that problem, please let me know!

ado921
21st November 2013, 01:21
For Steam Validation Rejection you are probably trying to join a server that hasn't updated with the Source SDK 2006 Update. You'll have to look around to find the ones that have updated. If the problem persists you can try deleting your "Clientregistry.blob" file in the Steam folder.

PJbottoms
18th December 2013, 17:14
I had the same error while trying to startup Hidden (the "no steam content servers are currently configured, etc etc shown in the OP's image) and after deleting clientblob file, reinstalling the game, and everything else short of completely reinstalling steam it still wouldn't work.

Then today I decided to try uninstalling GoldenEye Source, the only other game I had in my sourcemods folder.

Lo' and behold, hidden starts up absolutely fine now with no error to be found.