PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect, no error message

codyb619
27th October 2013, 21:15
As the title says, I can't connect to most servers. Last week I was able to connect to any server. but now I can't connect to most of them. If I try to connect to say Hidden Glue 1 or 2, the bar pops up when it connects to server and sends client info, etc. But the little menu only stays up for about 1 second then goes back to the server list. It seems like every day it happens to more and more servers for me. No idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I do get this error in console

SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket failed (1)
reason-- SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket() failed with error 1: Unknown internal error occurred - AS command error

o_O
28th October 2013, 02:32
You can nothing do about it..
It happens since Valve updated SDK 2006.
Dont worry its not your fault i got this and many many orther Peoples.

LordSoth
28th October 2013, 11:51
yes i am getting Steam validation rejected error every time i try to join a server now, Fucking steam pricks and there screwing things up AGAIN. Only just rented my own bloody Hidden server to and i can not play on it.

o_O
28th October 2013, 13:03
yes i am getting Steam validation rejected error every time i try to join a server now, Fucking steam pricks and there screwing things up AGAIN. Only just rented my own bloody Hidden server to and i can not play on it.

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11784-Source-SDK-2006-Update

LordSoth
28th October 2013, 13:31
read that post and i do not get what it says at all. Where are the GCFs its talking about, in what folder as it does not tell you what folder to look in and there like 50.

I was playing hidden all day sunday so what the hell is diff now ???.

o_O
28th October 2013, 14:03
Gfc Files are in the Downloaded Folder.

codyb619
28th October 2013, 15:36
I checked my SDK2006 and 2007 and both of them are selected to NOT auto update. But after I saw the error message I tried to delete the thread since it's already been covered, hundreds of times by the looks of it.

ado921
28th October 2013, 15:44
Some servers have updated so they work with the update. Unfortunately you can only have one or the other, so some servers will be inaccessible no matter which you use.

o_O
28th October 2013, 17:25
Some servers have updated so they work with the update. Unfortunately you can only have one or the other, so some servers will be inaccessible no matter which you use.

Its better if you get the Fix, because then you are able to connect on almost every Eu Server.

Claybro
30th October 2013, 02:15
Getting the same error in console.

SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket failed (1)
reason-- SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket() failed with error 1: Unknown internal error occurred - AS command error

Weird thing is, I was playing Hidden, then restarted Steam and now I can't connect. Not sure whats up with this. I also reinstalled SDK 2006.

skotosa
18th December 2013, 23:26
Been out of the loop for a few months now, so whats the fix for this error?

Turns out I just had to verify the Source SDK 2006 integrity.