PDA

View Full Version : Source SDK 2006 Update

phit
16th October 2013, 16:13
Do not update your Source SDK 2006!
Valve released a Update for it today and it breaks your game so you can't join any servers!

Update Info:
http://steamdb.info/app/215/#section_info

To turn off Updates go to your Steam Library -> Tools -> Source SDK Base 2006 -> Properties -> Updates
Change Automatic Updates to "Do not automatically update this tool"

I hope Valve will fix this soon, no idea yet how to fix it for people which already updated :(

phit
16th October 2013, 17:30
found a fix!!!
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=561143

rehosting it right now, mirror will be added soon!

edit: mirrored now on my server, if you want a download link send me a private message since sharing source executables is against the steam tos afaik

Shadrah
16th October 2013, 22:32
Basically you're screwed if you updated to this (like I did). Because there's no fix that's actually available that I can find.

Night Raider
18th October 2013, 07:14
Worked perfectly for me. Thanks for re-hosting the files, phit!

o_O
18th October 2013, 20:20
Uploaded it again..

Link: http://bit.ly/17Yw3kn

Do not Update you're Source SDK Base 2006! Even if you get a Message to Format it new or update it!

Copy Paste ReadMe:

- First uninstall the Source SDK base 2006.
- Disable Automatic updates on the tool by scrolling over Library then go to tools.
- Right click on Source SDK Base 2006 and click on properties.
- Click on the second tab and disable the updates.
- Move the GCFs into your Steam Apps folder.
- Move the Source SDK Base into your account folder.
- Launch FF and let it fiddle. DO NOT let it convert the new format.
- You should be able to play now.

kystro
20th October 2013, 00:44
I haven't got an account folder and what does FF mean please ? Thanks

Paegus
20th October 2013, 08:26
Does updating the server as well not resolve this issue?

e: 5000 posts? sheeeet!

Titelsongfuzzie
20th October 2013, 18:01
How incredibly annoying... I hope it'll work again after downloading those files from mega.

edit// Yep, that fix works for me.

phit
20th October 2013, 18:12
nope didn't work when i tried

e: 5000 posts? sheeeet!
yay congrats!

Claybro
20th October 2013, 20:59
Looks like many people did update. Most servers are empty.

Edit: Edit the title to something more specific and sticky this shit.

nope didn't work when i tried

Just tried it with SteamCMD and it worked with the new SDK '06 update. Will be posting a tutorial ASAP.

ado921
20th October 2013, 21:47
The fix worked for me. It's a shame that Valve did this, since it very well was not necessary.

Claybro
20th October 2013, 22:49
Its up.

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11786-Creating-a-Hidden-Source-Server-With-SteamCMD&p=157583

charlie_murphy
21st October 2013, 04:48
Based on the link phit posted,
Part1:
Install source 2007 (if not done so already)
Install source 2006

Part2:
Right-click source 2006 under tools and delete. It won't disappear from list.
Re-start steam
Connect and play

Unfortunately you will get a message that steam needs to convert the content after a few plays. You just have to repeat part 2. Backing up your GCF files might be a good idea when this fix does not work anymore.

Time to start using hamachi, or create no-steam servers?

o_O
21st October 2013, 05:12
Unfortunately you will get a message that steam needs to convert the content after a few plays. You just have to repeat part 2. Backing up your GCF files might be a good idea when this fix does not work anymore.

You can just cancel it

Claybro
21st October 2013, 19:05
Unfortunately you will get a message that steam needs to convert the content after a few plays.

AFIK it only asks for a conversion if you use the 'Join Game' function through Steam.

I'm guessing most people going to have to update their servers. Really unfortunate that Linux users can't do so.

LordSoth
28th October 2013, 13:40
Part2:
Re-start steam
Connect and play

If you delete 2006SDK base hidden will not even load as i will not work without 2006SDK base installed.

lazy
29th October 2013, 15:57
The server I rented from NFO works fine with SDK updated, and there's a few more that works with it I believe. Isn't it up to the other servers to update? Not sure how big of a hazzle that is though, nooby as I am.

phit
29th October 2013, 16:38
The server I rented from NFO works fine with SDK updated, and there's a few more that works with it I believe. Isn't it up to the other servers to update? Not sure how big of a hazzle that is though, nooby as I am.

you can't update right now with a linux server.. :(
more about that (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11786-Creating-a-Hidden-Source-Server-With-SteamCMD)

lazy
30th October 2013, 01:16
you can't update right now with a linux server.. :(
more about that (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11786-Creating-a-Hidden-Source-Server-With-SteamCMD)

Well that really sucks. :/

IHaveAProblem
17th November 2013, 18:06
Hi there.
My girlfriend got the same problem with that "steam validation error". So we downloaded the old source SDK version. From now on she is able to join on server again but she has missing textures (you know like purple and black walls and also completely white soldier skins). It worked fine for her like 4 weeks ago. She also has got half-life 2 and everything we need for that mod. Of course we already reinstalled Hidden:Source but it solved nothing :/
Any ideas? She is probably the only girl playing that mod :D

P.S. What does "Launch FF and let it fiddle. [...]" mean? We were just skipping that part because we had no idea what this could mean...

o_O
18th November 2013, 11:43
P.S. What does "Launch FF and let it fiddle. [...]" mean? We were just skipping that part because we had no idea what this could mean...

FF is just a different Game, to load the Game Files..

RoyTheShadow
23rd November 2013, 17:17
It's strange that Steam create SteamPipe for destroy all mods of half life 2 and do a new type of file package for nothing, because SteamPipe is useless regard before.
The guide is a few generical, because say more and less the things, can you explain more easily the guide with more precisations?

RoyTheShadow
23rd November 2013, 20:10

An another error of texture

Paegus
24th November 2013, 07:30
It's neither strange nor particularly mod destroying. SteamPipe has the potential to keep things more organised withing the custom/modding community.

As with everything... If you build it, there will be bugs.

phit
24th November 2013, 16:04
also it doesnt "break" mods, hidden works fine with the new format!
the main problem is that there's no steampipe sdk 2006 linux version which is required for most servers since they host on linux machines ;)

number86
11th December 2013, 15:53
Based on the link phit posted,
Part1:
Install source 2007 (if not done so already)
Install source 2006

Part2:
Re-start steam
Connect and play

This worked to get past Steam Validation failed.

thanks, but now the few servers that I could previously play on boot me off saying :

SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket failed (1)
reason-- SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket() failed with error 1: Unknown internal error occurred - AS command error

phit
13th December 2013, 07:21
This worked to get past Steam Validation failed.

thanks, but now the few servers that I could previously play on boot me off saying :

SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket failed (1)
reason-- SteamGetEncryptedUserIDTicket() failed with error 1: Unknown internal error occurred - AS command error

yeah, thats the downsite if you downgrade. you can't play on the few updated servers, since the sdk versions are not compatible which was the reason to create this downgrade option in the first place :P

number86
13th December 2013, 18:17
yeah, thats the downsite if you downgrade. you can't play on the few updated servers, since the sdk versions are not compatible which was the reason to create this downgrade option in the first place :P

:'(

Think i prefer the updated servers, time to reinstall. Ugh.

-SM-SUCKER
31st December 2013, 15:59
Uploaded it again..

Link: http://bit.ly/17Yw3kn

Do not Update you're Source SDK Base 2006! Even if you get a Message to Format it new or update it!

Copy Paste ReadMe:

- First uninstall the Source SDK base 2006.
- Disable Automatic updates on the tool by scrolling over Library then go to tools.
- Right click on Source SDK Base 2006 and click on properties.
- Click on the second tab and disable the updates.
- Move the GCFs into your Steam Apps folder.
- Move the Source SDK Base into your account folder.
- Launch FF and let it fiddle. DO NOT let it convert the new format.
- You should be able to play now.

Hey there,

I tried this fix, but I get an Error when I try to start Hidden: unable to load the FileSystem_Steam.dll
The internet tells me, that I have to verify the cache. But to do this, I have to "update to the new format", which sucks, as we all know. So what am I doing wrong here?
I have not played Hidden since this problem occured. And I am getting desperate to kill people with a knife :)

P.S. after updating I can start Hidden but when trying to connetc to a server I get this "Steam Validation Rejected" error.