PDA

View Full Version : Steam validation rejected when I try to join

Justaguy
7th October 2013, 14:56
Ive got a problem:
I just downloaded the game and it runs (at least the tutorial) but whenever I try to join a server, an error pops up witch says: Steam validation rejected,
I couldnt find anything usefull yet but maybe someebody here can help me.
thanks right now for every help.

phit
7th October 2013, 20:39
Exit Steam, go to your Steam install folder and delete Clientregistry.blob. Restart Steam.

Justaguy
8th October 2013, 17:44
I tryed this

Justaguy
8th October 2013, 17:51
it didn't work.

BarryOnHidden
17th October 2013, 14:16
I have the same issue, as do a lot of people from what I can tell. I have tried:
- Deleting everything (Including Clientregistry.blob) from my Steam folder, except steamapps and steam.exe
- Verifying the integrity of SDK, SDK 2006, SDK 2007
- Redownloaded and installed The Hidden files (Beta 4b installer) as well as attempted to patch them using the beta 4b update

I did find something interesting. I am able to join one server. It's the only server which is running the "3b" version of the game. It's always empty, sadly. This is weird because I have only downloaded the 4b version of the game.

Night Raider
18th October 2013, 07:13
I had this same error, but I managed to fix it with the link on another thread. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11784-Source-SDK-2006-Update

found a fix!!!
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=561143

rehosting it right now, mirror will be added soon!

edit: mirrored now on my server, if you want a download link send me a private message since sharing source executables is against the steam tos afaik

It worked perfectly for me, just make sure to read the readme and close Steam when it asks to.

-SM-SUCKER
21st October 2013, 19:12
I am having the same issue, I hope this helps.
The readme cannot be downloaded due to traffic. But this is the other workaround posted there:

Alright, like I said, if the link doesn't work follow these steps:
Go to tools on your Steam library
You need to uninstall both SDKs. 2006/2007
Then install 2007 First.
Once you do that, install 2006, let it dawdle.
Then delete 2006 once if you did everything right, it should remain on the list, and your installation should be rolled back.

MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

Note: Once the servers get updated to the new format, you need to update your client again anyway 'cause you'll get the same error.

Farther, this fix worked for several people, you need to add the files while steam is shut down.