PDA

View Full Version : New server and a lot of problems

Unity
17th August 2013, 08:32
Hello,

I'm trying a to install a 3rd Hidden Source server via the installation guide on this forum AND a tried a copy of another Hidden Source pub which is working fine. But every time I or someone else joins the 3rd server we see only black / purple blocks and the big red ERROR letters. When I join the other server everthing is fine. Does someone know wat the problem is because it's getting frustating :(

Thanks !

ado921
17th August 2013, 09:40
Sounds like you are trying to join onto a custom map without any textures. Try deleting all maps from your third server, and then pasting copies of them from your map folder in. Also make sure you have your and your friend have "CL_DOWNLOADFILTER ALL" set to that.

Unity
17th August 2013, 10:49
Sounds like you are trying to join onto a custom map without any textures. Try deleting all maps from your third server, and then pasting copies of them from your map folder in. Also make sure you have your and your friend have "CL_DOWNLOADFILTER ALL" set to that.

Nope, it is a clean install without custommaps. Even when I make a copy of my other hidden servers (also without custom maps) and unzip it on the 3rd it still gives the same problem.

J Wall
17th August 2013, 11:56
The problem might be related to sv_pure if you have it enabled, but if it isn't I'm not too sure unfortunately.

Unity
17th August 2013, 12:14
Yes the probleem was indeed sv_pure. I disabled it, restarted the server and everthing worked ! Thnx J Wall !
So for the other ppl with the same problem, dont start your server with +sv_pure 1