PDA

View Full Version : Server start issue with custom maps

TheSerion
29th May 2013, 23:33
Hey fellas -

So i'm trying to add a few more servers to what I have online already; but from what I can see, they are all set up in exactly the same way as the others (which work) except for the port and the contents of map folder, maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt.

However, at the moment they stop at this point in the server load, before the plugins have loaded: http://i.imgur.com/JKWg3wX.png

None will accept a connection or even echo a status command.

I'm going to give it another look over, but if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be super. I haven't worked with custom content before. Server OS is 2008 R2.

Paegus
30th May 2013, 05:01
What's your command line?
Did you remember to specify a map name?

TheSerion
30th May 2013, 06:13
Mornin' Paegus - Thanks for the reply.
How's goin'?

Parameters are as follows -

"-ip 94.76.216.199 -port 27025 -console -nohltv -tvdisable -game hidden -map hdn_dojo_b1 -maxplayers 9 -autoupdate -exec server.cfg"
(edit: redacted the ip in the img, wrote ip in plain text in 2nd post. derp)

Aye - I have tried with a regular map aswell, also to no avail. I'm going to try doing a fresh download of the serverfiles and see if that werks. Will update.

UPDATE: I have tried everything from swapping things around, to starting a brand new server. I've checked everything I can think of with a fine tooth comb several times, even a vanilla server on a default port doesn't want to start. realizing all the others created yet so far run fine I even created an exact copy of the folder and executed that - same issue. Going to give muttering expletives a break for now.

Paegus
30th May 2013, 22:16
For shits and giggles try:

-console -game hidden -port 37326 -maxplayers 9 +map hdn_docks

TheSerion
5th June 2013, 00:23
Apologies for slow reply, I've just come back from a pretty dramatic visiting of other family members.

Phew...

The issue - whatever it was seems to have resolved itself. I'll d some more fiddling to see if I can recreate the problem but for the time being, time appears to be the healer. That you Paegus for your support.