PDA

View Full Version : secure mode enabled, disconnected from Steam3

Supplice
26th May 2013, 20:15
Hey guys, I've been banging my head on the wall the last couple of days sorting out problems. Finally got the server to appear on the server browser and now it's not VAC enabled and I can't figure out why, obviously I don't have the -insecure line, I'm not that stupid. I've tried every fix I've come across (Restarting the server, shutting the server down for 30 minutes and starting it, opened ports) and nothing has worked, so alas I'm coming here. If you need any information just ask.

For those following in my footsteps, this fixes the server not appearing in the browser as well as VAC not enabling. At the end of the server.cfg file, add:
sv_master_legacy_mode 0
setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
setmaster enable hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
setmaster enable hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
heartbeat

phit
26th May 2013, 23:36
happens to every server now and then, normally it helps to simply restart the server a few times..

Supplice
27th May 2013, 08:31
happens to every server now and then, normally it helps to simply restart the server a few times..

I've tried every fix I've come across (Restarting the server, shutting the server down for 30 minutes and starting it, opened ports)I've only done it a dozen times or so, in fact just tried it again after tweaking the MOTD and still not seeing the shield. Slightly different message in console though, Could not establish connection to Steam servers. this time around.

phit
29th May 2013, 03:39
how are you the adding your server to the masterlist?

Supplice
29th May 2013, 05:43
Nevermind, fixed it, had to add heartbeat to the end - read OP :P