PDA

View Full Version : This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.

Matt Damon
5th May 2013, 17:29
Hello, so I have been playing the hidden for a long time. I was playing it last night with my friends and all of a sudden, the game quit. Thinking nothing of it, I continued to play a different game. We all decided to download Left for Dead 2 and play that together. It started installing like normal. Then, about half way through the download, it just didn't show up under downloads. It said 'download starting' and that was there for about an hour, but it never showed that it was actually downloading. I tried to start The Hidden, but when i hit the play button, nothing happened. I proceeded to have this no-start issue with Half-Life 2. Then, when I tried to start Half-Life 2, download Left For Dead 2, or play The Hidden, I got an error message: This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time. So I took the advice of another thread and uninstalled source sdk 2006. When I tried to reinstall it, I get a message: The steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes. This has been happening for a couple hours. With nowhere else to turn, I came here hoping for answers. Please advise, any help would be greatly appreciated.

ado921
5th May 2013, 17:58
Restart Steam.

Matt Damon
7th May 2013, 00:25
I have, I also have uninstalled and reinstalled half life 2, the hidden mod, all source skd tools, and verified all the files of all of the above

ado921
7th May 2013, 04:10
See if you can run SourceSDK 2006. It should be in the tools section of your library.

Matt Damon
8th May 2013, 01:49
I was told to uninstall source sdk 2006, so I did and now when i try to reinstall it, it tells me the servers are too busy to handle my request. It should be noted that this only happens on source games and that i am installing dead island now

ado921
8th May 2013, 04:08
Wait a while, then try reinstalling Source SDK 2006. After installing it RUN Source SDK 2006. If it runs, try running Hidden, if Hidden doesn't work still, state what the error is. If source SDK 2006 doesn't work, say so and I'll help look into it.

I cannot dictate when the Steam servers work, if the problem persists with you not being able to download SDK 2006, please use Google to try and find out what is wrong with it, and restart Steam to try again. Please do not uninstall anything else unnecessarily until further notice.

Matt Damon
13th May 2013, 00:18
Ok I have waited a while and while i hope it gets fixed over time, I find it strange that I am unable to download or launch only tools or games related to the source engine. Everything else still downloads and plays fine.

ado921
13th May 2013, 02:32
That's an issue with Steam, IPS, or computer. I am pretty sure it is Steam though. I would recommend reinstalling steam, or contacting customer support. https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php