PDA

View Full Version : Would a Community-Made Update be Welcomed by the Devs?

CreatorOfThings
24th April 2013, 00:12
I am a game developer and have been making mods and games for several years now. I have recently came to love The Hidden, but I would be lying if I said the outdated textures and models didn't bother me at times. I was wondering if a community-made update to the mod would be welcomed? A complete texture overhaul with higher-resolution textures would a be insanely easy to do, and updating a few models wouldn't be hard either.

I was just wondering if this has been answered before, or if a developer could chime in and answer.

phit
24th April 2013, 17:01
unfortunately it seems to me the dev does not care about the future of this mod.. even though there is so much potential
i would love to see an update fixing all the bugs and upgrading to a newer source engine but there was no update since 2007 and i dont think something will happen in the next years :(

Master of Puppets
24th April 2013, 21:46
I am a game developer and have been making mods and games for several years now. I have recently came to love The Hidden, but I would be lying if I said the outdated textures and models didn't bother me at times. I was wondering if a community-made update to the mod would be welcomed? A complete texture overhaul with higher-resolution textures would a be insanely easy to do, and updating a few models wouldn't be hard either.

I was just wondering if this has been answered before, or if a developer could chime in and answer.

Im sure that if you make them and they are good the devs will use them.

Ging
25th April 2013, 22:35
We'd have to see if it was any good before agreeing to do anything with it.